makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

This micro terrain argument sounds very interesting! It would be useful to hide some minor drug plantages in the jungle! :-P

1-2 "not-so-very-good-visible" airfields, too! Currently using few straight Streets for landing places but I need to land myself.

There is a water landing aircraft Addon, it is possible to define an airfield in the water?

I prefer your map over other maps, too. Looks to gorgeous :-> I'd love to see more maps from you in the future!

I've Set up a server to Test the problem,

I've tried recreating the signatures.

Tried packing the addons with BinPbo (Having signatures created by binPbo)

Tried previous version of N'ziwasogo (the one released in January).

They all failed with the same result :

"Wrong Signature".

With some google searching, i've found numerous reports of such issues.

I don't have the time necessary to Look after the problem any further.

So unless someone can pinpoint the issue, i'd suggest droping signature check if you want to play on this map at least for the time being.

We don't use signature check on FSF Clan servers (Trouble makers are sent to the Guillotine).

Here's a quick and ultra dirty fix until Makhno can sort this out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r36ox8kv31ym4jm/nzi_sign_fix.zip

- add my bikey to the "keys" folder

- remove pja305_sounds_new.pbo.FSFMAKHNO.bisign from the "Addons" folder

- remove roads_nziwasogo.pbo.FSFMAKHNO.bisign from the "Addons" folder

- add my two .bisign files to the "Addons" folder

BEWARE: this is probably not PWS compatible as PWS will detect a change and will most probably try to put back the original files. You may have to block PWS from updating this map addon until Makhno is able to fix it officialy.

Those files were created by DSSignfile.exe and verified by DSCheckSignatures.exe

@Makhno:

If I have proper credentials/guest access, I can connect to the FSF TS server if you need help but creating signatures with the tools I'm using were really straightforward.

If you want me to remove my files, just tell it and they're gone.

Would anyone happen to have a link to the previous version of this map? I'd like to do some tests because the current version (0.5) does not function correctly. Load times are extremely long and end up with one frame for every couple of minutes in single player before smoothing out to normal. I cannot play it in multiplayer because it never goes back to a normal framerate. The previous version of the map did not do this, and I'm curious to see if that is still the case or if one of the few mods I've downloaded (RAV lifter and VQI HALO, I believe) since updating the map is causing some kind of conflict.

"...and end up with one frame for every couple of minutes in single player before smoothing out to normal.

Interesting. I thought that was caused by another mod that I coincidently loaded at the same time as upgrading this map.

I never get rid of the previous version of anything for just this reason. If you can find a way for me to get it to you I can give you the previous version of the map.

Hi Vagrantauthor, the issue you are experiencing there is a very well known issue with RAV Lifter. Update Rav lifter to the latest version as he has fixed the loading bottleneck issue that the mod was causing. You can confirm by simply disabling RAV lifter mod and launching the map. The latest RAV Lifter update fixes this anyway, so try that too.

Anyway, it's not an issue with the map only an issue with RAV Lifter.

I'll recreate signatures with the new tools this week end ( used "old" versions untill now) and see if it gets any better.

Here's a quick and ultra dirty fix until Makhno can sort this out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r36ox8kv31ym4jm/nzi_sign_fix.zip

- add my bikey to the "keys" folder

- remove pja305_sounds_new.pbo.FSFMAKHNO.bisign from the "Addons" folder

- remove roads_nziwasogo.pbo.FSFMAKHNO.bisign from the "Addons" folder

- add my two .bisign files to the "Addons" folder

BEWARE: this is probably not PWS compatible as PWS will detect a change and will most probably try to put back the original files. You may have to block PWS from updating this map addon until Makhno is able to fix it officialy.

Those files were created by DSSignfile.exe and verified by DSCheckSignatures.exe

@Makhno:

If I have proper credentials/guest access, I can connect to the FSF TS server if you need help but creating signatures with the tools I'm using were really straightforward.

If you want me to remove my files, just tell it and they're gone.

Included key don't even work on server, it won't let anybody join.

Included key don't even work on server, it won't let anybody join.

I have the exact same issue testing with only CBA and sthud addons...

Tested again with just Aggressors and again can't connect at all.

Really weird...

EDIT: sorry, wrong config on my test server.

After correcting it, I have no issue using the sigs I provided to connect to a server using v2 signature.

Edited by 1212PDMCDMPPM

@Dr@gon: Thanks for the offer, but I've just learned that it is not necessary. I usually keep previous versions of everything, too, but this one time, man - this *one* time I don't...

Update Rav lifter to the latest version as he has fixed the loading bottleneck issue that the mod was causing.

Worked like a charm. Until you mentioned it, I had no idea Lifter had been hotfixed. Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't honestly convinced anything was wrong with the map, but switching back to previous versions of things is simply an early step in the troubleshooting process for me.

This is a really, really awesome map. But you changed the config values and now I hear jungle sounds on other maps too! That's really no good, and it means that it can't be part of our regular mod-pack. Do you plan to fix it so that the jungle sounds are only on this map? Thanks!

Flowers are you sure you have the newest version?

Congrats with the release! We'll use this map for our missions now

Rath - I'm using the latest June 1 release from Armaholic. You don't get jungle sounds on Chernarus?

Nope, I'm using JSRS though so that might be a factor. I'll check without it and edit.

Edit: Without JSRS it sounds different but no Jungle sounds.

Edited by Rath

Well, my unit is pulling out of N'ziwasogo and heading off to a new area. I wanted to say a big thank you to you Makhno for the epic map!

(This was photoshopped slightly if you are wondering why the airfield is so large and why the island suddenly became mainland.)

9ik2kpV.jpg

Here is a couple videos from our operations. Thanks again Makhno for making this incredible map!

You're welcome.

And you're also the winner of the Quizz Where is N'ziwasogo ( mostly because you were the only candidate, even though you were 1 continent too far away)

The correct answer is : Shasta Lake ( Northern California).

Darn! I assumed you picked an area in Africa so I completely ignored everywhere else. :p Never would have guessed somewhere in california

Version 0.6 Available.

Changelog :

-Replaced A2 lamps with A3 ones.

-Redone the config completely ( Now based on Altis' file), important changes in the lighting parameters.

Signatures were checked against a Sig 2 server and should work properly.

Download :

https://www.mediafire.com/?4sv1n8jxt27lyfs

Version 0.6 Available.

Changelog :

-Replaced A2 lamps with A3 ones.

-Redone the config completely ( Now based on Altis' file), important changes in the lighting parameters.

Signatures were checked against a Sig 2 server and should work properly.

Download :

https://www.mediafire.com/?4sv1n8jxt27lyfs

Thanks Makhno, great work with the lighting config, the night lighting is vastly better. I notice that very few of the lamps are working though.

There's a strange behaviour with the lamps, they are turned off randomly.

if you restart the same mission several times, you'll get different results.

Sometimes a whole village can have all it's lamps off, then all on.

I didn't test it in multiplayer.

I have the same behaviour on altis, where some of the lamps are off ( though i can't tell if it's random or not.)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

J' adore cette carte,excellent travail MAKHNO!

TFA's woodland retex uniform are just awsome in that playground.

It's hard to wait excellent Dariyah map improvement :) !

....and a little request,just in case, did you plane a sub-marine vegetations in future?

Edited by pathaber