ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

404 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

All the classnames you need are on the front page of the thread. Simply look at the pictures of each set you want to run and they are there....

Eastern European Rebels

Middle Eastern Fighters

African Pirates

FACTION CLASS = "caf_ag_eur"

MORE IMAGES

FACTION CLASS = "caf_ag_me"

MORE IMAGES

FACTION CLASS = "caf_ag_afr"

MORE IMAGES

;-P

SJ

Clearly I'm not alone in feeling this way, but your people skills could use some serious modding.

If you can't respond to simple questions and requests without copping an attitude, maybe you should have someone with an ounce of patience manage this thread for you.

would not be an issue if people would just read the thread and respect the team's wishes at this time.

Clearly I'm not alone in feeling this way, but your people skills could use some serious modding.

If you can't respond to simple questions and requests without copping an attitude, maybe you should have someone with an ounce of patience manage this thread for you.

Dude, you need to take a chill pill and respect that folks like Ohally are taking the time to build mods like this for the community. You are truly some ungrateful idiots if you think Ohally needs to reply and take your requests as you wish. I think maybe you should move before you make things worse for the community that cares and is thankful to people like him.

I could manage the shit out of the thread for him, but I think its much better to let him do it himself ;)

I really love your mod!

I noticed some problems with the weapon shadow and some errors in the rpt related to the skeleton, but they work very well and give a good immersion!

It would be nice to see some statics weapon!

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks for the mod! It really adds to the immersion and makes me nostalgic for the good old arma 2 days.

Only one issue though, it seems the armor values that these units have, at least the middle eastern ones, is super weak. One shot from a suppressed 9mm weapon consistently kills infantry units, even if shot in the foot. I don't know if this is intended or not, but I'm pretty sure I don't have any mods that alter bullet damage or anything like that. Has anyone else noticed this?

I apologize if this has been mentioned already. Thanks again for the awesome mod!

Thanks for the mod! Only one issue though, it seems the armor values that these units have, at least the middle eastern ones, is super weak. One shot from a suppressed 9mm weapon consistently kills infantry units, even if shot in the foot.

Interesting observation. I know that using 5.56 on the Iranian faction and many community mods, takes several rounds to put them down. One reason I am told is because BI is simulating body armour. I would then conclude that many of the Aggressor/guerrilla/terrorist factions don't have body armour and therefore can be killed at close range with one shot from a 9mm (as would anyone). Unless there is a better location system that says a shot to the foot isn't fatal then I don't know what the answer is.

Love this guys!! Question. I am trying to place mines in a location these AI will be in. I was thinking to have them avoid stepping on them i would add the minedector kit to them. However when i try to add gear to their INIT line it is being override i assume by a script that gives them their custom gear. Any way around this?

@Gisllustio, thanks for the reply. Having troubles still.

Tried script with following and still not working:

in units INIT line:

nul= execVM "scripts\addmine.sqf";

Script file:

sleep 5;

this addItemToBackpack "MineDetector";

Interesting observation. I know that using 5.56 on the Iranian faction and many community mods, takes several rounds to put them down. One reason I am told is because BI is simulating body armour. I would then conclude that many of the Aggressor/guerrilla/terrorist factions don't have body armour and therefore can be killed at close range with one shot from a 9mm (as would anyone). Unless there is a better location system that says a shot to the foot isn't fatal then I don't know what the answer is.

Armor ratings were removed in general so that talitubs weren't standing up to 4+ rounds through their man jammies ;)

@Gisllustio, thanks for the reply. Having troubles still.

Tried script with following and still not working:

in units INIT line:

nul= execVM "scripts\addmine.sqf";

Script file:

sleep 5;

this addItemToBackpack "MineDetector";

nul= [b]this[/b] execVM "scripts\addmine.sqf";

@Giallustio Thanks again for quick reply....still no go. I assume the script for the units is probably interfering with mine...

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

For those looking at my request, maybe it's useless since i just got an update about this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172704-Having-enmimies-avoid-mines-placed-in-there-locations

The reasons i was attempting to give them a mine detector was to avoid mines placed. Thanks anyways

Armor ratings were removed in general so that talitubs weren't standing up to 4+ rounds through their man jammies ;)

Yeah, that does make sense. But for difficulty's sake, it would be cool to give them at least a little bit of armor, maybe enough to stand 1-2 rounds before immediately dying. Also, the one shot instakill kinda breaks their compatibility with wounding mods, like the TPW ones.

I keep gettin an error: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_soldier_F/Wounds.tex'."

I heard this has something to do with the middle-eastern units in this mod, am I right? is there anything we can do about it yet?

edit: I understand the OP says that the wounds textures are missing from the middle-east guys, but this is actually crashing the server and kicking people out for some reason.

Edited by GDent

I keep gettin an error: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_soldier_F/Wounds.tex'."

I heard this has something to do with the middle-eastern units in this mod, am I right? is there anything we can do about it yet?

edit: I understand the OP says that the wounds textures are missing from the middle-east guys, but this is actually crashing the server and kicking people out for some reason.

It shouldn't crash the server, we use it on ours same issue, requires a mission re-start, but not a server restart. fixed in newest version.

Oh sorry, it doesn't exactly crash the server, but it seems to require a server restart due to the mission freezing it up. Any ETA for the next version? Glad to hear it's fixed

Thanks a lot

Absolutely fantastic mod. Having no dependencies makes it much easier to persuade the rest of our guys to start using this mod.

We now use this on our public server, I hope you don't mind us using your logo:

ZPaxyFP.jpg

The download on dropbox is down.

Are there any mirrors?

Thanks!

I hope you don't mind Ohally, I did a video showcase on these guys...the images just don't do them justice!

Absolutely fantastic mod. Having no dependencies makes it much easier to persuade the rest of our guys to start using this mod.

We now use this on our public server, I hope you don't mind us using your logo:

http://i.imgur.com/ZPaxyFP.jpg

No problem, it is a pretty sweet logo if i do say so myself ;)

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I hope you don't mind Ohally, I did a video showcase on these guys...the images just don't do them justice!

Huge thanks man!, great vid

How do we go about giving these guys custom gear? Like guns? Like for example, if i wanted one of them to be a sniper? Thanks

How do we go about giving these guys custom gear? Like guns? Like for example, if i wanted one of them to be a sniper? Thanks

you don't, they are randomized for a reason, otherwise place down the marksman with SVD

any chance of light armor (ranging from BTR-40s to T-34s) also thanks for the mod, ive been working on recreating the 2nd battle of Fallujah(the A2 map) with A3MP, N-B USMC, and the Agressors