toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms WIP thread

Say what breakthrough did Kiory come up with that he earned tribute in video?

Say what breakthrough did Kiory come up with that he earned tribute in video?

Read the First Post

Read the First Post

Could you lend me some more details

3dsmax-to-oxygen/RTM pipeline for animation

How?

the wrist seems to bend awkwardly in those wip shots like the bone is sticking out. any way to fix that or is it an engine technical issue(lack of bones in that area)?

Nice, can't wait for this. Also, I've been waiting for For Hire for a quite a few years now, so this is extra sweet.

Since you seem to be an expert on this level I have to ask: Would it be possible to change the handposition of dead bodies? Dead bodies will always have their hands pushed as open as if they were trying to show off their finger nails to a girlfriend of theirs...

The hands should be half closed.

Would it theoretically be possible to change this via a mod?

Greetz!

I know you probably don't want to hear requests for every cool thing from For Hire, but I've got to ask, are you planning at all to make the Valanx JLTV for ArmA 3. Obviously it would probably require a bit of a remodel(interior,anims,etc) but I think it would be really awesome.

Small update, fixed the mad fingers on the right hand bug with the M60, and got Enfield animations ingame(including a rechambering gesture). Still todo: add stripper clip and bullets.

I know you probably don't want to hear requests for every cool thing from For Hire, but I've got to ask, are you planning at all to make the Valanx JLTV for ArmA 3. Obviously it would probably require a bit of a remodel(interior,anims,etc) but I think it would be really awesome.

I'd have to look into it. It's not on the cards right now, but that isn't to say it won't be in the future.

Woah, very good job on the animations. I'll say the assets aren't the best, but I'm sure that could easily be remedied.

Yeah, I'm working on it where possible. A couple of nights ago I started doing small RVMAT tweaks, which seem to improve the look of some of them considerably.

Since you seem to be an expert on this level I have to ask: Would it be possible to change the handposition of dead bodies? Dead bodies will always have their hands pushed as open as if they were trying to show off their finger nails to a girlfriend of theirs...

The hands should be half closed.

Would it theoretically be possible to change this via a mod?

Greetz!

I'll admit I'm not entirely sure. I'll have a poke around and see what's what, but it wouldn't surprise me if ragdolls defaulted to reference pose under the physics simulation. No idea if that's a thing that's alterable on the outward facing side of the engine.

Small update, fixed the mad fingers on the right hand bug with the M60, and got Enfield animations ingame(including a rechambering gesture). Still todo: add stripper clip and bullets.

Oh holly cr*p ! This is much more immersive ! Still there remains the "problem" with manual loading weapons as the lee enfield, it's the shell ejection which always goes off nearly instantly after the shot (which doesn't let the time for the reload animation to start...)

Oh holly cr*p ! This is much more immersive ! Still there remains the "problem" with manual loading weapons as the lee enfield, it's the shell ejection which always goes off nearly instantly after the shot (which doesn't let the time for the reload animation to start...)

Sadly there's no real way around this other than scripting it entirely, I've attempted such things before and it's rather difficult to get the ejected shells to work

Hey looking great so far with that M60! But is there any update on the AK 12 and PSO-1? I guess probably not though as you have been working hard on that Enfield and M60 by the looks of it ;)

Excellent work, I'm especially looking forward to the animations. The M60 reload is excellent, sad that the weapon itself cannot be animated properly to really work with the hands (same with the enfield, lack of stripper clips/cartridges).

Hey looking great so far with that M60! But is there any update on the AK 12 and PSO-1? I guess probably not though as you have been working hard on that Enfield and M60 by the looks of it ;)

What kind of update were you wondering about? I use the AK12 quite a bit on our missions we do and the PSO-1 when I use the more traditional AK's.

What kind of update were you wondering about? I use the AK12 quite a bit on our missions we do and the PSO-1 when I use the more traditional AK's.

I thought they hadn't been released as it still says waiting for permissions etc?

Ah sorry. I misunderstood. They haven't been publicly distributed. I'm just one of the guys from the SHARBSE group. I thought you were looking for updates related to the animations, or if the animations were affected by optics or if there was clipping etc.

A question regarding the AK-12 (or any weapon, for that matter): Is it possible to have the charging handle move with the hand during the reload animation? As in you see it move back and forth in sync with the hand animations.

A question regarding the AK-12 (or any weapon, for that matter): Is it possible to have the charging handle move with the hand during the reload animation? As in you see it move back and forth in sync with the hand animations.

Yes it is:

WOW. This is the kind of attention to detail id always hoped for.

looking forward to it.

WOW. This is the kind of attention to detail id always hoped for.

looking forward to it.

Yes I agree.Only sounds triggered at right time, chamber cover being pulled bit more backwards,

magazine be bit better positioned on hand, before seating mag in, weapon being better positioned (seem off)

and that's really it.State of perfection.

Good on you Pufu.

Nice Toadie. You can manually edit RTM with Oxygen to remove hand rotation glitches simply by removing given keyframe.

*Waiting for BI to hire Toadie as model- and animationdeveloper in 3, 2, 1...* :D

Really nice work ;)

Yes I agree.Only sounds triggered at right time, chamber cover being pulled bit more backwards,

magazine be bit better positioned on hand, before seating mag in, weapon being better positioned (seem off)

and that's really it.State of perfection.

Good on you Pufu.

The video is NOT my work, so no need to give me credit for it. But it is possible to use a proper software to create animations this time around, for now blender via Alwarren tools, and with some time, maybe even directly via 3ds max, if i ever get to get either python or maxscript to replicate Alwarren matrices exporter, which so far, with limited time, i haven't