Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Autumn

During the whole summer, I hadn't seen anything but clear weather, sunshine, and high temperatures. In the beginning of this week, I received a warning: The ground was wet because it had rained during the night! I hadn't seen wet ground for months. Just a few days ago, I actually saw the rain fall down the sky. It was a long time since I had seen it rain, so I went to the window and watched it for a minute.

Today I woke up. September the first, and behind the curtains there was sunshine. I went out and could immediately feel that today wasn't summer. Even though the sky was clear with the exception for a few light and white clouds, even though the ground was clear, and the sun was shining, it was several degrees colder than a week ago. Today wasn't like the other days … Today was autumn confused.gif

if you want summer, try LA.

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

right now, i live 40 miles east of LA and it's 100 degrees(fahrenheit) right now...and we only see rain in winter or an hour drive away.

i like autumn in east..beautiful foliage. smile.gif

Keg, any autumn islands coming up?  tounge.gif  (j/k)

Autumn is the best season of the year! It cools down enough to be tolerable, there is still a reasonable amount of light each day, and you get the riot of colours that trees become in the fall. It's not as dreary as winter, not as wet as spring, and not as hot as summer smile.gif

Same here Ralf, i live in Atascadero, 3 hours north of LA, maybe not that far but we still get a 100 degrees on a daily basis with no rain. biggrin.gif

well im glad summer is finally over... freaking crappy season....mumble mumble mumble......freaking crappy heat and humidity muble mumble ^$(*#...... freaking lousy disease carring masquieteos and other anoying insects &*#$^*&@#^$&*@#^$*^*^%!!!!

Spring is better. I like it as it gets warmer, not cooler.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 01 2002,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you want summer, try LA.

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ralph your description should be changed to OF Comedian, instead of OF fan... I don't know, maybe just me but I find your posts too funny sometimes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Sep. 02 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.

Today I woke up. September the first, and behind the curtains there was sunshine. I went out and could immediately feel that today wasn't summer. Even though the sky was clear with the exception for a few light and white clouds, even though the ground was clear, and the sun was shining, it was several degrees colder than a week ago. Today wasn't like the other days … Today was autumn confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ist day of spring here!!! Not that we have a bad winter average temps 28 for winter!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (loopy @ Sep. 02 2002,03:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ist day of spring here!!! Not that we have a bad winter average temps 28 for winter!!! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wow, even Santa Claus should be wearing shorts and shirts!

good to see you again loopy smile.gif

Yea, its the second now. Yesterday was really good, and so was this morning but tis overcast again. I would rather be in Melbourne Winter than Summer. I come from teh cold, and prefer the cold. 10degree days, fine, 40, no way!

I love the rain. I havent had it rain with full force for a while. I'd love to have another one of those fiercly rainy days again, just comin down as hard as possible biggrin.gif

Here in Finland it didn't rain for like 2 months while I spent most of the time at the garrison. Last wednesday when I got on a vacation lasting a whole week, it started getting foggy, and on thursday it started raining.

Autumn sucks, but every day away from the army is a sunny day smile.gif

// cam0flage

My biggest regret that I never once sofar this summer ,just sat down and looked at the stars. Been to busy and the bloodsuckers have been out in full force here sad.gif

Can't wait for crisp nights to go out star gazing again. But I will be ripping out my hair as this is my fire season. Gona have to start cutting firebreaks again mad.gif

Living in Australia I love winter. This summer we are looking at 40+ deg days. Its spring here now (not really, we only really have winter-summer) and its 30 Deg to day. in summer at night it will average 25-30 Deg most nights unless the storms hit the it will be easyer to sleep.

###bring on the clold I say ###

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 02 2002,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. I would rather be in Melbourne Winter than Summer. I come from teh cold, and prefer the cold. 10degree days, fine, 40, no way!<span id='postcolor'>

You know its summer in North Queensland when…………

The best parking spot is determined by shade instead of distance.

Hot water comes out of both taps.

It drops below 35c and you feel cold.

In February it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.

A seat buckle makes a good branding iron.

You can get sunburnt through a car window.

A deep fear of metal door handles.

You break a sweat the moment you walk out the front door at 07.00

Your bicycle fear “what if I get knocked off and get cooked to deathâ€

You relies asphalt has a liquid state.

Farmers feed chooks ice blocks so they don’t lay hard boiled eggs.

Cows are giving evaporated milk.

Trees whistle for dogs.

lol Hi ralph how are you going?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (loopy @ Sep. 02 2002,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 02 2002,13:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. I would rather be in Melbourne Winter than Summer. I come from teh cold, and prefer the cold. 10degree days, fine, 40, no way!<span id='postcolor'>

You know its summer in North Queensland when…………

Trees whistle for dogs.

lol Hi ralph how are you going?<span id='postcolor'>

very very true

I remember a few years back when I lived in NZ I came over for a holiday in Melbourne. It was durring the hottest summer for something crazy like 100years and it was HOT. I got off the plane and one of the hostesses said it was 45 outside. I was in the aircondition airport terminal at the time and I thought 'sounds a bit hot' not realising how hot it was. I get out of the terminal, and by the time I reached the car which took a few minutes I was sweating like a roast chicken in the oven. I know what you mean about the metal seatbelts been could branding irons....... And the car had leather seats sad.gif Wearing shorts, scorching leather seats, bit of bare skin gets on seat and OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! So hot you go to the supermarket for the airconditioners........

Here in Sweden, after midsummer you can feel the sun rise later and later, and set earlier and earlier ... In the middle of the summer, it's not dark at all during the nights. It's not bright, but it's definitly not dark, you can probably see as far as you can daytime. Around Christmas time, the sun sets around 3-4 pm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (loopy @ Sep. 02 2002,11:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know its summer in North Queensland when…………

Trees whistle for dogs.

lol Hi ralph how are you going?<span id='postcolor'>

here's Ralph LA edition:

you know it's too hot in LA when.......

ppl actually go near water fountain to cool down, not to just sit and eat.

you see women dress less. from usual shoulderstrap ones and shorts to almost bikini.

ppl actually drink the bottled water they carry.

ppl actually goto beaches to swim.

i'm fine loopy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 02 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's just weird smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you skip the geography lessons? tounge.gif Really up north in

Sweden/Norway/Finland, during some days/weeks in summer, the sun never sets. Awesome. smile.gif

midnattssol_kabelbukta.jpg

Midnight sun - Image source