Sign in to follow this  
jinzor

Patrol Missions

Hey, I'm playing the campaign again for the third time, and I'm just wondering; what exactly is the point of the Patrol missions (the missions you initiate when you walk away from Camp Maxwell)?

It seems to me that all you can do is just kill other enemy patrols for their AAF weapons/equipment, because if you stray too far or walk into the red areas, you'll be killed immediately (plot armour, stops you from destroying/killing soldiers in areas you haven't been to in the campaign yet). Is there anything else you can do that I haven't realised you can do?

These missions are complete news to me.

Thanks dude!

huh? Thats really something new, how could i forget, it can be rewarding in a game like arma, actually go away from actual mission, and discover something new.

Scouting on Altis - roam the nearby areas, visit some interesting places and meet new people. I bet some guerrillas could have some info about favored tourist locations ;)

Is there way to preserve stuff found on dead bodies during patrol/scout missions? I equpped em and it got overriden with default. Can i store them in weapon boxes at rearm point in Maxwell/village? I found nice camo and want use it instead that default in Adapt.

Edit: It was answered here (Warning! This thread contains spoilers!):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171618-Campaign-Episode-2-ADAPT-Feedback-thread-**-SPOILER-WARNING!-**&p=2600601&viewfull=1#post2600601

Edited by ataribaby

So... doing these missions has no impact on the overall campaign progress?

Yes, but you can grab extra goodies from weapon dealers and fallen enemies to aid you in the main missions.

Scouting on Altis - roam the nearby areas, visit some interesting places and meet new people. I bet some guerrillas could have some info about favored tourist locations ;)

What people? There are a couple squads of enemies, and a bunch of dead civilians next to roads. The ALICE module from ArmA2 is really lacking, and so is the ambient combat one.

Also, i lost my awesome/awful checkered hat that i stole of a dead guy. :p

What people? There are a couple squads of enemies...

Oh! You made new friends already! How wonderful!

Oh! You made new friends already! How wonderful!

I killed my new friends because i was bored. :)

I killed my new friends because i was bored. :)

I keep running over some random pedestrians... They spooked me with their guns...

I'm currently trying to solve the Medical Supply mission but I cannot pick up the Medkit. First aid kids work, but the medkit won't move into my inventory (which has space free). :confused:

For a Medikit you need a backpack. If you can't find any,

(there is always one nearby)

the task can be completed by just

having at least 7 First aid kits in your inventory.

I found some zafir with good scope in teh side missions. It really helped me complete the main mission.

I found a .50 with thermal sight from the last side mission...fun sniping people from long distance...

For a Medikit you need a backpack. If you can't find any,

(there is always one nearby)

the task can be completed by just

having at least 7 First aid kits in your inventory.

Ok, maybe it's just me, but

- I searched the whole village, every house twice, for the friggin medical supplies and found nothing

I read your comment here and:

I knew I had killed 4 AI at the site, so I searched the dead AI and had 7 FAKs in my inventory, according to your post, but nothing happened. Do I need both 7 FAKs and 1 Medi Kit? I remember one of the soldiers had one, but I didn't get to pick it up that time I loaded, maybe that one fled?

Ok, maybe it's just me, but

- I searched the whole village, every house twice, for the friggin medical supplies and found nothing

I read your comment here and:

I knew I had killed 4 AI at the site, so I searched the dead AI and had 7 FAKs in my inventory, according to your post, but nothing happened. Do I need both 7 FAKs and 1 Medi Kit? I remember one of the soldiers had one, but I didn't get to pick it up that time I loaded, maybe that one fled?

I think that BI changed the requirement from IFAK to MedKit so people can't just cheat it.

Personally I think medkit missions are pointless currently since you can't save it when RTB, why bother other than role playing purpose?

Med supplies

As it was possible to complete this task far away from the AO of this side quest, distance condition (< 25m) from the clinic (it's the large building just beside the Strider, with frontal entrance blocked, you have to use the rear one :) ) itself was added.

Med supplies

As it was possible to complete this task far away from the AO of this side quest, distance condition (< 25m) from the clinic (it's the large building just beside the Strider, with frontal entrance blocked, you have to use the rear one :) ) itself was added.

Ok, I also searched that "clinic" you cited, and it was completely empty, but I didn't go back in there AFTER picking up what I needed - is it that what you're saying I have to do? :confused: It would be OK if there were the supplies I was looking for, but it was completely empty, so why can I complete the task only in there?

UPDATE: Looks like the trigger didn't activate again, back in time when I was there first. I didn't take enough of the supplies when I was within the range of the trigger the first time. I restarted the mission, revisited the location, killed the AI and as soon I stepped over their bodies (i.e. within 25m of the clinic) it triggered as I had already enough supplies from last time in inventory and the task was done.

Edited by Fireball

Did anyone else experience to be "stuck" at the munitions table in between the Miller briefings and the missions taking off? I can't move or take stuff to my inventory, no keys work. I am stuck at Camp Maxwell by ammoboxes and tables with gear listening to Liam warren and Jacob O'Connor ranting about who Miller is and so on. I have to stand there for 5 minutes which is the countdown between briefing and mission start. completely unable to resupply or anything.

I experienced that while waiting for Wet Works and am now stuck waiting for the supply run mission (can't recall the name) where we meet with FIA

Any tips much appreciated, thanks

-OP

Did anyone else experience to be "stuck" at the munitions table in between the Miller briefings and the missions taking off? I can't move or take stuff to my inventory, no keys work. I am stuck at Camp Maxwell by ammoboxes and tables with gear listening to Liam warren and Jacob O'Connor ranting about who Miller is and so on. I have to stand there for 5 minutes which is the countdown between briefing and mission start. completely unable to resupply or anything.

I experienced that while waiting for Wet Works and am now stuck waiting for the supply run mission (can't recall the name) where we meet with FIA

Any tips much appreciated, thanks

-OP

I have this too since the update.

I forgot to say that I am running on the dev branch - but you are getting it in stable version ?