No problems man, there's still issues so 18A is still much WIP but given player interest (and the 240s work properly even if the Hellfires don't, lol) I felt that having something updated would help a bit.

• Like 1

G'day Eric,

Got a chance to download last night and have a quick test.

Besides the obvious fault of the invisible/cloaked Hellfires, I could not really fault them, although I only flew the UH/MH-92 and the MH-60M DAPs. Ducted fans on the UH-92's do seem a little fragile, but as you said above, could be the way the damage is handled. I crashed a couple of times after clipping trees with the tail while climbing out of a valley.

Other than that the only other issue I had was the Imperial HUD. Got a little confusing sometimes when watching the speed indicator on the status panel and then the HUD. Do you have any plans to incorporate a metric version of the HUD?

Great job. Looking forward to more experimentation with the birds and whatever you bring to the table next. Hopefully the Hellfires decide to make appearance soon.

No plans on the Metric HUD, it was designed intentionally to be Imperial with all the helos, given some initial adaptation and so on. If I make an "European" version yes, it will go Metric. You have to realize that most of my decisions are based on what I want to see in the mod and what people see in the mod. One request? Yeah not much emphasis but the -92s/94s is to most "Science Fictiony" and not very popular given the emphasis of staying with the "tried and true" systems that are out today. nothing wrong as I like the MH-60M myself (and the MH-92) but overall if some people want to see a non-US version, then I can do so. So it's a good idea but given that I like to keep my mods as self-contained as possible, I'm not saying it can't happen but US HUDs are always Imperial.

Black WIP Initiative Zamak:

wip1660.jpg

No worries Eric. I can adapt.

As you say the 92/94 birds are on the verge of Science Fiction, but I think they fit a niche spot between the aerial systems of today and those of a science fiction future. Who knows, it may not be too long before Ducted Fan technology is capable of propelling VTOL aircraft. It is already being used in the tail rotors of helicopters now. But, I digress. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Well personally it just looked so cool in Avatar so I figured "what the hell" as I have some more ideas  down the road so I'll probably mature it to some degree as well. We'll see...

I look forward to seeing what you do with the 92's, if you choose to do anything down the track.

There's going to be some capabilities that I can add to the -92s, such as getting a UAV feed working, thanks to a cool article sent to me by Lala14. The thing is I got DCS stuff coming up tomorrow so I'll be "around" to comment but I've been putting off some needed work on that stuff, so once the Barrett is in my hands I'll get that to the range and confirm some things, and also was relayed a zero issue on the M107s as well as the vehicle work for Initiative stuff. Other than that I'll still add some tweaks that have been noticed by my SME for the UH-60s, so once that is more furnished and the Hellfires show up, then another release (along with some other things) so those who like the -92s can have fun with the DAP versions at least.

Any plans on adding fast rope capabilities to the helo pack? I'd love to make a black hawk down dedicated mission!

It's been a work in progress, for scripting it should be:

zlt_rope_helis = ["ej_MH92DAP","ej_MH92","ej_MH60L","ej_UH92","ej_UH92_RWG","ej_UH60M_UT","ej_UH60M","ej_MH60S","ej_MH60SI","ej_MH60SI2","ej_MH60M","ej_UH60M_U"];
zlt_rope_helidata =
[
    [
        ["ej_MH92DAP"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_MH92"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_MH60L"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_UH92"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_UH92_RWG"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_UH60M_UT"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_UH60M"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_MH60S"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_MH60SI"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_MH60SI2"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_MH60M"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ],
    [
        ["ej_UH60M_U"],
        [1.6,2.0999999,0.2],
        [-1.6,2.0999999,0.2]
    ]
];

That's for zealot111's own script. I'm trying to get it working without requiring a mission but this should help.

Been getting some complaints about zeroing with the M107, I have tweaked it and seeing if that will help given a couple complaints that were brought up during gameplay so next version I'll hopefully fix that issue.

Okay some things while doing some work on the DCS: Super Hornet project on the "off-time":

Gun pack

- Broke down and made a 10-inch SBR HK615, given I play Insurgency a lot with CSAT I prefer it better.

- Tweaking inertia to reflect SBR lengths, I'm using the base Ultimax 100 given it's a longer barrel (don't remember the length) and reducing base weapon inertia from there.

- Broke things down to three PBOs like the UH-60, as it's getting annoying waiting around 12 minutes for one small fix. All configs (Launchers, Items, Pistols, etc.) are now in one PBO so I can get things done quicker

- Magpul magazine models for the HK615s. Just a modified version of the 30-rounder that the 5.56mm weapons.

- Still need to verify zeroing distance settings for the Barrett M107s and M103.

UH-60 pack:

- MH/UH-92s have two MFD pages for the pilots, the FLIR display and the Slingload page (both are on when spawning, so if needed you can turn them off, currently operable in the pilots slot still

- Condensed some textures for less impact and usage, the less I have the less to worry about, things seem okay with the changes, so nothing special.

- For the MH/UH-92s only I removed that inert rescue hoist. If there's a way to make it worth the polys I'm open ears as I felt they would be useless on those aircraft, and it cleans up the lines a bit.

- The S-94 Sling Load MFD is a better geometry, looks better than a slab of geometry. I may move it to the pilot's MFD instead.

- Various other fixes and tweaks

Kiowa:

- Very little time but finally got the rotors to start in the place that they should be, but the main rotor is being retarded so I'll have to see that next week.

• Like 1

hello EricJ,

what do you think of a version as well ?however, you're doing a great job .bce4f58c4d0f5047a0534036e66553c3.jpg

Maybe but no promises right now.

• Like 1

Okay now that things are somewhat settled, I'm shooting for around 1400 EST/1900GMT Open Practice tomorrow on my server, for an hour or so if needed. I'll open my TS and server up as always.

Yeah... I keep busy really.

And some various WIP images:

wip1661.jpg

wip1662.jpg

wip1663.jpg

wip1664.jpg

wip1665.jpg

wip1666.jpg

• Like 5

Having some fun....

G'day Eric,

Lots of new toys in those pics. Keep 'em coming.

Open Practice

TS: ts45.gameservers.com:9188
Port 20302

Okay:

Gun Pack:

- Barrett M107s and M103s have a max zero for 2000m (confirmed)

UH-60 Pack:

- Adjusted cockpit positions (Pilot,Co-Pilot) so the hands actually hold the control stick and the collective lever

- MH/UH-92 Pilot MFDs has a Sling Load camera view and FLIR view. By default they're "off" so you can turn them on as needed. Still trying to get the Gunner's one to shut off. It's not a priority but overall something in case.

Kiowa:

- Main rotor turns but when it goes to blur, it stays static, and checking the named selections everything mirrors the UH-60s, so it should, work.

• Like 2

Some UH-60 work, getting the cockpit sticks working more visually better:

wip1668.jpg

• Like 2

Okay a quick update:

Gun pack

- Back sight of the M468 still not working for some reason, but the others do, may be an issue with Addon Builder

- Otherwise Barrett M468 works, and quite well. Right now needs a competent, reliable artist who does guns to get the new model done right. It is UV mapped but I don't have the inclination to work on guns since i suck at gun textures.

- I may look into adding a VEPR that ssplainskin has been bugging me about, more on that later on.

UH-60s

- Fixing a lot of bugs, still no Hellfires. ADuke is making some futuristic looking ones and that may go on the MH-92s if they show up in-game.

- Methinks because how the configs are setup, Manual Fire just doesn't want to work with me, which is very strange as it... should. So you'll have to sit in the Co-Pilot's seat for now or have a competent pilot in for the M230 armed versions

- I have an initial config for the AH-64D from A2, still need to take some time and get it fleshed out more, but it's there to be added. Given I only plan on doing one version (May do an non-radar D as well, given past history with Jane's Longbow many, many moons ago) but i I can get the UAV feed working, I can make it an "E" and so on. But for now expect a normal US Army D model, until told otherwise.

- I made a darker (believe it or not) skin for the MH-80 as well as more tweaks, but otherwise no real change to that.

Kiowa

- Main rotor is somewhat jilted too as it won't spin even though everything works, but that's the only issue, as I found some geometries from ADuke's sample work and modifying it to the newer airframe.  There are also pylons (or whatever they're really called) so once everything else works I can look at some armed versions.

• Like 2

And a couple WIP shots. more than likely next week I'll get back into more A3 stuff but for now just to show that things are still being worked on:

Also thanks from ADuke823, he remapped the UV for the ductfans, so now I can put some better (and needed) detail into the area. The S-94s show some areas where the blade mounts were removed but overall just better mapping so I can put more clearer warning signs, and so on:

wip1669.jpg

wip1670.jpg

And the "new" MH-80 skin. Looks actually a bit better than the BIS one but not by much:

wip1671.jpg

And the current glass for the Kiowa:

wip1672.jpg

• Like 3

And some glass work on the Kiowa:

wip1673.jpg

wip1674.jpg

More work, the left side main screen needs some more tweaking but it's working slowly:

wip1675.jpg

• Like 3