And "final" look, I may redo the mounting bracket but so far this is how it looks.  I thought of restricting the equipment but given player preferences (I can't set it up to just limit flashlights though) I'll leave it for them to decide:

wip1183.jpg

wip1184.jpg

wip1185.jpg

• Like 1

And final look, probably around Sunday I'll get this uploaded:

wip1186.jpg

After that I'll start to hopefully crack on the helos, i.e. redoing them to see if I can't get the FLIR stuff working.

Ericj, as as stated before love Helos and your projects.  Only have one request for helos in the future, make them a bit less indestructible?  Its nice taking 4 AA missles out of the groups you couldn't flare off/avoid, but can only seem to destroy one when its on the ground with AT or crash it.

I'll see what I can do man, I thought I fixed that issue....

Well after some tweaking I managed to cut down the armor (which had a real strange way of soaking up a missile hit), so next week or two when I get the stuff redone it'll be easier to shoot down.

May you fix the "floating hands" bug with Takistan Fighters, please? Looks like they use Arma 2 hands insted of Arma 3 too. Btw, great work with them!

Hmm I'll see what I can do.

And thanks Foxhound!

Okay fixed the hands, and also for the next version of the Taliban pack. Honestly I have reservations of uploading a Steam version due to the fact a lot of players expect it to be "ready to go" which in a sense is, but isn't given I don't arm them. I've floated the idea of Katibas but even as porous as the country is, I doubt the Iranians don't care for them, and vice versa.  So for now no Steam version as it's dependent on mission editors, and again, don't want to get into a Multiple Config nutroll again.

• Like 1

Thank you Ericj for getting to the armor issue so quickly, looking forward to the next update!

No problem man, it seems it;s not so much A2 legacy issues, it's how A3 handles damage from the Titans, which are probably low power to begin with anyway (compared to say, an AT version) given the type of target it's engaging. During multiple tests last night I got hit with all four Titans, but it was the cannons that eventually got me. So now down the road it'll be easier to get shot down, etc.

Some more Model 727 work:

wip1187.jpg

wip1188.jpg

wip1189.jpg

Was attempting to round out the carry handle area and had to clean up the legacy A2 geometries, as well as tweaking the stock to reflect an earlier version compared to a current M4 standard stock.

• Like 1

Right on, seems like a pretty accurate test.  Was getting hit by 4+ AA missiles and still going till some loan sniper or gunner shot me through the door...or tried something stupid and found power lines lol. 

Well I checked the damage value of the AA missiles, which is 100 points, which was strange as it should blow you out of the sky anyway, so I'm guessing somehow or some other BIS damage is reduced by a quarter, which should again blow you out of the sky by two hits or so. I haven't tried it yet but I flew directly towards it, no CM at all, took the hits and kept on trucking. I need to check it later on but overall should take one or two now.

Had a couple issues brought up regarding the hands and headgear.  With the newer hands for A3 the "shadowed" ugly looking hands looks pretty good after a check just a few minutes ago.  As far as headgear goes I'm keeping it as is given that most Taliban fighters (all really) never wore combat helmets, and if they did I'll be very surprised (other than shady as shit ANA and ANP soldiers) so right now they'll stay given that BIS patterned the "Takistan" look based on Afghan look, or whatnot. There are females that I do have available via the A2 Sample models and right now will stick to civilian males given that they're getting setup as I type. So the Taliban Fighters pack will have those two. As far as Technicals go the BIS Armed Offroad is a cheap stand in anyway as I can dig out a Hilux/DSHKA which I've been mulling over porting as it'll be my first vehicle and so on. Again as I go along I'll add stuff and so on if I feel like it but right now I'm going to get the updated Taliban out tomorrow given it's less maintenance than the gun stuff and next week, the helos.

Okay I ran through all the optics so what one is it?

Hey EricJ,  loving your helo pack. Curious though and I apologize if this has been brought up but i wasnt pulling it up in search, are you planning on adding a lil bit of roll to your helos when they land. Just a lil bit of inertial movement so they dont stop on a dime.

Either way love your blackhawks thanks dude !!

Well I'd recommend Verifying your Cache as it may be a game, not a mod problem, because I do play with my guns and never have an issue. Sound issue? Not sure as I thought I quashed that bug last year.  I can poke around but I hear sounds fine in multiplayer, or maybe it's just because it's only me that I hear everything and nothing seems wrong.

Ah thank you kindly EricJ, not sure why my search is not hitting any of the key words. Appreciate the point out !

No problem man, I figured you thought it got lost in the replies or I hadn't, but yeah man I've been aware of the issue for some time, and a person I know who is also working on some wheeled geared helos was having the same problem. Besides if you do it as BIS shows you and still no worky, then it's not me or anybody else.

I run DragonFyre myself and I hear weapons fine, RHS AFRF and what other gun mods (SOCMOD really) so it may be an order issue, but overall when I can get online and do an MP test on a pub server I'm quite sure I'll hear sounds just fine, and not just mine.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmteVVUZ1o2TFRXeXc/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taliban Fighters RC2:

RC2
- Removed First Aid Kits
- Added Afghan Civilians. Due to current skill only males are included, females will be added if possible down the line
- Removed A2 hands and replaced them with A3 models.
- Added a "Taliban Technical", which is essentially an Armed Offroad for now.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmteVVUZ1o2TFRXeXc/view?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Taliban Fighters RC2:

RC2

- Removed First Aid Kits

- Added Afghan Civilians. Due to current skill only males are included, females will be added if possible down the line

- Removed A2 hands and replaced them with A3 models.

- Added a "Taliban Technical", which is essentially an Armed Offroad for now.

females i have some but i have problems with the hands have no idea how to fix that 

What I did for the males was delete the hands, then copy and pasted the ones from the A3_example.p3d, and before that, removed all empty named selections to remove the A2 ones.  Then I had to do some resizing as yesterday the A3 elbow and mid upper arm was clipping through the clothes.

As for the sounds went on the TF Warhorse pub server, and before a Hacker did it in, had no issue whatsoever. Then I ran on LAN by myself my Insurgency map with the RHS Insurgents and no issues with sound, with DragonFyre running both times.