Did some thinking on your request BagPiperGuy and you and other people are going to have to realize that weapons, especially rockets and Hellfires, start to load up a bird real fast (I'm sure gatordev can confirm), so if I was going to do an armed Knighthawk, you're gonna have what's in the pic, a max of two dudes in the back. Besides you'd be amazed how 12 heavily armed and laden bubbas start to do the same in loading down a bird, so any form of a  "Black Hind" is out of the question. Mater of fact the DAPs have that massive fuel tank in the back so that is what you get, capabilities are reduced, i.e. you get a tradeoff between combat load, performance, and so on. So when I get to it only two bubbas will be in the back (besides in reality there is decided backblast hazard with the rockets and Hellfires anyway, so what the illustration shows, is what you get. Or if that was nixed because of safety issues then there won't be a version. Yes, you can argue A3 doesn't effectively model backblast and damage (though ACE3 does) it's still not realistic, so that's pretty much where I sit on that issue.

The images that BagPiperGuy posted are of a Block III Sierra that I had mentioned earlier, so in that SUW config, it's going to be employed as a shooter/pouncer and not as a mini-van for high-speed dudes.  Having two pilots and two crewman is a pretty accurate representation of what would be onboard (although I'd argue they wouldn't have 3 crew-served guns onboard, just 2).

That said, it would not be unusual to have a B3 Sierra that has the bat wings attached but with no rockets/missiles onboard.  Instead it would just have two crew-served guns in the back (GAU-21 or M240) and an aux fuel tank.  In that case, having seats/cargo spots would be realistic (independent of actual modeler workload to make it happen in-game).

Well I think for gamers who "Know Everything" that's good enough for me, I'm sure everybody wants to throw in a full Light Infantry Company and enough ordnance to level the whole map (and fuel to last hours) I'll keep it limited to what's shown on the images. More than likely players will have to carry a 240 or equivalent for such stuff like that. Give players a quarter inch, and they'll take 93 million miles. Besides I'm sure any other stuff I just don't want to bother with either. Have to keep it sane as well.

Unfortunately no, I had actually tried that for 7-75 and the answer is a flat out NO. And that is because of Game Logic and how they handle vehicles and backpacks. So if I could I would have many moons ago (is a great idea) but no, until BIS makes a vehicle (that's one reason methinks) able to be put into an Inventory (broken down, or assembled, etc.) then I'd do it, or more pointedly, have done it already.

Well good to know. Thanks for the info. At least i know now i'm not the only one who thinks it'd be a great addition in game.

Given advancements in tech it's not surprising but given engine limits there's nothing that can be done. Maybe scripting but overall it'll still not work unless the engine can support it.

Also... with 1.50 Initiative (so far anyway) AT gunners DO fire their AT4s at you with the AllowagainstInfantry=1; setting so... keep that in mind when the PIF RPGs get in your hands.

EDIT: Note that they'll drop the unused tube and roll with their Varmin though.  Also did some loadout fixes, changed it to two RGOs instead of one RGO and one RGN.

• Like 1

Just a short video showcasing some PK stuff, weapon sound is BIS so it kinda sucks but so far I've set the weapon at 700 rpm (as Wiki said 650-750 so I thought in the middle would be good)):

Also in the night portion is to show the now visible green tracers (only had to give it a scale and they showed up, for the Russian 7.62x39mm (AK and PK).

Just FYI: that's not RPK but a PKM in 7.62x54R (full-size rifle round not the x39 intermediate)  ;)

Cool, i"ll fix that.

It was brought to my attention by somebody on Steam that my grenades were stepping on other mods grenades... (i.e. you couldn't use other addon grenades, etc.) so tomorrow I'll upload a fix (sometimes stuff like this takes a few hours to knock out) I'll upload a fix for that as while it's not killing people, it's something that needs to be addressed. So you'll get some things (like that RPG) quicker. I had hoped to develop more of the rounds, but instead you'll get the normal HE round for now, as there are a few more I can mess with, as well as other things.

Okay definitely tomorrow, in fixing one issue I also fixed another with the M38s, so now it won't step on other explosive satchels and the like.

Also with the new patch, the PIF guys will have some civilian wear as well (general thug look, or the cliche "Freedom Fighter" look, etc.). I had thought of it earlier but overall with the Iranian face, and Caucasian arms... didn't look right. Now that they fixed that (though LODs need to still be fixed). Overall mostly they'll have a backpack, or some web gear like an LBV harness and so on. That'll be for RC65 though, as getting this fix out is more important, etc.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtRGlsM00xU0w5UmM/view?usp=sharing

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RC64.5
- Added a Railed RPG-7, it can mount optional sighting accessories, such as various optics.
- The Ibex Launcher Sight now has one more dot for drop compensation (more or less tuned for the RPG but may work for others), it has compensation for 300m (bottom dot) and in the next version three dots will be visible.
- Added the ability for the PK to mount suppressors, can use US (SureFire).
- Adjusted the cyclic rate of the PKM to 700rds/min. Also has a specific sound (BIS).
- Fixed TracerScale for the 7.62x39mm Russian round, now green tracers will show.
- Fixed Grenade load for the Initiative AT Gunner, now has two RGOs instead of 1 RGO and 1 RGN grenades.
- Added an "Inert" M40 for training. The grenade will explode but will cause no damage.
- PKM fires correct round, 7.62mm x 54R. Rounds are based on the 57-N-323S cartridge
- Fixed my addon grenades stepping over other addon grenades.
- Tweaked the majority of HK stocks again, making them look more correct and sized correctly.

• Like 1

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

EricJ Weapons Pack RC64.5

required_addons.png

- Community Base addons A3

- ASDG Joint Rails

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice :D I've seen some Polish or Czech ones (not sure, all white people look alike) and that's pretty much what they have,  not so much the sight but a simple reflex sight rather than the iron that it's normally equipped with. I've been pondering a laser mount (or flashlight, though I don't see you clearing rooms with an RPG... but to each their own) now that I got that fix out at least.

Started messing with the the "Persian Islamic Faction Supporter" unit, which is a civilian unit with a CSAT vest and an AK, some mags, and a couple RGOs. Again it's just something to offset the camo-heavy units and just have a bunch of "militia" oriented stuff to shoot at as well.

• Like 1

Doh! Thanks Foxhound!

Started on the "militia" so to speak and I'm trying to get the random selection (should work as the current build just finished, so hopefully that'll work):

wip1136.jpg

wip1137.jpg

Deleted

Okay apparently the random scripts don't work, so far I've come up with 7 variations, which is basically some Iranian skinned dudes wearing what Greek people will wear. Granted in the real world fashion varies.... I think I'll be okay.

New Download Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGm0Pi3UmtRGlsM00xU0w5UmM/view?usp=sharing

RC64.5

- Added a Railed RPG-7, it can mount optional sighting accessories, such as various optics.

- The Ibex Launcher Sight now has one more dot for drop compensation (more or less tuned for the RPG but may work for others), it has compensation for 300m (bottom dot) and in the next version three dots will be visible.

- Added the ability for the PK to mount suppressors, can use US (SureFire).

- Adjusted the cyclic rate of the PKM to 700rds/min. Also has a specific sound (BIS).

- Fixed TracerScale for the 7.62x39mm Russian round, now green tracers will show.

- Fixed Grenade load for the Initiative AT Gunner, now has two RGOs instead of 1 RGO and 1 RGN grenades.

- Added an "Inert" M40 for training. The grenade will explode but will cause no damage.

- PKM fires correct round, 7.62mm x 54R. Rounds are based on the 57-N-323S cartridge

- Fixed my addon grenades stepping over other addon grenades.

- Tweaked the majority of HK stocks again, making them look more correct and sized correctly.

Thanks EricJ for the Railed RPG-7 very usefull!

Ahh was wondering what was up.... no problem!

Finally fixed the MFD compasses. Eventually I'll get off my ass and get working on the antennas in the back, but all of these are fixed for now:

wip1138.jpg

wip1139.jpg

And testing of the PIF Militia members went fairly well on my end:

wip1140.jpg

• Like 1

Would be cool to play as the raven warfare group and have to fight aaf or even CSAT. I prefer aaf as you can resupply form them if need too :-)

It's not hard to do really, I'll see what I can do.