MH-60L Cockpit:

wip1757.jpg

And continuing with the AH-96:

wip1758.jpg

wip1759.jpg

• Like 2

Continued work on the riveting of the AH-96. More than likely given that the Samples models has only ASRAAMs (which was never adopted) available to actually include, I'll have to use those instead, even though they're technically not correct (Falchion-22s would be more exact) but as such I'm hoping for an end of the week release, maybe Sunday/Mondayish.

wip1760.jpg

wip1761.jpg

wip1762.jpg

Also I found some old stuff from a Black Shark 2 skin I did and added (so far) an HMLA-167 fictional squadron. What I may do is have a USMC, and a generic US Army skin, and then have various other units or such added as time goes along, therefore there will be some sort of generic look and then players can select various skins, etc.

G'day Eric,

She sure is a good looking bird. Can't wait to give her a workout. Thanks for the effort you have put into this creation.

Lovely, I cannot wait to try it out!

That hellfire on the wing tips made me think: why they never put anything on top of the stubby wings? I know that on Mi-24 wings generate lots of lift especially on high speed, but on Ah-64 and AH-1Z? You could stuff a missile or two more there. Yeah, yeah, weight and all that, but it would look cool.

Nah, I'm keeping it on the tips. And so far the Rattlers was a glitch in the model, now its fixed to the point that they don't show up yet, have to tweak the model.cfg and such.

I did not mean to tell you to put them there, I was just thinking why nothing ever is put on top, that is all.

No worries man, it's all good. As far as why I don't know, given that it may actually cause issue with airflow or some other reason that I'm not aware of (may just have been that, airflow reasons)..  And also later model AH-1s in USMC service had the chaff/flare dispensers mounted on the top of the wings so that would preclude mounting weapons there. As far as the Apache goes it seems they went with dual Stinger mounts instead of AIM-9s, though I remember the Apache being cleared or at least being tested that way. Otherwise I'm not honestly sure myself.

Speaking of unsure... in between with dealing with the dumbest tool on the planet, managed to get most of the fuselage re-riveted so it's coming along. Along with the USMC and US Army versions, I have also gone with a "NATO" version scheme:

wip1763.jpg

What I do plan on doing is making this one Metric (I still need to do a UH-60 and -92 in Metric...), so when I grab the relevant HUD code I'll make it as such.

• Like 2

Ever think about doing turbojet versions?

256?cb=20110227024041latest?cb=20110227200642

UD-6 Talon Gunship and UD-12 Shepherd transport turbojet VTOLs from Battlefield 2142, just an idea I thought I'd throw in the mix.

Still loving the ducted blackhawk, and excited about the coming Cobra!

I've actually tried to model a Doragon from the game as well (managed to start it in VBS1 and then just dropped it), so it's doable perhaps, but for the future maybe. But it's something to think on at least.

• Like 2

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey EricJ , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Speaking of unsure... in between with dealing with the dumbest tool on the planet, managed to get most of the fuselage re-riveted so it's coming along.

Mind telling what that tool was? I would like to know in advance if I ever try my hand at modding Arma 3.

BTW: If I understand you correctly: You use Arma 2 assets with you forward port to A3, since A3 assets are encrypted. Then you made you changes. Is that right? I'm asking as I'm thinking about trying my luck in vehicle modding (juts want to mess around with UH-1).

PS: Fuck imperial units, metric system FTW!

Thanks Sonsalt6 and Kari!

Mind telling what that tool was? I would like to know in advance if I ever try my hand at modding Arma 3.

BTW: If I understand you correctly: You use Arma 2 assets with you forward port to A3, since A3 assets are encrypted. Then you made you changes. Is that right? I'm asking as I'm thinking about trying my luck in vehicle modding (juts want to mess around with UH-1).

PS: Fuck imperial units, metric system FTW!

The "Tool" I'm referring to is a woman who assumes I'm some Bruce Lee Mohammad Ali, Son of a Russian assassin and apparently a criminal mastermind, yeah I know she's retarded. Dumb bitch has been accusing me of it for 21 years. Other that if you have further questions on this subject PM me as the moderators don't want personal business on the forums.

And yes, I use the A2 Sample Models (click the linky below for the Arma 3 modding link in my sig. It has every model that can be edited form that game, and you can download some Sample Models for A3 which helps guide you (but not full models like the A2 download) with creating mods as well. Helos are a bitch but once you get them working it's so much easier...

More work:

wip1764.jpg

wip1765.jpg

wip1766.jpg

AH-96 is looking great.  Colors look good too.  One small recommendation might be to add some NVG formation lights to the inside of the V-tail.

Already there man, just the angles of those shots (I took a few shots on a previous page or two that shows this) so already there and working :)

I think the green one is looking the best. Very realistic looking Eric!!!

~S

Looking at the ducted fans helos I noticed that you could easily stick a device for in-flight refueling at the top, since there is no main rotor to block anything there. Just a random idea. It would help filling up the empty space.

Well honestly the Green came from the actual DLC PSD templates so in essence it's BIS's work :)

Looking at the ducted fans helos I noticed that you could easily stick a device for in-flight refueling at the top, since there is no main rotor to block anything there. Just a random idea. It would help filling up the empty space.

I've pondered that idea (my concept was like the old British Sea Harrier configuration). I am planning an HH-92 down the road and may go that route with it.

Starting on some basic weathering for the AH-96. The USMC versions will get the heavier set of weathering as well as the Army and NATO version, to show a bit less wear and tear:

wip1769.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Eric, since you have spruced up the Cobra cockpit for your new AH-96 chopper, would you consider releasing a normal rotor Cobra as well?All the other mods are using the old A2 one with the old cockpit-it is really showing it's age now.

• Like 2

That is an accurate statement lol....And they sound just abysmal now as well. I'm so not impressed with any of the Cobra mods that I plumb refuse to fly them lol. 

~S