Hi Eric,

i noticed that the jointmuzzles are not available anymore for the Weapons. A couple of weeks ago i was able to mount your Surefire Suppressors on Vanilla Wepons, now they dont show up for those. Did i miss something or a config, or was there any kind of Updates for Arma 3? I run the actual Stable Branch 1.38. Hope you know what i mean, English is not my native Language ^^

That's because Joint Muzzles was setup to also work for the vanilla weapons as well. If you look at the top of the page the vote was taken (if it's not visible?) and it was 12 in favor of not using Joint Muzzles. Overall I had no issue with Joint Muzzles but I felt it was kind of nice to get community input rather than just making a decision and that be it.

Ah now i see, thanks i understand. I didnt noticed that poll, like mentioned, it´s not my native Language and my eyes sometimes didnt notice sentences displaying on the screen. As you know i use your Wepons since first release of it, was always in my Modlist when i play, i personally loved the muzzels, they had given variety to a soldier setup in my opinion :)

If you have this muzzels on your drive somewhere then feel free to send me a PM when its okay for you. I would love to have them back when playing SaOk´s WholeLottaAltis.

Thx for your mod anyway, i love your Weapons :)

Unfortunately it's not going to happen as the mod has about 66 weapons as it is, and the reason I cut this mod down was to help my sanity more than anything else so no, I'm not doing a separate version for Joint Muzzles.

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Hi, this mod replacement standart BLUFOR weapons for SCAR? Thx.

Getting old... No, it's not a replacement pack for standard units. Honestly I just don't care to make one and realistically the SCAR would never be issued to line troops, and as far as I still understand US SOF doesn't really use it that much as FN hoped.

That I wasn't strangely aware of... Good to know.

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Speaking of Warlord554 he's hooked me up with some good accessories, some suppressors and an AN/PVS-22. Since the AN/PVS-22 is an attachment that makes a scope NVG capable right now I plan to just add it to the M3LR optic as that's a 2D optic. I may possibly add it to some of the 2D ACOGs but overall I usually just use reg'lar NVGs and see fine with them. So when I get to a point I can get that working I will, so the M3LR will simply turn into a Day Only scope while the PVS-22 will be Night only.

Right now since I'm on "pause" (sort of) with client-work, I did manage to apply RVMATs to the suppressors, though methinks the "non-CLP" look doesn't work too well, after some help again from WarLord554 as far as that's concerned. Given that BIS overshines shit I'll see what I can do to give it a more muted shine. And as far as people using it with the RVMATs... looks good? Works okay?

Okay cool I'll have to look at that. I've seen that of course in the RVMAT file but never knew what it did so I just used the textures, thanks!

Was doing some checking of the gun work I was doing for somebody, and found this out with the HK416, should be okay as far as shine as well:

wip745.jpg

Okay got the latest patch installed. For right now the coding allows the InitSpeed to still be set by the magazine. For the most part since it still functions "as normal" I will not set a default initspeed on a weapon, yet. If for some reason the default BIS ammo doesn't work in the 5.56 guns at least, then I'll have to set it. More to follow on that as I spend some time to get it working so if you have to battlefield resupply then you won't be left with a non-functioning weapon.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Okay a quick range test and vanilla ammo still fires correctly and still does killin, so right now since most weapons take a variety of ammunition at present, then I'm not going to fix what ain't broke. And methinks the recoil should be jecked up (not working) due to a new recoil system that they were working on (I left dev branch simply because I got all the information I needed). Also with the new resting algorithms going on TMR will still be considered part of the mod, but for nominal resting (rocks, etc.) you don't need it. And when the Marksman DLC comes out I'll move towards that as well and probably eliminate TMR as I go.

Good to see you back. Was starting to think you had gone AWOL. Sounds like a successful R&D phasefor you.

Yeah I've had a rather rocky week so far and now its pretty much settled down so I can get back into working on the pack, a little bit so that's good but an update is still further away though, I think maybe in a week or two I can get another version updated. I still have a lot of custom gun work to do so that's what's kept me from working on this. I may include a Barret REC7 though, and quite frankly not do the M468 since the work is already done (other than inventory images and other small bits) but it is a 6.8 weapon so... that's what's been on my mind so far as far as an additional weapon as I think a lot of people want a 6.8 SPC weapon anyway. Recoil seems to be unaffected so maybe back then when I was on Dev they may haven't gotten a good feel for it even though I thought it was pretty cool.

I love this mod, it adds so many unique and current weapons to the game. however I have noticed an issue with the HK416 GL sight or its zeroing.

Recently the arma 3 1.4 update went up so it might be some of the changes in 1.4 that screwed it up, but when using the GL it seems to have the wrong zeroing for the displayed range.

50m lands at 100m targets

100m lands at 200

150 lands at 300m

and anything above 200m zeroing lands at 400m

Okay I'll run it through and see what happens as it shouldn't do that. And if it's an issue I know I can't fix, I'll have to see how to counteract it. If not... well... yeah.

Sorry for the delayed response... fired the M320 on the HK416 and quite honestly don't know why you're getting (or me for that matter) a 100m arc when the sight is set for 50m. It could be the general physics of the grenade or could be the fact where everything is positioned as far as the eyepoint, etc. I can tweak it and see what I can do, but overall if you're firing 50m then just for now aim lower until I can come up with a way to adjust the sight.

nvm I am a blind man I guess, there they are the 417's I was looking for.

Edited by BagPiperGuy
Blonde Moment

Must really be in trouble if you need a 50m 40mike mike shot :p

One of my Drill Sergeants in Basic reportedly popped a dude at close range with a 203 so I guess it's "I really have nothing left" (which was that situation) during Desert Storm so methinks if its not going to zero at 50m I can just set it for 100m and go from there though and see how that goes.

And cool BagPiperGuy.

In Dakota Meyer's testimony for his MoH package, he said he ended up shooting a guy up close with his M203, just like you said, because he had nothing left. It didn't arm, but still knocked the guy down. I can't remember if that was the same guy that he then ended up in hand-to-hand combat with. Definitely a bad day that day, and amazing he made it out alive after returning to the fight so many times.

Yeah that was what happened with that DS anyway, I'm not sure if he killed the guy or realistically knocked the shit out of him (given typical a typical physique of an Iraqi soldier) or he blew him up, but from the context it probably just bean bagged him real good as well. I wasn't there so it could be just the "awe" of dealing with somebody who'd been in combat, as we all were at that point anyway.

Hey people i don't mind if you add me on Steam no big deal... However you jokers in clans throw an application at me and I'll automatically reject it. Usually I assume it's for gun work and that's fine, or you just want to chat, that's cool. But keep in mind that I'm 38 years old, and mostly busy so I don't always have the time for clans. Nothing wrong with any established clans out there as I've met some great people over the last year and so on and if I feel I'm going to go back into a clan, I'll make that decision, not you.

And yes this PSA is because somebody did that.

Lol down the road maybe but right now it's just not something I want at the moment.