Well okay, it's basic coding so yeah... here's a mission (if you're familiar with VAS) that can help you play with it. If you're not familiar with VAS go to the ammobox that's right in front of you, scroll down to "Virtual Ammobox" and it'll bring up a window, the left window shows all the weapons you have installed and activated. Once you double-click on the weapon name it'll give it to you, and a window on the upper left will show the magazines to load them. It's not that great sometimes (windows should be much bigger, and UK-FRG made a good version just haven't taken the time to use it) but it's simple to use once you figure it out:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/Range.Stratis.zip

Once you download this file, copy and paste the folder into your Documents/Arma3/Your profile name/missions folder. Open Arma 3 and click on "Editor" and select Stratis. Once you do that it'll be called "Range", then you can try VAS out and shoot some targets up, and setup with Zeus. And I forgot the the name but the ambiance of the airfield was done via the "Stratis Airbase 2034" template I found on Armaholic, but is pure vanilla so you shouldn't have any issues loading it.

Yep and I'll get an ammo box configged later on and get it uploaded.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3vlbnrn59y4xuh/M32RC4.7z?dl=0

- Ammo box and Zeus compatible

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:21 ----------

Spent some time on the AT4, touching up and redoing the lettering on the launcher tube, as well as killing off the blue on the rubber. I mean seriously I think BIS has a Blue fetish, where things like the 240 are bluish in color, when the manufacturer site shows it in its natural colors, and therefore totally off. Same thing with the rubber on the tube, it's like they wanted the "barnacle look" on smooth rubber. But anyway rant over, here are some pics:

wip444.jpg

wip445.jpg

wip446.jpg

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip447.jpg

wip448.jpg

---------- Post added at 18:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/JFO-JTACGuideRC8.zip

Added "The Perch"

Just to make sure, this is the AT4-CS, the Confined Space model, with reduced back blast for use in urban environments correct?

Also the AT4 CS has these properties....

84mm Tandem HEAT Warhead

222 m/s velocity

500mm RHA Penetration (Pre-ERA)

300m Point Effective Range

The AT4 CS AST has....

84mm HEDP Warhead

200 m/s velocity

40mm RHA (Pre-ERA)

300m Point Effective Range

The difference between the AT4 CS and the AST is that the AST is Anti-Structure, for use against "softer" targets or entrenched positions. Both the AT4 CS and AST are Confined Space safe designs allowing for soldiers to fire from inside structures without causing injury or death to the shooter.

Here are some basic resources for you...

AT4 CS: http://www.saabgroup.com/Global/Documents%20and%20Images/Land/Weapon%20Systems/AT4/AT4CS.pdf

AT4 CS AST: http://www.saabgroup.com/Global/Documents%20and%20Images/Land/Weapon%20Systems/AT4/AT4CS_AST.pdf

Edited by Spartan0536

Thanks man I'll probably put some of that information to use though... as for the CS yes... I haven't gotten off my ass and figured out how to show the water cloud (if my mind serves me right) as it fires but I prefer that to the non confined space model. A person I knew who had a Christopher Reeves style accident was going to model the backblast (and it was realistic as he showed me online) but never implemented it due to the accident. I'm noticing that the firing script isn't working so maybe down the road figure out how to get that working again.

Okay, yeah it was a fuckup on my part, the normal config didn't have the entries specified so it works now, which is good :)

So...

- Fixed M4/M4A1 Muzzle system

- Fixed again the HK615 inventory

Sweet glad I could help look forward to using it, :-)

Yeah if you go on the previous page a hotfix config is ready for now to fix that issue.

Also for those who actually use the TMR Autorest bipods (as I do, can't not use them...), I removed the (well commented it out really, nothing major) CamShake when you rest the bipod. I finally got fed up with that portion of the mod as you don't shake when you lay on the ground and use your bipod, unless I'm missing something? In any case that's also on the next update as well.

Was doing some HK416 research and came upon the SurFire Mini so... yeah I made one for the weapons pack:

wip449.jpg

wip450.jpg

With help from gatordev on some real world uses I found out that it's pretty much the same as the long version (though he did specify he had a 7.62, not 5.56 so I doubt that performance will be affected) so these will be included. I also moved the muzzle proxy back on the HK416 10.5-inch to make it more realistic I would guess, or just tacticool for a lack of a better term. The 5.56mm Flash Suppressor still looks good on the weapon so I'm going to leave it as is for now.

And I've been meaning to "fill" the Magpul mags so that look doesn't show (so it looks like the inside has some meat to it rather than showing a non-face side) the surrounding area through the transparency.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice work Eric, just wondering. Have you had any luck making it a launcher or pistol slot weapon?

Someone asked me to make it a Launcher and I tried it, but the issue was that I probably had to add a "Look" memory point and it'll probably allow the engine to recognize it so it'll point in the right direction. And methinks that the pistol animation is more hardcoded (since you don't specify an actual animation once you designate it as such) than say a launcher. After an appointment today I'll probably re-look at it and see what I can do. Failing that most people should just throw it and some ammo in a Carryall or whatever works for them.

And of course a 762 version:

wip451.jpg

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Oh yeah, M32 GL as a Launcher? Maybe if I wanted to drive myself nuts again... but no. The reason is you would have to make rockets out of grenades and while doable would be something that isn't possible given the current engine. Matter of fact Slatts I tried to make smoke rounds out of your MAAWS for 7-75 Regiment but everytime I would configure it with smoke then it wouldn't shoulder (the MAAWS) and generally unusable. Like I said if you want to carry the M32 in addition to your load then throw it in a backpack and carry some drums and go play.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Was talking with Hawaii_Based about the weapons I did for him and he showed me some WIP pics of what he was doing for his mod, but the M110 looks a bit better with his touch:

wip452.jpg

And the M249:

wip453.jpg

And of course a 762 version:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip451.jpg

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Oh yeah, M32 GL as a Launcher? Maybe if I wanted to drive myself nuts again... but no. The reason is you would have to make rockets out of grenades and while doable would be something that isn't possible given the current engine. Matter of fact Slatts I tried to make smoke rounds out of your MAAWS for 7-75 Regiment but everytime I would configure it with smoke then it wouldn't shoulder (the MAAWS) and generally unusable. Like I said if you want to carry the M32 in addition to your load then throw it in a backpack and carry some drums and go play.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Was talking with Hawaii_Based about the weapons I did for him and he showed me some WIP pics of what he was doing for his mod, but the M110 looks a bit better with his touch:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip452.jpg

And the M249:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/wip453.jpg

Looking good man cannot wait :)

Thanks!

Was running through my range practicing and noted that the M68 on an M4 doesn't move at all when sighting it in for engagements, but the ACOG is all over the fucking place. So I tweaked some settings on the scopes and now it doesn't roll around at all once the game settles the scope (why they make all this drifing and moving around I'll never understand when you're not fatigued at all I'll never know) it stays settled in Optic View. So the ACOGs now take a few seconds to settle and don't move that much anymore.

Okay I'm NOT going to make the M32 a Launcher OR a pistol (as a pistol seems pretty ridiculous to make it as it won't make much sense (a huge ass system like that a pistol? seriously?) as people need to learn how to use backpacks more effectively.

I allways watch the YouTube movies from Drumheller(Jester 814 on YouTube)

He's using it for a while allready, allways as a weapon in his backpack.

I'll do so too :)

Aaaand, it works like a dream!!!

Thanks EricJ!!

Edited by Ottie Snorro

Yep no problem!

Had a quick go at the M32. Yeah. Learn to use the backpacks lads, or wait till someone with more patience has a try ;)

Yeah its not like me or Slatts don't try people. But you have to realize that if we say no its not because we're lazy, it's the simple fact that it can't be done sometimes. Believe it or not there are hard limits to any game engine, and that's one of them.

Yeah its not like me or Slatts don't try people. But you have to realize that if we say no its not because we're lazy, it's the simple fact that it can't be done sometimes. Believe it or not there are hard limits to any game engine, and that's one of them.

Indeed, sometimes you have to drop a feature or a plan if you get stuck and have no answers for it.

Was doing some HK416 research and came upon the SurFire Mini so... yeah I made one for the weapons pack:

With help from gatordev on some real world uses I found out that it's pretty much the same as the long version (though he did specify he had a 7.62, not 5.56 so I doubt that performance will be affected) so these will be included. I also moved the muzzle proxy back on the HK416 10.5-inch to make it more realistic I would guess, or just tacticool for a lack of a better term. The 5.56mm Flash Suppressor still looks good on the weapon so I'm going to leave it as is for now.

My apologies on not being super clear on what I meant. Just due to RL demands, I haven't been on here that much the last few days...

So the 7.62 Mini is the same size as the 5.56 RC, but with a bigger "hole" for the round. The 5.56 Mini is shorter than standard 5.56 RC. I agree, ballistics probably won't matter much, based off of what I'm seeing on my chrono, but just wanted to clarify. Eventually I hope to be able to give you a picture of the 5.56 Mini, as we discussed, but for now, no joy.