Varanon

FHQ Debug Console for Arma 3

FHQ Debug Console

for Arma 3

Current Version: 1.0

Download:

FriedenHQ

Armaholic

FHQ Debug Console is a tool for mission makers that allows to you execute script commands locally, on all clients, or on the server, set watch expressions, and offers a few useful tools like saving/restoring inventories, finding building positions, a Quake-like debug window, and even a 3d editor!

Features:

• Script command execution on local client, all clients, or server only
  • Paper-doll like tool for modifying inventory
  • Show all groups as icons on the map, including strength, affiliation and combat mode
  • Music player
  • 3d Editor: Place objects in 3d and save them either as compositions, or export them to a mission file ready to be merged with an existing mission
  • Fog editor

Screenshots:

LPLUvFCl.png

Main Interface

B5YR0MTl.jpg

3D Editor

CZOYKjkl.jpg

Fog editor

BUvHdL5l.jpg

Loadout Editor

Edited by Varanon

Damn! I like how you snuck the 3d editor that can save to .sqm in as if it wasn't a boon in itself!

I was considering writing my own debug menu but this one seems to hit every note, good job!

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I really like the idea and would like to use it but where i have to place this script folder that is inside of your download? Sorry for the nooby question^^

I really like the idea and would like to use it but where i have to place this script folder that is inside of your download? Sorry for the nooby question^^

You don't actually need that script. You can use it for missions that use the debug output functionality: If you deploy the mission, but don't want to remove all the debug output, you can call this script in your init.sqf.

Chances are you won't need it, so just don't unpack it, or delete it after unpacking.

How does one move the camera when in the 3d view? All i can do is pan it.

It uses the Bulldozer movement keys for up/down/left/right/forward/backward. Got to the keyboard configuration and check the "Bulldozer" category on top.

The bulldozer keys under the development string is not working for me. I set mine to WSAD for the corresponding move up/down..etc. But I still cannot move the camera when looking through the place object interface. I can move the camera when looking through the camera interface. But when I use the place object screen, I can only pan, not move, the camera.

Edited by chondo999

Very nice and exactly that what i am looking for!

With your debug console i have every needed tool in one! Perfect work and thanks for this. :)

One intention: Please show the duration of the music tracks in further versions. You can read them out with the following code:

_duration = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgMusic" >> _actual_Track >> "duration");

kind regards!

The bulldozer keys under the development string is not working for me. I set mine to WSAD for the corresponding move up/down..etc. But I still cannot move the camera when looking through the place object interface. I can move the camera when looking through the camera interface. But when I use the place object screen, I can only pan, not move, the camera.

Same here. I tried to reassign some keys as well but it still doesn't work. Otherwise a very useful addition for debugging. Thx a lot!

Same here. I tried to reassign some keys as well but it still doesn't work. Otherwise a very useful addition for debugging. Thx a lot!

Same here. I guess the UI is locking the movement.

Make sure you click once into the area ABOVE the GUI, i.e. in the upper two thirds of the screen. It should work again then.

Make sure you click once into the area ABOVE the GUI, i.e. in the upper two thirds of the screen. It should work again then.

That does not work. I've tried everything. I guess it is just broken in that regard. Good mod though.

Just tested it. I think this mod will make mission making much easier! Thanks!

I just wondered if there is really no option to give your unit ammo in the loadout editor. Tried it and found nothing. :(

That does not work. I've tried everything. I guess it is just broken in that regard. Good mod though.

I'll add th epossibility to use the normal movement keys in the next versioon

Just tested it. I think this mod will make mission making much easier! Thanks!

I just wondered if there is really no option to give your unit ammo in the loadout editor. Tried it and found nothing. :(

It should automatically add 4 or so mags. You can spawn an ammo crate if you need more. I'll add adding ammo in the next version.

It should automatically add 4 or so mags. You can spawn an ammo crate if you need more. I'll add adding ammo in the next version.

Did not work for me.

Maybe I filled my inventory with other stuff before adding the weapon. :o

However, nice to see this getting implemented. The Loadout editor saves very much time.

Did not work for me.

Strange, it uses the BIS function to spawn a weapon plus ammo, so if the weapon is there, the ammo should be there too

this mod is awesome but i noticed one bug. when you save your loadout and add it too a unit it will say missing int

this mod is awesome but i noticed one bug. when you save your loadout and add it too a unit it will say missing int

Hmm, works here.. can you send me the resulting script as a PM ?

Hmm, works here.. can you send me the resulting script as a PM ?

Right, to clarify:

The script generated by "save loadout" is too complex to be used in an init field (it uses local variables, for example). Therefore, it has to be saved into a script file and subsequently, the script file can be executed from the init field (by adding

this call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scriptname.sqf"

to the init field, or by a similar call from somewhere else (init,sqf).

Has anyone had the situation when, with FHQ_Debug running, you cannot open your configure menu to get to your video, audio...settings?

Has anyone had the situation when, with FHQ_Debug running, you cannot open your configure menu to get to your video, audio...settings?

Any other mods besides CBA and debug console ? It works for me, for sure

Yes. I have a lot of mods besides those two.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Any other mods besides CBA and debug console ? It works for me, for sure

I changed the load order of my mods, making FHQ_Debug load last via Arma3 Sync launcher. This solved the problem for me.