wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

ooo look forward to seeing that in action

Hello,

I hop someone can help me with the following problem.

I'm creating a mission with alive on takistan.

It is working but opcom allways gives me the same task.

Allways it is :"Hold C4 or C5"

It is fun, but after 3 of the same tasks it is getting borring.

How do i get tasks with disable IED's or disable armor groups etc.

Kindly regards,

Skunk

Tasks in ALIVE are just place-holders, create your own tasks, or use MCC etc to create a mission once you're in the map.

SJ

Hi,

Is it possible to link an alive mod sync to an object on the map which breaks the sync - for example you have your opcom for the enemy and sync'ed to it is a logistics module to reinforce the placement mods sync'ed to the opcom. Is it possible or will it be possible to break this sync with the logistics and opcom via an object on the map? An example would be a communications tower, the objective is to destroy the tower and the result would be the sync between opcom and logistics is broken and thus no reinforcements for the enemy side. This is further enhanced with a time frame in which the link between opcom and logistics is restored - 30 mins, 60 mins etc.

Is this possible, likely or am i just dreaming????

How would you use MCC's mission maker (ie, not any of its ai spawning mechanisms) with ALiVE Serjames?

Just get your normal ALiVE mission up and running. Choose who is GM (games-master / ZEUS) for the day.

Makesure everyone who wants to play is logged in and on the map so they get the Tasks.

Get the GM to load up MCC.

They will choose a town or location on the map that gets "special attention" then create an MCC zone over that location.

Then either just add stuff manually or if you want be clever use the MCC mission generator. Choose your mission params, make sure it's looking at the right zone you created and hit go... it does it all for you. Anyone logged in whilst you created it will have the mission logged in their system, otherwise, the units and map markers will be there but the mission tasks don't work..

Have fun :)

Oh remember DON'T try and use MCC's Caching with ALiVE I've had some funny results with that... Just use the built in ALiVE function to Profile UN-profiled units.

SJ

Can alive_fnc_pauseModule / unpauseModule be activated in game by triggers?

Any tips on getting units to be more mobile and spread out? As it is all of my alive missions involve a bunch of dumb AI in a wedge formation standing in place and OCCASIONALLY walking around. I'd like to see more patrols and way less of the wedge in general (more staggered column and the like). Any suggestions? And having a more natural saturation in areas of interest would be nice as well, so it isn't just a bunch of far apart fireteams all clumped up, but maybe some diffused squads that are nearer to one another's fringes, if that makes sense.

Can someone tell me if I am on the right track here in trying to pause/un pause a module via trigger.

Enable ID's in the editor by clicking on the [iD] menu button.

Zoom in so you can see the building ID.

Create a trigger near the building and set the following on it:-

Axis A = 5

Axis B = 5

Activation Once

Not Present

Put what ever you want in the 'On Act'

["ALIVE_MIL_LOGISTICS"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule

and click [OK]

Move your trigger over the building so it's Axis A and B diameter cover the whole building. Go back into trigger and increase Axis A & B if required.

Now either select group or press F2, and drag the line from the trigger to the building's ID and let go.

When you edit the trigger you will now see it's Activation is set to Static Object and Not Present.

No need for Game Logic, syncing triggers or remembering the building's ID.

Create a second trigger identical but has countdown setting for something like 30mins (not too long?) and On Act:

["ALIVE_MIL_LOGISTICS"] call ALiVE_fnc_unpauseModule

so what I am trying to do is pause the logistics module for a period of time before it starts again. Also if I have multiple logistics modules how do I define which one I want to pause?

Finally, I'm trying to add multiple factions to a mil placement mod, is this possible because I can't seem to get it to work. I've been trying in faction section putting: "mas_usa_rang,mas_usa_delta,BLU_F" but it doesn't seem to work instead spawns OPF_F units instead. I am using multiple placement mods at moment for each faction which works fine.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Edited by -lordsoth-

Can the War Room database work on a rented dedicated server, because we have done everything stated on the site but it still does not record our server statistics :( Where do we place the @alive/config file on the server if it's rented? We are with Villayer hosting service if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by daneplant

Can we get an updated list of what units work with ALiVE (and by work, I mean the vehicles actually spawn)?

MordeaniisChaos - once OPCOM takes a location, it will occupy any bunkers it can find and send a couple of clearance patrols out around the area, depending how many groups it has available. Any remaining groups will be in standby waiting for further orders. At the moment AI in standby do what you observe - not a great deal! It might be possible to add an "idle" script so you see something a bit more dynamic while they're waiting, but this will likely be a candy coating which won't be priority until we've finished building the core functionality of ALiVE. It's certainly something we can look into anyway.

-lordsoth- - in theory, yes, but I'm not 100% sure whether the Pause func works with Logistics. It was built in response to a request to be able to pause OPCOM, and that was when there was only one instance of OPCOM. I will defer answering to Highhead!

daneplant - if ArmA2net is correctly installed with the ALiVE plugin and included in the ArmA2server.exe mod line, and your server IP is configured in War Room then it should all work no probs. Join the ALiVE channel on Skype and we will be able to talk you through but most of the time there's not much more we can do than repeat the instructions! Some people who don't have root access to their ArmA install struggle because the host provider doesn't install addons correctly and needs a kick. (Ping me on Skype (friznit) and I can add you to the skype channel if you're not there already).

Acoustic - the ALiVE wiki is up to date based on the information I have. I won't add anything until some one confirms a mod is 100% working (including vehicles!)

Is there any way currently to get ALiVE to spawn units in a TAOR where it doesn't detect any of the automatic objectives but where the mission designer has placed custom objectives? A huge swath of North West Altis is empty of things that are automatically detected by either MIL or CIV placement.

I know custom bases aren't detected/supported, but I was hoping that placing custom objectives (using editor placed Location objects sync'd to OPCOM) would count just to let units spawn.

No, cos Placement relies on pre-indexed map locations. You can place some custom Objectives with a very high prio (9999) and set OPCOM to Invasion mode then run the mission for a while - OPCOM will very quickly take those locations.

place some custom Objectives with a very high prio (9999) and set OPCOM to Invasion mode then run the mission for a while - OPCOM will very quickly take those locations.

You can also manually place groups at these locations and sync them to OPCOM (or not) so that you have troops defending these objectives at mission start

How do I ad killed event handlers to units AlivE spawns? I need the enemies to drop something when they die...

First off, Alive is absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see what you guys bring to the table next. Second, this forum, and it's participants are key to helping people get the most out of this mod. Keep up the awesome work!

How do I ad killed event handlers to units AlivE spawns? I need the enemies to drop something when they die...

Use CBA's extended init handler and in that init handler, add your killed handler to the unit(s).

I used that same mechanism to add an event handler to all helicopters that let you tell AI that isn't part of your group to get out.

In your description.ext, add a definition like:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
 class CAManBase {
    init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'add_killed_eventhandler.sqf')";
 };
};

You'd want to set the class to be whichever base type of unit that you want to add your event handler to of course.

Then in your SQF file (add_killed_eventhandler.sqf), you would do something like:

_object = _this select 0;
//code to add your event handler here

I'm no expert on this, but hopefully that's enough to get you the rest of the way ;)

Edit: One thing you may have to deal with is that units may come and go as players move in/out of spawn range. I don't know if that will trigger your Killed event handler or not, but you might have to account for that.

---------- Post added at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

So that's extremely frustrating, the board keeps just appending a reply to SavageCDN - which is unrelated.

You can also manually place groups at these locations and sync them to OPCOM (or not) so that you have troops defending these objectives at mission start

I love ALiVE to pieces, particularly for removing a lot of the grunt work out of providing an unpredictable, challenging backdrop to the players (particularly since I'm generally one of the players, heh) - so I was hoping to avoid having to place some manual-but-random unit compositions ;)

Use CBA's extended init handler and in that init handler, add your killed handler to the unit(s).

I used that same mechanism to add an event handler to all helicopters that let you tell AI that isn't part of your group to get out.

In your description.ext, add a definition like:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
 class CAManBase {
    init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'add_killed_eventhandler.sqf')";
 };
};

You'd want to set the class to be whichever base type of unit that you want to add your event handler to of course.

)

I had Man instead of CAManBase and it didn't work! Changed it and it works now!. IT works for all units!

The AlivE wiki needs to fix that so people don't get the wrong info: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Adding_Custom_Inits_to_Spawned_Units

Can you explain to me why CAManBase is a general class?

also, I can do an if statement in 'add_killed_eventhandler.sqf' and only apply it to east units but that is not optimized. Which class should I use instead of CAManBase? caf_ag_me_t doesn't work so I want to find out the right class but the config viwer only has detailed classes like caf_ag_me_t_ak47 (for the agressors mod). Basically, how do I find out class hierarchy.

Edited by Fdrph

I had Man instead of CAManBase and it didn't work! Changed it and it works now!. IT works for all units!

The AlivE wiki needs to fix that so people don't get the wrong info: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Snippets#Adding_Custom_Inits_to_Spawned_Units

Can you explain to me why CAManBase is a general class?

also, I can do an if statement in 'add_killed_eventhandler.sqf' and only apply it to east units but that is not optimized. Which class should I use instead of CAManBase? caf_ag_me_t doesn't work so I want to find out the right class but the config viwer only has detailed classes like caf_ag_me_t_ak47 (for the agressors mod). Basically, how do I find out class hierarchy.

I don't know nearly enough about the class inheritance system to say why CAManBase works but Man does not.

To find the inheritance path though, in the config viewer, look at the Parents field - that should show you the classes you could use in your init event handler. For example, vanilla OPFOR units have a Parents field that includes SoldierEB, so I'm using SoldierEB to spawn some OPFOR units without NVGs.

So that's extremely frustrating, the board keeps just appending a reply to SavageCDN - which is unrelated.

Hehe... I AM THREAD MASTOR!!

I love ALiVE to pieces, particularly for removing a lot of the grunt work out of providing an unpredictable, challenging backdrop to the players (particularly since I'm generally one of the players, heh) - so I was hoping to avoid having to place some manual-but-random unit compositions ;)

Yeah I know what you mean but using a game logic is currently the only way around areas that are not detected as 'objectives'. You could also use another AI spawn script to handle that particular objective (ie: UPSMON, DAC, etc)

Hey guys, this is an awesome mod. I just have a question about the transport module.

When I call in the helicopter transport and select the "pickup" option from the alive tablet, he flies in and just circles around the area, and I either never get prompted to throw a smoke, or I do but it seems that he doesn't see it or something, just keeps saying "still waiting on that smoke". Has anyone else had this issue and known how to fix it?

I am using Massi's GRU/OMON mod and have the helicopter set to the Russian ORCA from that mod.

EDIT: I forgot to say I am also playing on Chernarus. I don't know if that might make a difference.

Edited by CheekiBreeki297

Do you have the same issue if you're not using a mod?