Sign in to follow this  
camper

Ofp2 news

i want join in progress and as kamko said al those ppl that find it too hard will not play it eg tkin kids etc.

the flight dynamics in bf1942 are much better than operation flashpoint, i hope that ofp or indepedence lost incorporates some kind of air system, there is no lift in ofp, when you fly its a disaster, especially for a real time pilot such as my self, i am currently training for my private pilots license and the flight simulator does an excilent job of representing the flight dynamics of the aircraft, operation flashpoint however does not, theres no lift, no wind, the A-10 is a cow, and the wings are ears, they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

definitely. but OFP was intended to be an infantry sim, and planes and helos were complemetary stuffs.

but i bet that next time, OFP will have better flight physics too smile.gif

I would continue to play OFP even if new add ons died out, btu i would not play it as much as before. For example, before I got Resistance I only played it about once evry two days. I got Resistance and it had a new expericance that stil has me hooked.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Sep. 07 2002,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

OFP is first and foremost a LAND combat game (and does the infantry part best).

If BIS hadn´t been ambitious enough to add planes and choppers people would be in this very same forum whining about the absence of aircraft and everyone would be drooling at pics of an AH-1 being developed by some mod team.

Aircraft are "bonus" vehicles (ESPECIALLY the A-10)

BIS rules!

Things to be fixed in a future OFP2:

-physics

-minor, easily fixable realism bugs (multiple LAWs, unrealistic weapons, weapon names and sounds etc.)

-mortars added!

-editing tools for everyone.

-upgraded graphics, naturally (reload anims and stuff)

-forget naval stuff! concentrate on the land (and maybe air) aspects. (just keep the boats and rivers!wink.gif

-smoother AI!

and numerous other things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Sep. 07 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the flight dynamics in bf1942 are much better than operation flashpoint, i hope that ofp or indepedence lost incorporates some kind of air system, there is no lift in ofp, when you fly its a disaster, especially for a real time pilot such as my self, i am currently training for my private pilots license and the flight simulator does an excilent job of representing the flight dynamics of the aircraft, operation flashpoint however does not, theres no lift, no wind, the A-10 is a cow, and the wings are ears, they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

i think bf1942s flight suxs, one u cant stall, u can turn as hard as u can yet you never loose speed, climbing well its very very slow in bf1942, take off well these planes seem to take off at 50kmh, ofps planes arnt perfect but there alot better, u can stall, there not the no brainer planes of bf1942. The best flyin game out there with the best fms is il2 sturmovik.

Im a bit late but here my 2 cents.

OFP is a great game compared to most out there and it will be around for a long time.

there is probably at least a few hundered people playing it around the world at any one time.

plus the Dev Tools havent been released to the general public yet...

a OFP 2 Would be great...

But defianately OFP 1 or OFP 2 need's these things added:

Mortars.

Artillery.

Machine Guns need to be able to flip the tripod out.

small stuff like that. smoke launchers on tanks work, etc...

Some Ships would be cool too

Aircraft carriers...Destroyers

Some more planes for east and west would be cool too

Thats my hopes.

dosent matter either way it is still a great game in my eyes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Azz [GUN] @ Sep. 08 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But defianately OFP 1 or OFP 2 need's these things added:

Mortars.

Artillery.

Machine Guns need to be able to flip the tripod out.

small stuff like that. smoke launchers on tanks work, etc...

Some Ships would be cool too

Aircraft carriers...Destroyers<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with you, some mortars would be really nice, and an artillery support would be really cool. Also machineguns on tripods would be sweet, and vechicles that have more than 1 or 2 weapons. I would like to see some more and big land battles with a lot of troops...just like in CO2 Battlefields. Destroyers sound good too, but an aircraft carrier could be a small overkill - go and see Battlefield 1942...and you will know what i'm talking about. confused.gif

OFP 2 should bring improvements to graphics naturally, but most of all it should bring us more realism. Realistic tanks, armor values, handling. Same goes for aircraft and vehicles.

More gunner positions in vehicles would also be great.

Urban combat and larger cities, buildings would put the cream on the cake.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 10 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I formally offer my services as a beta tester for OFP2 when the time comes  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ditto smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 10 2002,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 10 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I formally offer my services as a beta tester for OFP2 when the time comes  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ditto smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They should use the same beta testers that BIS used when they released OFP v1.0

Wait a minute, weren't we the beta testers? lol

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 10 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should use the same beta testers that BIS used when they released OFP v1.0

Wait a minute, weren't we the beta testers? lol

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

lol. its true that Europe got to be Americas beta testers for OFP, but it all turned out in the end. That would be pretty funny if Suma & company actually took me up on this offer. I would annoy them to no end about realism (you call that a G3?! I have fired BB guns that do more damage than that thing!!! )  biggrin.gif

Lol! biggrin.gif

Yeah!, like in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN! Where there is a machine gun post at a dissused radar facility and one of the guys get killed. sad.gif They used dead cows as cover... wink.gif

Waterman.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Waterman @ Sep. 14 2002,22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They used dead cows as cover... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 14 2002,09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We need c0ws in OFP2!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

we have you. biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 18 2002,23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Waterman @ Sep. 14 2002,22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They used dead cows as cover... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like udder ingenuity, to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Sep. 07 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the flight dynamics in bf1942 are much better than operation flashpoint, i hope that ofp or indepedence lost incorporates some kind of air system, there is no lift in ofp, when you fly its a disaster, especially for a real time pilot such as my self, i am currently training for my private pilots license and the flight simulator does an excilent job of representing the flight dynamics of the aircraft, operation flashpoint however does not, theres no lift, no wind, the A-10 is a cow, and the wings are ears, they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

Who cares about those two aircrafts in OFP. Flight physics could be fixed, but i think there are more important stuffs than this. I they want to inplant more aircrafts, that's ok then.

Choppers are simulated pretty well in OFP. Controls are not so realistic, but you have so much fun flying that thing. They're just simulated so well. I also like tanks in OFP. Controls could be more realistic, but movement is simulated very good.

Oh, and one more thing. Vehicles in bf1942 are so unrealistic tht makes you wonder. Driving a tank is like driving a toy. Some people whine about tanks being unrealistic in OFP. Well, try BF1942 and you'll see what's unrealistic. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Sep. 19 2002,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Sep. 07 2002,05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the flight dynamics in bf1942 are much better than operation flashpoint, i hope that ofp or indepedence lost incorporates some kind of air system, there is no lift in ofp, when you fly its a disaster, especially for a real time pilot such as my self, i am currently training for my private pilots license and the flight simulator does an excilent job of representing the flight dynamics of the aircraft, operation flashpoint however does not, theres no lift, no wind, the A-10 is a cow, and the wings are ears, they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

damn, cant believe I missed this one-

How the hell can you say the flight dynamics in BF1942 are better than in OFP?? Granted, OFP isnt exactly Il-2, but c'mon, BF1942's airplanes handle like flying gocarts. Where else can you pull a break turn inside of 50 yards, under the airplanes stall speed, without any kind of repercussions? I will tell you where: NOWHERE. This is one of the many things wrong with BF1942. OFP's fixed wing aircraft arent the best, but let's face it: fixed wing aircraft just dont play a very big part in OFP's gameplay. In BF1942, they are a huge part of gameplay. And, like so many other things in BF1942, it was screwed up badly.

looks like Bf is gonna be for the kids out there.

Guess it will be a sequel to CS in realism and pain in the ... frag gameplay. Bah I don´t really want that kind of stuff. OFP may not be perfect in many ways, but it still rules in many uncountable ways in my opinion. I only hope OFP 2 doesnt take another 6 years of developement wink.gif

I think ground combat is the best part of OFP. Helicopters are ok and a good addition to this but the airplanes are implemented really badly. I wouldn't mind if they were left out entirely, or perhaps as AI controlled only for things like bombing runs and parachute drops only. I dunno, I just have absolutely no desire whatsoever to fly an airplane in the OFP engine as it currently is. :^)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Sep. 06 2002,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the flight dynamics in bf1942 are much better than operation flashpoint, i hope that ofp or indepedence lost incorporates some kind of air system, there is no lift in ofp, when you fly its a disaster, especially for a real time pilot such as my self, i am currently training for my private pilots license and the flight simulator does an excilent job of representing the flight dynamics of the aircraft, operation flashpoint however does not, theres no lift, no wind, the A-10 is a cow, and the wings are ears, they really need to improve on the air section of ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

From what I hear from people playing BF 1942 its hard to take off in those planes. My friends say they die just trying to get a foot off the ground cause its so hard to take off.

Now as for the no lift in ofp. I beg to differ. take a cessna and put the flaps down all the way. Then turn on the engine and just go down the run way and dont pull back. You will see that the cessna will get lift and take off on its own.

Its not always a diaster when you fly, unless your a bad pilot.. tounge.gif Remeber though, this is a infantry sim. Not A USAF fighter combat game.

I think that airplanes should be improved for OFP2.  One of the best things about OFP is the fact that you can do so many things.  W/O the drivable vehicles and planes OFP would not be much more than Ghost Recon or any other FPS.