Sign in to follow this  
camper

Ofp2 news

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a few Codemasters statements at the Games Convention in Germany hinted at a sequel to Operation Flashpoint, however, they also stated that they're going to do a major overhaul of the game engine before that - so, it's not going to happen too soon.

<span id='postcolor'>

Independence Lost or OFP 2?..

The IL Screens don't show a "new" engine wink.gif

The IL pics were made quite some time ago. Between then and the time that IL comes out, who knows!

Moving to News Discussion smile.gif

aah, a revamping of the engine, read it as copy/paste from VBS1 to OFP2. still i can't wait to get my sweaty little hands on it, time for zen like patience.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ Aug. 30 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aah, a revamping of the engine, read it as copy/paste from VBS1 to OFP2. still i can't wait to get my sweaty little hands on it, time for zen like patience.<span id='postcolor'>

Imagin everything we would have wanted:

-More than one gunner

-Movable proxies

-Jeeps could shoot missiles

-Tanks could have proxies that would move

and a lot more

It would ROCK

All they should fix in the engine are all of OFP's stupid limitations! Eg, one gun firing at a time, only one movable gun, the craptastic reload anims, CLIPPING, etc. If they fix this, the sequel WILL be the best game ever (OFP wasnt because of these things) biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Aug. 30 2002,18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All they should fix in the engine are all of OFP's stupid limitations! Eg, one gun firing at a time, only one movable gun, the craptastic reload anims, CLIPPING, etc. If they fix this, the sequel WILL be the best game ever (OFP wasnt because of these things)  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well we should be able to make our own animations and this would be very very very nice biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (camper @ Aug. 30 2002,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a few Codemasters statements at the Games Convention in Germany hinted at a sequel to Operation Flashpoint, however, they also stated that they're going to do a major overhaul of the game engine before that - so, it's not going to happen too soon.

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Until OFP2 comes out, which will probably take a while, what do you all think will happen to OFP "1"? How long will we play it, how long will this forum be hosted, how long will it take until we disappear - if we ever do?

I've had OFP for more than a year now, and I've played it ever since I downloaded that demo with the Ambush mission (:)). It's kind of weird that I've sticked to a game that long, I don't even play alot of games. It just proofs that I love it and I think most of us here on the forum do, don't we? Will you ever get tired of this game, until OFP2 arrives? What do you think?

how can we get tired of a game when O2 is comming soon and there are going to be soooo many new maps and addons comming soon!

I only hope that ofp2 can be edited by all the current tools including O2 because another wait like that might kill me :'(

Well I can say without a doubt that OFP is the best game I have ever played and I will not hesitate to get OFP2/IL

I don't think any other game has captivated me for this long.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Sep. 03 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I can say without a doubt that OFP is the best game I have ever played and I will not hesitate to get OFP2/IL<span id='postcolor'>

I agree to 110 %

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Sep. 03 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think any other game has captivated me for this long.<span id='postcolor'>

I know that no other game has captivated me for this long. smile.gif

And I think I will keep playing OFP a long time further.

I will never ever forget OFP1.

i'd habe to agree that OFP has been the longest game i played with such consistency. today marks one yr anniversary of OFP purchase and i celebrated it by playing it smile.gif just like any other day.

OFP's large operation area and strong game editor makes me play again and again. I'm glad to see OFP still great after 1 1/2 yr later.

ofcourse OFP will loose interest from general population as time goes on, but it is here to stay.

i hope OFP2 does better job of collision detection. not to mention that 2 gunner thingy. but as always, my hats off to BIS for their work smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 03 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">today marks one yr anniversary of OFP purchase and i celebrated it by playing it smile.gif  just like any other day.<span id='postcolor'>

Congratulations wink.gif

I don't remember exact date, but I ordered OFP in the middle of August last year. Maybe I have the receipt somewhere around.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 03 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but as always, my hats off to BIS for their work smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Mine too, of course smile.gif

I think one of the best things about OFP is the huge variations made possible by BIS. As someone mentioned already, the editor has lengthened ofp's life. If you get tired of the original game, no problem, play desert, tired of that, play ww2, tired of that, jungle, tired of that, make your own. What other game is like this I wonder?

I loved playing through operation flashpoint cold war and resistance campaigns. All missions were realistic (as the game itself), and i cant wait untill ofp 2 comes out. I bet its going to win a game of the year awards everywhere.   tounge.gif

Ps. What i just cant get is why so many copies were sold in Europe, while here in USA the game didnt sell at all? I hear only few people talkign about it here in USA, and i mean it very little. How so many people could miss such a game???!!! mad.gif

Unfortunatly operation flashpoint isnt very popular here in the US, it is my absolute favorite game, i love it, but there a large number of gamers who dont like the realism of ofp, the reason i bought it is because of the freedom ofp provides, do anything you want, the first game that i know of that allows you to have complete freedom, drive, fly, shoot anything you want. The sterotypical US gamer likes first person shooters, counterstrike, quake, unreal, half life, and so on, the more fast paced the game, the more they like it, i love ofp for the realism it has as well. Once ofp2 comes out with an improved, smoother graphics engine it will sell more copies over here than before, a good example of this is battlefield 1942, the graphics are amazing, the faces are fully 3d and the flight dynamics are much better, that game is doing very good right now in the US, if ofp was to incorporate a much smoother graphics engine then more americans would flock towards it.

BF1942 sucks!!! The flight models are awful, if you havent noticed. I had to get an SBD Dauntless to about 5 mph before it stalled, and even that was recoverable inside of 100 feet.

Well the speed at which mods are churning out for OFP, I should be able to keep interested for a very long time. This is the best game ever!! it is just a pity most people (except OFP fans) don't have a very long attention span otherwise it would of been a bigger hit than it was... you can blame television for that wink.gif or was it computer games... wink.gif Anyway keep up the good work BIS and I will be keeping an eye out for OFP2....until then.. back to OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 05 2002,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as people continue to make mods and add ons, I will continue to be an avid OFP fan.<span id='postcolor'>

Well spoken

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 05 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as people continue to make mods and add ons, I will continue to be an avid OFP fan.<span id='postcolor'>

But if and when modmakers stop or slowdown their work on addons, are you going to just quit because there's nothing new to play with, or are you a big enough fan to keep playing with what you got already?

-=Die Alive=-

It seems to be related with the miss of IL web page, maybe BIS is improving the engine and the final product will be very different to the pictures that were in IL web.

PD: And Suma is missing too biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 05 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 05 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As long as people continue to make mods and add ons, I will continue to be an avid OFP fan.<span id='postcolor'>

But if and when modmakers stop or slowdown their work on addons, are you going to just quit because there's nothing new to play with, or are you a big enough fan to keep playing with what you got already?

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

I would keep playing anyway. But it's always fun with new stuff once in a while. Gives life to new mission ideas also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Airwolf @ Sep. 05 2002,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunatly operation flashpoint isnt very popular here in the US, it is my absolute favorite game, i love it, but there a large number of gamers who dont like the realism of ofp...<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the point, most of all my friends say that the game is too difficult, and they don't like it. Oh well they can go back to their brainless Quake if they want to...But i don't think that grahphics had a lot to do with the number of copies sold, I THINK THAT GRAPHICS IN OFP ARE REALLY GOOD! biggrin.gif Moreover i can't wait for ofp2 or another add on. tounge.gif