sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

Also might I suggest you change "STR_X39_MedSys_var__msg_hurtReceived_msg2" from

<English>Target is extremly hurt</English>

to

<English>Target is notably hurt</English>

To say the target is extremely hurt seems an exaggeration in most cases.

Already answered about 200 times :F

TFR has no ability to do so

ACRE is not officially out for arma 3 so no support for it till its here for A3

Thanks sorry I did not see :O

"notably hurt" ? what That sounds very strange.

"Visibly hurt" maybe or "Clearly Injured" "Notably" is a very odd phrase in my opinion.

SJ

p.s. I agree with the guy complaining about too many mods... You must be joking it's bad enough getting public players to install one new mod not 4 for just one function. Please reconsider...

Have reported a few more little bugs I have noticed on my travels (nothing major). I am still adamant that the duplicating effect thing is happening sometimes to me/others however with little to no evidence/information or missions to give you I will with hold that one until I can give you something a bit more useful! :) Cheers as always!

Ed

I've dug myself into a hole with addLimitations and I can't get out. Is anyone else getting it to work?

I have a script that called the following, and used to work:

// Restrict MEDKITS to Medics only

["MEDKIT", "B_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
["MEDKIT", "O_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
call X39_MedSys_fnc_pushLimitations;

But now, since either 0.3 or 0.3.1, all units are able to use MEDKITs anyway. I've tried adding a third argument to the function call (["MEDKIT", "B_medic_F", 0]) but no joy. Even if I remove the script and just have the three XMed modules (Base, Enable Limitations, and the set Limitations one - with a medic synchronized to it) I can still use Medkits as a different unit.

X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse returns blank for any of the valid Limitation strings for any unit type or unit name (returns -1 for a nonsense limitation string).

Does anyone see the stupid mistake I've made?

Hi,

I tried to figure out how to use serverconfig, followed the link in the file but i finally have not a single clue on how to use it.

Could anyone help with this, juste a simple explanation or where to find any info (besides http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig)

Great Mod, a bit harsh to configure but i think it's worth.

I tried to figure out how to use serverconfig, followed the link in the file but i finally have not a single clue on how to use it.

Could anyone help with this, juste a simple explanation or where to find any info (besides http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig)

Here's mine:

/*

* See

* http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig

* to find out how to setup this!

*/

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 4; //SOME COMMENT

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 6;

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 8;

X39_MedSys_var_Healing_MedKitValue=5;

X39_MedSys_var_BandageBleedingHeal = 7;

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 3;

X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime = 480; //you know whats this ... just another comment

X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 10;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 20;

Basically you can use it to set any of the variables you see on X39's wiki (look under External Variables) to do whatever you like. Setting things like timeouts, damage values, and icon displays is pretty trivial in there. Hope it helps.

Ok, simple as that !

Thanks for the info, it's much simple to configure now !

Applying morphine (if the target doesn't need any) throws the following script error:

Error in expression <39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHpHealValue, _allowedID] call X39_MedSys_fnc_healUnit>
 Error position: <_allowedID] call X39_MedSys_fnc_healUnit>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _allowedid
File X39_MedSys_Scripting\MedicSystem\Functions\MedicalActions\morphineUnit.sqf, line 25

@ spudly, from the sounds of it, it makes me think you guys are not using a repo of any sort to have the rest of your community get the mods.. to which i say dam. We used to use playwithsix, but found that even then was hard to stick to a "every 2 weeks we update mods" schedule. so we switched to arma3sync, and had no problems what so ever.

in your case it may take a little effort to go from no repo to using one, but in the long run it will be easier for your community, AND it will allow you to regulate what versions of addons you guys use.

if you would like more info or even help setting up either methods of repo, i would be happy to help/give info.

No, at the moment we aren't, but we are looking into it. Bandwidth is an issue, as you might suspect.

Appreciate the offer of help, thanks.

XMedSys is now also available as the first mod for ArmA3 there ^^

http://www.nexusmods.com/arma3/mods/1/?

For those questions above

Currently im not at home and i hate it do do such posts on my smartphone ...

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

I've dug myself into a hole with addLimitations and I can't get out. Is anyone else getting it to work?

I have a script that called the following, and used to work:

// Restrict MEDKITS to Medics only

["MEDKIT", "B_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
["MEDKIT", "O_medic_F"] call X39_MedSys_fnc_addLimitation;
call X39_MedSys_fnc_pushLimitations;

But now, since either 0.3 or 0.3.1, all units are able to use MEDKITs anyway. I've tried adding a third argument to the function call (["MEDKIT", "B_medic_F", 0]) but no joy. Even if I remove the script and just have the three XMed modules (Base, Enable Limitations, and the set Limitations one - with a medic synchronized to it) I can still use Medkits as a different unit.

X39_MedSys_fnc_isAllowedToUse returns blank for any of the valid Limitation strings for any unit type or unit name (returns -1 for a nonsense limitation string).

Does anyone see the stupid mistake I've made?

im on it

please raise a bug anyway

Here's mine:

/*

* See

* http://x39software.unitedtacticalforces.de/wiki/index.php?title=XMedSys_serverConfig

* to find out how to setup this!

*/

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut = 4; //SOME COMMENT

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut = 6;

X39_MedSys_var_Generic_DamageBeforeDead = 8;

X39_MedSys_var_Healing_MedKitValue=5;

X39_MedSys_var_BandageBleedingHeal = 7;

X39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHealValue = 3;

X39_MedSys_var_LifeTime = 480; //you know whats this ... just another comment

X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death = 10;

X39_MedSys_var_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout = 20;

Basically you can use it to set any of the variables you see on X39's wiki (look under External Variables) to do whatever you like. Setting things like timeouts, damage values, and icon displays is pretty trivial in there. Hope it helps.

you know thecomments are not required?

^^

Applying morphine (if the target doesn't need any) throws the following script error:

Error in expression <39_MedSys_var_Pain_MorphineHpHealValue, _allowedID] call X39_MedSys_fnc_healUnit>
 Error position: <_allowedID] call X39_MedSys_fnc_healUnit>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _allowedid
File X39_MedSys_Scripting\MedicSystem\Functions\MedicalActions\morphineUnit.sqf, line 25

please raise a ticket at http://feedback.vbundeswehr.de/my_view_page.php

I'm having a hard time reimplementing the real death again. Manually using the function to check an units damage, manually checking the condition and manually trying to use the kill function, works fine.

But when I do a knockout check, even though it should kill the unit. It doesn't. Do knockout checks not run on downed units? It seems the only possible reason for it to not work. If I cause enough damage before they go down, they'll die, but not if they're already knocked out.

please raise a bug anyway

Done, thanks.

you know thecomments are not required?

^^

Of course :D but we have a few people who administer the server, so it's a handy one to leave in the file for them if they need to edit it.

I'm having a hard time reimplementing the real death again. Manually using the function to check an units damage, manually checking the condition and manually trying to use the kill function, works fine.

But when I do a knockout check, even though it should kill the unit. It doesn't. Do knockout checks not run on downed units? It seems the only possible reason for it to not work. If I cause enough damage before they go down, they'll die, but not if they're already knocked out.

yep

the knockOut check is not executed when a unit is downed (because the current implementation is not capable of switching from temp knockout to perma and from perma to death ^^)

It seemed to work in the earlier version though. Did something change in this regard? And if not, where should I be looking to input the code then?

It seemed to work in the earlier version though. Did something change in this regard? And if not, where should I be looking to input the code then?

nope did not changed anything there

the code is too messy to say exactly where to change what

(thats why i want to finish all required stuff soon so that i can restart the entire coding part in 4 weeks)

Are there any pointers you can tell me at all? I know I had it working once and our group would really like it if it could work again.

STR_X39_MedSys_var__msg_TargetIsNotKnockedOut is displayed as <English>No reaction!</English>.

Ain't it the opposite meaning?

It's when a unit is given epinephrine, is the unit is not knocked out, they won't be revived because they're already awake thus, no reaction.

Got it, thank you Tinter.

gargh -.-*

just again reached a point where i just want to stop developing because of SQF

(warning! this will be a rage post and youre able to fully ignore it ^^)

just another warning as this contains harsh language so please move to the link if you rly want to read http://unitedtacticalforces.de/rage/sqf1.txt

so why im ragin?

because SQF has no stupid return command!

Does that mean you're still splitting your mod into 4 ?

:rolleyes:

p.s. I feel your pain - put it this way you're an SQF god compared to me :)

Am I the only one around here that can´t bring the new Modules to work or are they not functional at the moment?

Am I the only one around here that can´t bring the new Modules to work or are they not functional at the moment?

Not working because of lazyness from sqf and me missunderstanding exitWith (thats why the rage about no return command where i now need to find a solution for) ...