nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

thx for this mod...but how i´ll do the encrypting of the radios for coop. i know i have to add this code:

tf_west_radio_code = "_bluefor"; tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor"; tf_guer_radio_code = "_independent"; - but where and what values i´ve to change???

thx for the help...!

For example if you want INDEPENDEN (AAF) to communicate with BLUEFOR (Nato), set this (at client side):

tf_west_radio_code = "_alliance";

tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";

tf_guer_radio_code = "_alliance";

thx for the help...thx for the mod...good work

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

if i put this in the init.sqf...the is a fault. and the init will not be initialized....

prob solved....thx very much

Edited by Paramedic256

I will do some work on effects in near future (will try to move to real radio code).

Hm... You should not hear any effect during "transmitting on LR" - because it is you talking :)

Regarding backpack - not sure about it, possible not.

Sorry. I might have confused you with "because I see the "transmitting on LR" notification but didn't really feel the radio on effect though."

What I meant from "because I see the "transmitting on LR" notification" is that I am sure I've installed it correctly and the mod works perfectly.

and "but didn't really feel the radio on effect though." means I also heard the radio click sound (the same click when we use personnel radio) but didn't really experience any radio sound effect when receiving LR radio from another players.

Thank you for creating such a good (potential) mod and replying so patiently and nicely.

I am really excited about this mod. :D

Thank you for creating such a good (potential) mod and replying so patiently and nicely.

100% sign

Sorry. I might have confused you with "because I see the "transmitting on LR" notification but didn't really feel the radio on effect though."

What I meant from "because I see the "transmitting on LR" notification" is that I am sure I've installed it correctly and the mod works perfectly.

and "but didn't really feel the radio on effect though." means I also heard the radio click sound (the same click when we use personnel radio) but didn't really experience any radio sound effect when receiving LR radio from another players.

Probably it is because you close to this players. In such case you hear radio together with direct speech at the same moment (so, not easy to hear LLR effect). Try to go for some distance - you should receive low-freq sound...

Probably it is because you close to this players. In such case you hear radio together with direct speech at the same moment (so, not easy to hear LLR effect). Try to go for some distance - you should receive low-freq sound...

alright then. maybe i am really too close to another player. i'll try again with some real distance this time.

I didn't open the code, didn't test it and may i'll be wrong, but since i got some PM i think it's better write here.

The main problem with my revive could be related to a captive status. If you play pvp and set it correctly you shouldn't have any problem, for coop games i don't know if you can disable the mod check somehow but the captive status is required by the revive system or the AI won't stop firing at unconscious players

We tried it yesterday, it was very good! We just need to set the hardcore mode freq's in our framework but I'm sure we'll be running this as a standard in no time as it seems to do a lot of things by default (meaning I don't have to rewrite 3 radio-script files :P).

Congrats on the release of an awesome radio-mod!

I didn't open the code, didn't test it and may i'll be wrong, but since i got some PM i think it's better write here.

The main problem with my revive could be related to a captive status. If you play pvp and set it correctly you shouldn't have any problem, for coop games i don't know if you can disable the mod check somehow but the captive status is required by the revive system or the AI won't stop firing at unconscious players

Thanks you, will try to figure it out.

Is it possible to to preprogram the freq's in missionfile or similar so all radios have the same freq's programmed at start?

When we tried the addon yesterday every player started with different freq's on their radios and had to change manually. Might be a problem for our less experienced players.

Is it possible to to preprogram the freq's in missionfile or similar so all radios have the same freq's programmed at start?

When we tried the addon yesterday every player started with different freq's on their radios and had to change manually. Might be a problem for our less experienced players.

Unfortunately, currently there is no way to do it :( In next version same frequencies for squad will be set (maybe for team, but only in case of additional option). Also, I'll add API to set frequencies.

Currently we are writing frequencies on the map during briefing.

As simple workaround, there is a script, which will write random frequencies on the map for each squad - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnm71fsjf2vdkrt/zlt_gen_freqs.sqf at the briefing.

Found a way to preset radio frequency.

Before player respawn on client-side call:

_preset = call generateSwSetting;
_preset set [(_settings select ACTIVE_CHANNEL_OFFSET) + FREQ_OFFSET, "123.4"];
use_saved_sw_setting = _preset;

We were just testing this and we think this mod is very good in it's current state, the only thing that needs to be sorted out is being able to talk over someone else on the same radio channel. Other than that it is very impressive and we are probably going to start to use this over ACRE.

We were just testing this and we think this mod is very good in it's current state, the only thing that needs to be sorted out is being able to talk over someone else on the same radio channel. Other than that it is very impressive and we are probably going to start to use this over ACRE.

Could you please explain "to talk over someone else on the same radio channel"? Are you about transceivers?

Found a way to preset radio frequency.

Before player respawn on client-side call:

_preset = call generateSwSetting;
_preset set [(_settings select ACTIVE_CHANNEL_OFFSET) + FREQ_OFFSET, "123.4"];
use_saved_sw_setting = _preset;

please tell me how to call this... we tried it at init, at a script, but it wont be working... undefined variable "generateSwSetting".

thx fpor your help...

please tell me how to call this... we tried it at init, at a script, but it wont be working... undefined variable "generateSwSetting".

thx fpor your help...

Hm... It is because function is defined after init sqf started.

Options:

1) You can now copy it from here - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/arma3/%40task_force_radio/addons/task_force_radio/client.sqf#L282 (but rename functions). But you should undestand - in next version of addon your script can break something.

2) create script:

a) create thread using spawn after player reaspawn

b) wait until player haveSWRadio (with sleep about a 0.5 seconds)

c) [call activeSwRadio, "123.4" ] call setSwFrequency;

Is it possible to change the maximum range of the radios in the parameters or through scripting? I want to at least be able to change the ranges for my group's server. For example I would change the ranges to:

PRC 343 - 150m

AN/PRC 152 - 500m

AN/PRC 119 - 5km

On-board radio - 20km.

Hey bro. I am having a problem. I am hearing no chirping sound, like the one of acre, when I press CAPS lock. My buddy and I tested it together. all we hear is direct chat. Nothing else. I installed the mod like I was supposed to. The radio-sound is in my ts plugin directory, same with the DLL. CBA is installed....etc. No go. Any ideas?

Hey bro. I am having a problem. I am hearing no chirping sound, like the one of acre, when I press CAPS lock. My buddy and I tested it together. all we hear is direct chat. Nothing else. I installed the mod like I was supposed to. The radio-sound is in my ts plugin directory, same with the DLL. CBA is installed....etc. No go. Any ideas?

how loud is your TS soundpack?

i couldn't hear anything either, because i had it to -40db (and therefor off)

Is it possible to change the maximum range of the radios in the parameters or through scripting? I want to at least be able to change the ranges for my group's server. For example I would change the ranges to:

PRC 343 - 150m

AN/PRC 152 - 500m

AN/PRC 119 - 5km

On-board radio - 20km.

Currently it may be done only by changing in the TS plugin source code.

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Do you see radio dialogs? Do you use the same frequencies with friend? Same type of radios? Could you click on you in TS during the game and copy information from right-side panel?

Thanks.

This isn't a bad mod its quite good, my only critique is that there is no radio interference over the net when you're transmitting it sounds like your just on the phone to you're mate.

This isn't a bad mod its quite good, my only critique is that there is no radio interference over the net when you're transmitting it sounds like your just on the phone to you're mate.

Are you about long range radio? Personal radios have hearable audio effect...

Great add-on, thank you.

Should TX/RX be implemented?

I find it satisfying to have the transmit noise, it makes me more reassured that the message has been received.

Are you about long range radio? Personal radios have hearable audio effect...

Yarp.

Also is there a crate for the radios, my team tends to use Virtual Ammo Crate script and we can't seem to find the short wave radios in the box.

other then that well done mate its a great mod.

Yarp.

Also is there a crate for the radios, my team tends to use Virtual Ammo Crate script and we can't seem to find the short wave radios in the box.

other then that well done mate its a great mod.

Just put standard IteamRadio in inventory - it will replaced by your faction radio after few seconds.

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Great add-on, thank you.

Should TX/RX be implemented?

I find it satisfying to have the transmit noise, it makes me more reassured that the message has been received.

Could you please describe what kind of noise you want? Currently you'll hear clicks on tangent.