nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Its been a while since I set it up for us after the last update, but I vaguely remember removing the "tf_same_lr_freqencies_for_side=true;" line after some testing and it worked.

I have no idea why it wouldn't work otherwise... server running the right version of TFAR?

No it was "watch your placing line" i just place that line on the top of the init.sqf and it works now :)

I slightly worried about JIP and Respawn related issue cause some of guy mention in page 125, not sure that mean if player join later and freq goes fucked up or respawn make that shttiy things

Great mod. Really helps keep comms clean. Having some problems lately though, in that we cannot hear people who don't have TFAR. If I disable the plug-in I can hear the people fine. It seems like the TFAR settings are being applied to everyone and not just those with it. Is this a known problem and is their a solution?

Are you using "serious mode" with TaskForceRadio channel?

Awesome mod!

However, I can't get the hotkey for selecting the next personal radio. Default should be "CTRL + ]" and CTRL + [".

I tried pressing CTRL + 8; CTRL + SHIFT + 8 and such, but it's not working.

Awesome mod!

However, I can't get the hotkey for selecting the next personal radio. Default should be "CTRL + ]" and CTRL + [".

I tried pressing CTRL + 8; CTRL + SHIFT + 8 and such, but it's not working.

Probably you have non standard keywords, try to press buttons under + and -

Small update from our side. We are working on new high quality interfaces for the radios.

AN/PRC-154

K51801bl.png

Are you using "serious mode" with TaskForceRadio channel?

We are not. However, it only began when we started using Invade & Annex. Wondering if it has something to do with that.

Edit: We migrated our teamspeak server coincidentally, and it started working again.

Edited by sirthus

Looks like the update to CBA may have broken TF Radio. Bottom right corner says, SetNamedPipeHandleState...

If someone can verify this as well, can we get a hotfix deployed nkey?

Looks like the update to CBA may have broken TF Radio. Bottom right corner says, SetNamedPipeHandleState...

If someone can verify this as well, can we get a hotfix deployed nkey?

Works for me... Maybe you have two arma instances launched?

I had the same issue. Did a fresh install of the mod and that seemed to have fixed it.

this mod DESPERATELY needs a demo or tutorial mission to accompany it.

After adding radios to a truck for people to pickup, once you pick one up it just duplicates it in your inventory until you have no space left. I have no idea why its doing it. Any advice or perhaps an updated FAQ or something to help mission makers actually utilize this great looking mod would be brilliant.

Unfortunately I am going to have to drop it until some kind demo or tutorial mission is available, just so I can get the configuration correct.

P.S. the long range NATO radio doesn't appear to have the correct Class name from your documentation.

this mod DESPERATELY needs a demo or tutorial mission to accompany it.

After adding radios to a truck for people to pickup, once you pick one up it just duplicates it in your inventory until you have no space left. I have no idea why its doing it. Any advice or perhaps an updated FAQ or something to help mission makers actually utilize this great looking mod would be brilliant.

Unfortunately I am going to have to drop it until some kind demo or tutorial mission is available, just so I can get the configuration correct.

P.S. the long range NATO radio doesn't appear to have the correct Class name from your documentation.

Could you send mission for me to test? Basically you can just add crates with radios from editor.

Hi,

First of all, this is impressive work!

Now, my team and I are just getting started with developing missions with TFAR in mind. With ACRE, I developed a player vs. player scenario where players could eventually gather the enemy's radio frequencies.

Are players able to hear their enemies, in a different team, with TFAR? I haven't had the chance to test this yet, and didn't find info on this.

Hi,

First of all, this is impressive work!

Now, my team and I are just getting started with developing missions with TFAR in mind. With ACRE, I developed a player vs. player scenario where players could eventually gather the enemy's radio frequencies.

Are players able to hear their enemies, in a different team, with TFAR? I haven't had the chance to test this yet, and didn't find info on this.

By default each side uses own encryption codes, so if you will enter same frequency as your enemy - you will not able to hear each other. But if you pickup enemy radio from dead body - you will able to hear enemy. Also, it is possible to disable encryption via API.

Nkey, we're running serious mode on our PUBLIC server and the mod works great! We went full time a few days ago (disabled VON) and people love the mod once they're up and running. Question for you though. Some people know the password to get into the TFR channel even though they don't have TFR, which is bad because they can hear both teams talking on a pvp server where people share sensitive info. Is there a way to change the password so that clients can't do this anymore? If I make the password edits on TFR from serverside will this allow players to automatically get dragged into the TFR channel even when the password is no longer 123?

Thanks for your help.

Nkey, we're running serious mode on our PUBLIC server and the mod works great! We went full time a few days ago (disabled VON) and people love the mod once they're up and running. Question for you though. Some people know the password to get into the TFR channel even though they don't have TFR, which is bad because they can hear both teams talking on a pvp server where people share sensitive info. Is there a way to change the password so that clients can't do this anymore? If I make the password edits on TFR from serverside will this allow players to automatically get dragged into the TFR channel even when the password is no longer 123?

Thanks for your help.

You can change password by module in editor or by tf_radio_channel_password variable.

You can change password by module in editor or by tf_radio_channel_password variable.

I'm going into fn_ClientInit.sqf and on line 7 changing tf_radio_channel_password = "whateveriwant"

Then putting this edited TFR serverside this will work with the clients who haven't made this edit correct?

By default each side uses own encryption codes, so if you will enter same frequency as your enemy - you will not able to hear each other. But if you pickup enemy radio from dead body - you will able to hear enemy. Also, it is possible to disable encryption via API.

Alright, thank you for your response, it's now working as intended :D

Using TFAR on the development build however, causes all the backpacks in the game (both the long-range radios added by TFAR and the vanilla backpacks) to stop working.

I'm seeing this too. I don't know much about addons, but does this "override" the whole Bag_Base class or just add the three new properties?

class Bag_Base
{
  tf_hasLRradio = 0;
  tf_encryptionCode = "";	
  tf_range = 20000;
};

class TFAR_Bag_Base: Bag_Base
{
  tf_dialogUpdate = "call TFAR_fnc_updateLRDialogToChannel;";
  maximumLoad = 100;
  mass = 15;	
  tf_hasLRradio = 1;
  tf_encryptionCode = "";	
  tf_range = 20000;

model = "\task_force_radio_items\models\TFR_BACKPACK";	
};

It's definitely disabling all Backpacks for me too.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Just took a peek in the Mission Editor ConfigViewer with and without TFR. With TFR enabled "Bag_Base" just contains it's own properties plus tf_* entries but nothing inherited from "ReammoBox". :confused:

Maybe it should be like this?

class Bag_Base : ReammoBox
{
  tf_hasLRradio = 0;
  tf_encryptionCode = "";	
  tf_range = 20000;
};

Edited by thhamm

I'm going into fn_ClientInit.sqf and on line 7 changing tf_radio_channel_password = "whateveriwant"

Then putting this edited TFR serverside this will work with the clients who haven't made this edit correct?

No, you should add it to mission file... Or run small addon on server to publish variable for all clients...

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

I'm seeing this too. I don't know much about addons, but does this "override" the whole Bag_Base class or just add the three new properties?

class Bag_Base
{
  tf_hasLRradio = 0;
  tf_encryptionCode = "";	
  tf_range = 20000;
};

class TFAR_Bag_Base: Bag_Base
{
  tf_dialogUpdate = "call TFAR_fnc_updateLRDialogToChannel;";
  maximumLoad = 100;
  mass = 15;	
  tf_hasLRradio = 1;
  tf_encryptionCode = "";	
  tf_range = 20000;

model = "\task_force_radio_items\models\TFR_BACKPACK";	
};

It's definitely disabling all Backpacks for me too.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Just took a peek in the Mission Editor ConfigViewer with and without TFR. With TFR enabled "Bag_Base" just contains it's own properties plus tf_* entries but nothing inherited from "ReammoBox". :confused:

Maybe it should be like this?

class Bag_Base : ReammoBox
{
  tf_hasLRradio = 0;
  tf_encryptionCode = "";	
  tf_range = 20000;
};

Thanks for your help, will fix that. Also, when update is planned?

No, you should add it to mission file... Or run small addon on server to publish variable for all clients...

OK, I'll add it to the mission file. Put it in the init.sqf? What does the script need to look like for the password? Also, do I use the same method to get players to spawn by default with short range radios and NO long range radios and what would that script look like?

I could use your help on this as our server has gone full time with your mod. :)

OK, I'll add it to the mission file. Put it in the init.sqf? What does the script need to look like for the password? Also, do I use the same method to get players to spawn by default with short range radios and NO long range radios and what would that script look like?

I could use your help on this as our server has gone full time with your mod. :)

First lines of init.sqf,

tf_radio_channel_password = "your_password";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Fix for backpacks broken in new arma version is coming.

I'm desperatly looking for a conversion of this splendid mod for ARMA2 and the last version of TS3...has someone a tip for me?

I'm desperatly looking for a conversion of this splendid mod for ARMA2 and the last version of TS3...has someone a tip for me?

Arma 2 port in progress, wait a little.