Sign in to follow this  
HeliJunkie

[Early Preview] 3D Editor

Great, looks promissing!

Looks like the fps takes a big hit, or maybe thats just the video?

Looks like the fps takes a big hit, or maybe thats just the video?

Yes, as I mentioned in the first post, I'm not a video designer. Had my problems to get any video :p.

While capturing it says 5fps. Arma runs @~ 45fps with my system. So it is the video!

Don't know how to handle CamStudio. :eek:

Wow this is amazing. Cant wait to try it out. Makes things alot easier :) GOOD WORK!!!

Yes, as I mentioned in the first post, I'm not a video designer. Had my problems to get any video :p.

While capturing it says 5fps. Arma runs @~ 45fps with my system. So it is the video!

Don't know how to handle CamStudio. :eek:

You have this problem because the capture is getting all your desktop and your current windows you need a capture software (gnu) that get only your dxdevice.

Use this:

http://obsproject.com/

Only need change the stream to disk and use your prefer codec to make the avi.

And you can capture your voice too...;)

http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=410

will we be able to place waypoints and triggers vice versa?

just like the 2d editor but in 3d?

:D looks amazing buddy keep up the good work

Nice!

Just wondering, does this use a "paused" world, or does PhysX etc still kick in? (Like when you put a box in the sky, does it fall down?)

will we be able to place waypoints and triggers vice versa?

just like the 2d editor but in 3d? ...

Uhh... waypoints and triggers are far away from current state... but of course this features are in my mind.

Nice!

Just wondering, does this use a "paused" world, or does PhysX etc still kick in? (Like when you put a box in the sky, does it fall down?)

Not realy a paused world, more paused objects. To prevent them from falling down they get a "enableSimulation false" right after spawn (insert).

This also prevents damage if you collide with buildings or other vehicles while moving the objects around the map.

My first try with moving objects was an inferno !!! ;):p

great work this is very util,the editor by default be take long time betwen placed objects and preview is terrible,this save a lot time.

:yay:

This is more than a mod if it going to work in all aspects! It really completes Arma3 by adding something that should have been there from the beginning. The possibility for users to design missions is really 50% of the core value, 50% of Armas Unique Selling Point and a smooth 3D-editor is exactly what this game needs.

The best thing to make this even better would be to if it gave more or less support to the non hacker-mission designer for more advanced stuff since many things are quite script-oriented or non-intuitive in other ways.

Uhh... waypoints and triggers are far away from current state... but of course this features are in my mind.

sweet looks like this will beat the 3d editor in arma 2 hands down!!

98% of the armaworld want the utility your developing. how do you feel lol

Mate this looks really promising!

May I suggest you release in stages, so we can do solid testing along the way. Once the 3D placement is ready you could release an alpha for 3D placement of objects and then move on to other deliverables.

Again, great stuff!

Not realy a paused world, more paused objects. To prevent them from falling down they get a "enableSimulation false" right after spawn (insert).

This also prevents damage if you collide with buildings or other vehicles while moving the objects around the map.

My first try with moving objects was an inferno !!! ;):p

That makes sense, but would it be possible to disable this (by a checkbox or smth) , I think it could be fun, stacking stuff, or loading your truck with melons :)

May I suggest you release in stages, so we can do solid testing along the way.

That are my current thoughts.

That makes sense, but would it be possible to disable this (by a checkbox or smth) , I think it could be fun, stacking stuff, or loading your truck with melons :)

Hope I can make something similar to RTE where you can start/pause/reset the mission (or like the BI 3D).

Also got a PM querying if it will be open source.

And of course, after the first release, anyone can open and see whats behind the scene.

And others can start to build functions/tools for it (I'm thinking about fence/wall generators, inserting prefabs.....)

But currently I'm thinking about to catch them all up to get ONE good editor and not a couple of editors with diffrent functions ....

Maybe i should host it on devheaven ????

Anyone else a good idea?

After all that responses here I'm think it's to much for one with so less time like me.

Looked at my first scripts... they are from April... now it's nearly december... and there is only this scaffold.....

And a lot of players and mission designer seems to be waiting for a good 3D Editor.

Edited by HeliJunkie

Hi,

devheaven seems to be a good idea.

May be there are some others to create a mod team for creating an editor?

I would help but i believe that i'm not good enought in scripting.

greets

Edited by gagagu

Alpha release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Karlos;2568115']my game hung upon loading the scenarios. tried a few times and it freezes then crashes

Uhh ???

Do you load other addons with it?

Do you use stable or dev branch?

no other addons and clean arma install.

Can i just say that I appreciate the effort you are going to. Why this isn't just part of the game is a mystery to me.

Edited by [sbs]Karlos

I have the same problem as [sbs]Karlos

At first I had all my mods on. Then I took them off besides FreeDee but it still hangs up and crashes. I'm on the stable branch of ARMA 3.

Hi,

Yes, i'm waiting for a 3D editor, thanks for your work. :icon_eek

But, i have the same issue here. No addon or with addons, it's the same crash and my pc freeze also.

Maybe, the CBA doesn't required with this addon?

Continue you're labour. :)

Greetings/Iceman

Edited by F.S.F Iceman

Seems to be a big problem. Will try to reproduce it.

Think it has something to do wich Arma2net.

Thx for your replies!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

Edited by HeliJunkie