Sign in to follow this  
HeliJunkie

[Early Preview] 3D Editor

Hi

i just tested it, starts good, no crashes. crashed once when i tried to place a ruin, but i guess that just was a bad config for the object.

but i get this: http://h74i.img-up.net/arma32013-8717.jpg errormessage on startup of the mission.

also, how do i import the csv in the game without copying every classname and every coordinate by hand into an sqf?

is there already a tool for it?

great work, though, i love it already and can't wait to see the next stage.

... i get this: http://h74i.img-up.net/arma32013-8717.jpg errormessage on startup of the mission.

Sorry. I should mentioned that.

Can't currently figure out why this is coming. Just click OK and have fun.

Remember, it's alpha...

also, how do i import the csv in the game without copying every classname and every coordinate by hand into an sqf?

is there already a tool for it?

Sorry, there is no way to export to mission file.

It's only for export/import with FreeDee.

Was a request of another poster to get a simple text file with object pos/dir.

If you want to use it in mission, you currently have to do it manually.

btw:

Has anyone of you (with crash error) a folder "HEJ_3D" in your "documents" folder?

And is there a log folder?

If there is a "HEJ_3D\logs\*.log" file, can you please send it to me?

What OS do you use? Win7 or Win8 or Win8.1?

Edited by HeliJunkie
spelling

Hi, great stuff.

Which language do you using? c#, vb.net?

The import/export function is most important and could be very hard without any detailed file description. I've c# and vb.net knowledge and i'm thinking about to help but i have much less time atm.

Sorry but I can't reproduce the CDT error.

So please check the following:

Do you have .Net Framework 4.0 installed? (Download link)

Please try to start "Arma2NetExplorer.exe" in the "@FreeDee"-Modfolder.

If it starts, type "ClrVersion" in the bottom input box and press enter.

It should print something like "4.0.30319.18052" in the output window. (It should at least start with 4.0)

Please post your results here for further debugging!

Thx and greets

HeliJunkie

When I go to open either mission file, I get a windows popup error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this issue"

When I go to open either mission file, I get a windows popup error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this issue"

Then you don't have the C++ redistributable installed.

Download here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679# and install.

Thanks for your report! Was very helpful!

After your post I updated add the system requirements to the first post!

Edited by HeliJunkie

Sorry. I should mentioned that.

Can't currently figure out why this is coming. Just click OK and have fun.

Remember, it's alpha...

Boolean expressions in SQF are not short-circuited, so this is what's causing the error message (in FillListObjects.sqf).

if (isClass (_vehicleConfig)
&& (getNumber(_vehicleConfig >> "side")) == _side
&& (getText(_vehicleConfig >> "vehicleClass")) == _classname
&& (getNumber(_vehicleConfig >> "scope") > 0)
// && !(["base", _classname, false] call BIS_fnc_inString)
) then {

btw:

Has anyone of you (with crash error) a folder "HEJ_3D" in your "documents" folder?

And is there a log folder?

If there is a "HEJ_3D\logs\*.log" file, can you please send it to me?

What OS do you use? Win7 or Win8 or Win8.1?

The problem for me is with Arma2NET. Arma crashes as soon as any call is made to it (i.e. first call to LogV).

After I removed the bundled Arma2Net, the editor starts without issues.

Very nice, btw! :)

Boolean expressions in SQF are not short-circuited, so this is what's causing the error message (in FillListObjects.sqf).

Damn... typed too many c# code...

Thanks a lot for this hint!

Error resolved!

The problem for me is with Arma2NET. Arma crashes as soon as any call is made to it (i.e. first call to LogV).

After I removed the bundled Arma2Net, the editor starts without issues.

Is it possible for you to reproduce the error and send me the Arma2Net.log (or something like that)?

You should find it in your local Appdata folder, in a subdirectory (think it was arma2net).

Something like "%APPDATA%\..\local\arma2net".

In this file there should be the exceptions... if there any.

Thx a lot again.

Released an updated version: V0.021

Please see first post for more information

This release should fix the CDT problems and the error while starting the mission.

Updated alpha release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have a question: Is it possible to place plants and trees with this? And if so, is it possible to place them a bit lower than the ground? For example a tree that is halfway stuck in the ground?

Greetz

Installed the C++ redistribution thing, saw your new version so downloaded that to try.

No error message, but no HUD or keyboard controls either, just a view of the main runways and ambient sounds. Escape, exit, get a crash to desktop :(

I have a question: Is it possible to place plants and trees with this? And if so, is it possible to place them a bit lower than the ground? For example a tree that is halfway stuck in the ground?

Greetz

Yes, if you get one of the editor extension mods. This editor lists all the same objects available to you in the 2D Editor, getting a mod that provides the non-listed objects will allow you to use them in this as well.

Installed the C++ redistribution thing, saw your new version so downloaded that to try.

No error message, but no HUD or keyboard controls either, just a view of the main runways and ambient sounds. Escape, exit, get a crash to desktop :(

Did you start the mission with "Play" or "Restart" ?

Don't doublick the mission or press "Resume" button. If you do that, you will get (at least) that view you described.

If that happend, you (normaly) can press "ESC" two times (to get the "Pause" screen) and click on "Restart".

MSVR110.DLL MISSING

Even if you have installed the C++ Redistributable package and you have restarted Windows, you might still get the "MSVR110.DLL MISSING" error. You are probably using Windows X/64 and you have installed the X64 package (vcredist_x64.exe).

To get rid of the error install the X86 package (vcredist_x86.exe) as well.

MSVR110.DLL MISSING

Even if you have installed the C++ Redistributable package and you have restarted Windows, you might still get the "MSVR110.DLL MISSING" error. You are probably using Windows X/64 and you have installed the X64 package (vcredist_x64.exe).

To get rid of the error install the X86 package (vcredist_x86.exe) as well.

Thanks for this hint. Makes sense, since Arma3.exe is a x86 process.

Added a note to the system requirements.

Did you start the mission with "Play" or "Restart" ?

Don't doublick the mission or press "Resume" button. If you do that, you will get (at least) that view you described.

If that happend, you (normaly) can press "ESC" two times (to get the "Pause" screen) and click on "Restart".

AHA - that was it, I was double clicking the mission to load it, didn't notice it was resuming. Also needed to install the x86 version of the c++ thing.

all sorted now - just need an export to sqf file that a mission maker can put in his init.sqf to load all the objects in!

Great work

Yes, if you get one of the editor extension mods. This editor lists all the same objects available to you in the 2D Editor, getting a mod that provides the non-listed objects will allow you to use them in this as well.

Nice to hear! May I ask then which mod I need to download to be able to place trees and plants?

Best regards!

Quick noobish question, I just want to know how do I import my csv file into the standard 2d editor? I'm having problems making it work, am I suposed to just open it like any other mission file? Coz when I do, I have an error saying "Warning: File is read only!" ? Or maybe I should do it some other way?

I'm thinking that it might be possible to export to .sqm as .sqm is a glorified text file anyway and is pretty structured... it'd be just a matter of recreating that structure with the export.