Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

please BIS give us the english units in the editor as a fraction !

please BIS give us the english units in the editor as a fraction ! love the grey camo ^^ more diversity ;) in the mp maps :rolleyes:

that's only 4/5, what do you want the last fifth to be?

A little...cheeky?

all kidding aside I definitely agree with you, although there's a pretty sweet mod that's already started doing that

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168606-Operation-Aegean-Shield-British-Armed-Forces

May not be official but its a good alternative I'd say:)

Edited by Odie0351

i play only multiplayer and the mini mod make only a - you cant connect on 99% from the servers ^^ this litle thing is for a vanilla version ^^

Could make 'em NATO>Men(CRTG) or sumthin innit? Could make things real practical an' all.

I am trying to get British accents put into the profile editor so I can have a british accent rather than an american accent upvote this to get it noticed ill put the link below this reply if you want to vote.

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16198

I am trying to get British accents put into the profile editor so I can have a british accent rather than an american accent upvote this to get it noticed ill put the link below this reply if you want to vote.

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16198

What if I want a Canadian accent?

Could make 'em NATO>Men(CRTG) or sumthin innit? Could make things real practical an' all.

I'm currently away form an A3 PC but, as I recall, the current CTRG (British) characters should be under NATO>Men (Story).

I am trying to get British accents put into the profile editor so I can have a british accent rather than an american accent

The current profile/voice selection is a bit limited (and not terribly intuitive).

It's a little more complex than that, unfortunately something like a 'known issue'.

When you select your voice in profile, it picks a 'type'; this should translate to using the correct voice type defined per faction.

[table=width: 800, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]

TYPE

[/td]

[td]

BLUFOR

[/td]

[td]

INDEPENDENT

[/td]

[td]

OPFOR

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Male01ENG (Marc Cram)

[/td]

[td]

Male01GRE (Zoran Kovatchovich)

[/td]

[td]

Male01PER (Reza Delavar)

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Example: given that I have selected Voice Type 01, when I place myself as an AAF rifleman in the editor, the expected behaviour is that my character uses Male01GRE; actual (current) behaviour: uses the Male01ENG version.

When you pick a CTRG character, you should hear EN-GB, if you don't, that's a bug. As for improving the feature, the audio/program team is still a bit stretched at the moment, so our Top Men are still working on other priorities.

Best,

RiE

I think they mean a whole CTRG faction, or at least a type under the existing NATO faction besides the story units, maybe with CTRG camo on NATO vehicles or something of the like.

I'm currently away form an A3 PC but, as I recall, the current CTRG (British) characters should be under NATO>Men (Story).

The current profile/voice selection is a bit limited (and not terribly intuitive).

When you pick a CTRG character, you should hear EN-GB, if you don't, that's a bug. As for improving the feature, the audio/program team is still a bit stretched at the moment, so our Top Men are still working on other priorities.

Best,

RiE

I'm sure it's a bug, because last I checked, the ENGB voices weren't linked with the speaker types (1-9). In the campaign, they work because of the setIdentity config. And I've only just gotten it to work outside of the campaign where if you play as Kerry or Miller (made my own custom ones), you'll sound as them. Required making a whole new identity with just their speakers (Male03ENG for Kerry, Male03ENGB for Miller).

The CTRG characters themselves are under Men (Story) but there's no CTRG group.

[table=width: 800, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

IDENTITIES

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

SPEAKER

[/td]

[td]

LanguageENG_F

[/td]

[td]

LanguageENGB_F

[/td]

[td]

LanguageGRE_F

[/td]

[td]

LanguagePER_F

[/td]

[td]

CUSTOM LanguageKerry_F

[/td]

[td]

CUSTOM LanguageMiller_F

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Male01ENG (Marc Cram)

[/td]

[td]

Male01ENGB (??)

[/td]

[td]

Male01GRE (Zoran Kovatchovich)

[/td]

[td]

Male01PER (Reza Delavar)

[/td]

[td]

Male03ENG (Robert Polo)

[/td]

[td]

Male03ENGB (??)

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Male02ENG (Scott Williams)

[/td]

[td]

Male02ENGB

[/td]

[td]

Male02GRE

[/td]

[td]

Male02PER

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Male03ENG (Robert Polo)

[/td]

[td]

Male03ENGB

[/td]

[td]

Male03GRE

[/td]

[td]

Male03PER

[/td]

[td]

Male03ENG (Kerry's Campaign Voice)

[/td]

[td]

Male03ENGB (Miller's Campaign Voice)

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[td]

Male04ENG (RJ Conley)

[/td]

[td]

Male04ENGB

[/td]

[td]

Male04GRE

[/td]

[td]

Male04PER

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

After that, the voices repeat, but the ENG ones keep going until SPEAKER 09.

Edited by antoineflemming

Can we get John Cleese to voice act?

What we need is Arnold Schwarzenegger and Morgan Freeman to voice act in Arma 3. Along with some authentic Czech accents and Canadian accents!

... Morgan Freeman to voice act in Arma 3. Along with some authentic Czech accents and Canadian accents!

Tom Hanks too.

What we need is Arnold Schwarzenegger and Morgan Freeman to voice act in Arma 3. Along with some authentic Czech accents and Canadian accents!

I know you're joking, but what'd be the point of Canadians or Czechs? Well, then again, there is a Canadian character (hope that makes you happy), but why Czechs?

Honestly, they should at least have one voice for Germans, French, Italians, Polish, Russians, Chinese.