Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Operation Aegean Shield - British Armed Forces

Dont tell me this was inspired by the Youtube video?

Magnitude is the original ArmA 3 campaign, where NATO was dueling CSAT on Altis, however, I'm gonna twist the story a little. :icon_twisted: Anyways, the main characters are the members of the CTRG team and Frost, a senior SAS member.

I'll write more in the original post, maybe start a new thread for all my OM stuff, all when I get writers block, for once.

Magnitude is the original ArmA 3 campaign, where NATO was dueling CSAT on Altis, however, I'm gonna twist the story a little. :icon_twisted: Anyways, the main characters are the members of the CTRG team and Frost, a senior SAS member.

I'll write more in the original post, maybe start a new thread for all my OM stuff, all when I get writers block, for once.

Operation Magnitude is CTRG AND 7th ID going up against Iran, not CSAT. Difference is that there was no CSAT planned at that point. So, your story isn't too far off, but know that Frost is already a character from PMC. And it was focused on looking for Iranian advanced weapons research and development.

SITREP 00004:

I've completely redone all of the textures.

http://i.imgur.com/7SLdKBw.jpg (246 kB)

New and improved MTP.

http://i.imgur.com/BR8zqrC.jpg (187 kB)

SAS.

http://i.imgur.com/WLi9uPs.jpg (322 kB)

MTP Kitbag, the Kitbag template made by Modder.

For now, I want to retexture the final items, which may take awhile. Thankfully, Modder is assisting me with the templates for these.

Final items:

> Assault Pack

> Carryall Backpack

> Chestrig

> Coveralls

Also, I have removed the DMTP and DUTP as I have lost interest in the two patterns. I may redo the DUTP at some point, but no promises. Finally, I'm considering Scrim headgear and also adding the Ghillie helmets eventually.

SIREP 00005:

I've redone the SAS textures and I've added the Ghillie Helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/SiScMch.jpg (202 kB)

SAS with new DDPM trousers.

http://i.imgur.com/VWIXvWc.jpg (299 kB)

Ditto.

http://i.imgur.com/SsSGcTZ.jpg (246 kB)

Tan coat with MTP trousers.

http://i.imgur.com/U91wiF9.jpg (225 kB)

Olive coat with DPM trousers.

I'm considering a replacement of the Olive coat with a combination of a DPM top, and MTP trousers. I've also thought about making some new vests for the SAS.

I've thought of doing an SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) faction after this.

Just a thought, to make them realistic perhaps remove the SAS logo on their uniform's as when deployed SAS units wouldn't have anything to identify them.

Just a thought, to make them realistic perhaps remove the SAS logo on their uniform's as when deployed SAS units wouldn't have anything to identify them.

Agreed

Will do.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Or you could do a better CSAT instead of doing something that's already been done...

I've decided against it anyways and for now I'll work on the BAF.

nightmare, on the SCO topic it wouldnt make sense much because the Chinese are fighting the Marines in the pacific, Which im going to possibly make an addon representing that, with russia betraying the SCO due to the attacks from CSAT in europe and SCO in china going against a fictious pact

but yea keep up the great work

Update 2.1:

Expect some errors.

Changelog:

v2.1:

- Added new faction icon.

- Added new camouflage.

- Renamed Men (Assault Recon) to Men (SF).

- Added Scout (AR) to both Men (Recon) and Men (SF), armed with a Mk200.

- Renamed all items.

- Added SAS uniforms.

- Tweaked all inventories.

- Randomized helmets.

- Added camouflage helmets.

- Many other things I forgot.

- Updated Warrior.

Requirements:

- Arma 3 Development Branch

Download

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

when spawning in the recon and special forces units they both have no ammo and i get an error saying that the SAS texture has failed to load

when spawning in the recon and special forces units they both have no ammo and i get an error saying that the SAS texture has failed to load

Odd, I'll fix that on sunday's update.

If anyone has, (or is currently doing so) done a replacement config for this mod, can you please post it? I would love to play with these units more than the original ones. Thanks, and thank you for the wonderful mod Night!

I've been working on this a lot lately, pictures will come on the weekend. The British soldiers now wear FIST equipment.

I've been working on this a lot lately, pictures will come on the weekend. The British soldiers now wear FIST equipment.

Sounds interesting, new models?

Sounds interesting, new models?

I want to get some new models for the guys with FIST on them.

Update 2.2:

Unfinished, Hotfix is coming later.

Changelog:

v2.2 (Unfinished, Hotfix coming later):

- Redone all textures.

- Renamed all armored vehicles.

- Added FV-2A4 Slammer TUSK.

- Replaced Mk20s with MX variants.

- Renamed Men (SF) to Men (Special Forces).

- Added custom UI icons.

- Multiple other things.

Requirements:

- Arma 3 Development Branch

- NATO & CSAT SF

Download

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I was looking for this thread earlier today, so I guess it was good timing. I was actually impressed with the soldier retextures and air. The only thing I thought was odd was that some guys had U.S. Army uniforms. I'm curious why you had a few units with those? Isn't there a mod with British weapons? Anyway this is one of the few soldier addons I will keep around. Excellent. Well, unless the retextures you mention are still good, as I think they will be. Thank you

I was looking for this thread earlier today, so I guess it was good timing. I was actually impressed with the soldier retextures and air. The only thing I thought was odd was that some guys had U.S. Army uniforms. I'm curious why you had a few units with those? Isn't there a mod with British weapons? Anyway this is one of the few soldier addons I will keep around. Excellent. Well, unless the retextures you mention are still good, as I think they will be. Thank you

Thanks. What units wear US stuff?

If you mean the model, yeah they're supposed to wear the Crye gear. Also, there is a BAF weapon mod by Kiory, but I'm waiting for him to release the GL version. I also need an L85A2 RIS so MXs will do for now. :D

Edited by Nightmare515

New update 2.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@oas_baf.png

@ Nightmare515;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.