Sign in to follow this  
SPC G-Man

Memory-map error with radeon 9700

Mowgli...

I had the memory map (0.pbo) issue....now fixed , and my AGP aperture is at 128 no problems...

I have SOME flashing textures, but at least I can now play...

I must say OFP looks AMAZING with this Radeon 9700!!

Archtech...the link worked fine for me...

Hope that helps

VS-UK Padman

www.vs-uk.net

padman,

I have my AGP aperture set to 128Meg also. The 0.pbo and o.pbo workaround worked for me on the mem-map problem, so I reverted to the current drivers.

Since we do alot of air missions, we're always up at that angle that the shadows and road textures especially are flickering on and off. Dizzying.

I may trade back in my 9700 for a Ti4600.

Honestly, I didn't see THAT much of a fps increase over the GEforce3 Ti200 I had before.

CFS3 loved it, but OFP is the game that matters for me.

Um well, everything worked fine untill about 5 minutes ago. I dont have a radion chip or nothing, I guess ill reinstall...

Hi,

I do have a GeForce 2 MX, and I have this Memorymap problem...

It looks to be linked to the size of my addon folder, as I when I have it, I delete some of the addons I installed and that I'm not using, and then it's OK.

After a while, when I did reinstalled some addons, the problem comes back sad.gif

There is also various stages in the appearance of this issue :

1st . I can no more load a campaign but can play the game

2nd. Can't load campaign nor SP missions but can use the editor

3rd . Can't start the game anymore...

I already use -mod = XXX for various addons (WW2, Vietnam, Snow, Jungle, Desert...) but I must always limit my addon folder to about 500 Mb (460-480 Mb)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BipBip @ Mar. 01 2003,19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It looks to be linked to the size of my addon folder<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it is, and it's also related to how much RAM you have, how much do you have? smile.gif

I had the "cannot memory Map res/O.pbo

the lowering of my Graphics to 64 /32 megs did not help

BUT the CUTPBO did fix the problem

I have a new MSI Ti4800 on a ASUS a7n8x and a 2500 barton

Talking about that nasty ...

... "cannot memory map/res/o_pbo.....

I had this problem so many times, evrybody was asking me "do you have enough Ram" Yeah i have, 1gig DDR 2700

Anyway, i tryed to delete files (reinstall OFP) tryed to put less add ons in OFP (reinstall) anyway i took me about 10 reinstalling nights till i just thought, hey fu.. that res/o_pbo and i deleted it, all of a suuden it started again, but with some reports, this is missing, that is missing.

So i just did cut out the so called o_pbo from the res/add on folder (of course after a reinstall) and add it into my OFP/add on folder, since that day it runs smooth as ever.

And the thing is, i have more than 2 gig of add ons.

Try this when this "cannot memory map/res/o_pbo" comes up crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I found that removing a specific addon actually let me run FP Res without the memory map error. I am using a Geforce2mx card as well.

I am having this problem with a Geforce FX 5600 256MB. I tried the latest drivers to no avail. I downloaded directx 9. I also removed all the addons I could find. Anyone else have any ides or the same problem with this card?

Try using Kegety's suggestions... you can find them in a thread that's pinned in this forum.

Can't find it you got a link? Now I don't even get the memory map error, I just get a green screen???

Thanks Avon lady, I had to reinstall my Geforce4 for now, hopefull this fixes it. Perhaps the Geforce FX has the same issues as some of the higher end ATI cards.

I am having this problem with a Geforce FX 5600 256MB. I tried the latest drivers to no avail. I downloaded directx 9. I also removed all the addons I could find. Anyone else have any ides or the same problem with this card?

yes i have the same problem with the fx5600 256,

trying to figure this out atm.any luck powerslide...or anybody?

im going to try a couple of earlier drivers,sometimes a rollback can help,especially with the newer buggy nvidia drivers.

mmmh,the card came with the 44.01 so i

tried the 43.45 and the latest 45.25 and no luck.

i definately wont be putting the ge-force mx400 back in

as this fx5600 card is amazing with other games,only ofp seems to be a problem.

ok,kept the new 45.23,this is better with the directx 9b beta.

and followed kegetys advise,and bypassed the o.pbo mipmap prob.

no more green screen too,so powerslide,get the fx5600

back into your puter mate,it rocks.

1.use unpbo,this should place an "O" folder unpbo,d in the res/addons folder.

2.remove the original O.pbo to a safe place.

3.move the config.cpp and stringtable,out of the "O"folder

and place/move the O folder in the main OFP directory.

4.create a new "O" folder and place/move the config.cpp and stringtable into it.

5.use "makepbo" and make a new "O.pbo"containing the config.cpp and stringtable,and keep it in the res/addons folder.

works a treat.