Sign in to follow this  
giallustio

=BTC= co 50 War Storm

ai mods you mean like TPW?

Then if i want to make AI shoot and attack naturally to us,

I should disable tpw and make ai accuracy to 0.1

right?

So dose ASR_AI make AI to not shooting like a Aim hacks?

And I can only see ASR_AI for Arma 2 not Arma 3

But it's apply to arma 3?

We tried ASR_AI in Giallustio's mission and it was good. I set AI infantry skills to "regular 1 & 2" and combat felt challenging, but fair. You always can adjust skills of specific soldier classes in configuration. I was even quite impressed to see enemy PO-30 Orca doing a rocket run on our M2A1 Slammer tank and successfully damaging it.

About a mission, few thoughts:

- base area needs more protection, I think few static HMGs could help,

- great work on medical system and logistics, lads really enjoyed it,

- are there any requirements for rally point to work? Soldiers couldn't select it as a spawn point. It could be placed too close to a town area that was being assaulted or perhaps it doesn't work in DEV build that we use (I need to test it),

- when enemy artillery is turned on, is there actual enemy mortar squad deployed on a map or it is just a script?

- base area needs more protection, I think few static HMGs could help,

I was thinking about a scripted protection. A radius of 500 mt where the AI can't enter.

- are there any requirements for rally point to work? Soldiers couldn't select it as a spawn point. It could be placed too close to a town area that was being assaulted or perhaps it doesn't work in DEV build that we use (I need to test it),

Move to rally point action is available at the flag and not in the respawn dialog

- when enemy artillery is turned on, is there actual enemy mortar squad deployed on a map or it is just a script?

It's real artillery, but seems to be broken. It seems that dead soldier in crew position count as crew, so the mortar keeps firing even if it's empty. I fixed it and it will be available in the next version!

My bug report for this great mission. We play it with HC and work good!

- the initDB is a mess here. We also have despawning vehicles and now we need to use a "edited" one?

- with artillery "on" with ai high, they will bomb the base.

- when ai count is "high" even with hc the server gets low when we get to 1 town that is beside another town. so 2 town ai's will spawn ;)

- ai is dump and gets sometimes really laggy around, even with server fps 50. is there a way that the ai within vehicles react over 500m? In a tank or helicopter they should attack @ > 1000m.

- where is the hc? can he die? Sometimes the commander have an ai on his side. i dont hope this is the civilian hc ;)

My bug report for this great mission. We play it with HC and work good!

- the initDB is a mess here. We also have despawning vehicles and now we need to use a "edited" one?

- with artillery "on" with ai high, they will bomb the base.

- when ai count is "high" even with hc the server gets low when we get to 1 town that is beside another town. so 2 town ai's will spawn ;)

- ai is dump and gets sometimes really laggy around, even with server fps 50. is there a way that the ai within vehicles react over 500m? In a tank or helicopter they should attack @ > 1000m.

- where is the hc? can he die? Sometimes the commander have an ai on his side. i dont hope this is the civilian hc ;)

- you need to download the modified one from the first post!

- this will be fixed in next release

- that's an arma's fault, when you got more than 350-400 AI local fps start to drop instead server fps are stable, you better to use arma server monitor and see how many AI are spawned

- same problem as before, simple try to don't activate too many city or disable random patrol ( or even low random patrol )

- is at the base, no he can't die, yes it's the civilian ( why you don't hope ? )

ok, thx for reply. we will disable iniDB until the public release is fixed. Of course 400 ai is a bit high. My intention was what towns beside each other shouldnt spawn the same high amount of ai. The lag is not from the server (when @50fps), theyre just dump as hell. walk from left to right, back and over again. under fire from a tank they dont know what to do. we will try asr_ai (where can i dl it?)

ok, thx for reply. we will disable iniDB until the public release is fixed. Of course 400 ai is a bit high. My intention was what towns beside each other shouldnt spawn the same high amount of ai. The lag is not from the server (when @50fps), theyre just dump as hell. walk from left to right, back and over again. under fire from a tank they dont know what to do. we will try asr_ai (where can i dl it?)

I haven't tell you that there will be another public release or a fix, the release is in the first post of this topic ( about inidb, if you are talking about server's profile it's an arma bug and will be fixed, maybe, don't know when ). The lag as I told you is of the game ( try put 400 AI in editor without any scripts or nothing at more than 10km from your position, put mission on the server and play ) and we cannot do nothing except trying not to activate too many city at the same time. asr_ai is in dev ( but works ) and only change the AI behaviour. Can be downloaded with playwithsix http://arma-sr.bzbit.com/

Does anyone have a clue why the mission isnt working as intended on DEV Version with HC activated? I know this awesome mission is supposed to be played with the stable version. Im just trying to find out if theres something we can do to fix this. Problem is that the AI isnt spawning as intended (i guess). Theres only a handfull of enemies around, no enm vehicles whatsoever and taking over cities doesnt seem to work as well. Maybe someone here has an idea. Thanks!

Thanks ramius86 really appreciate :) Now we can fight fair with A.I

Question!

I'm playing this Awesome mission in my own dedicate server

1. Is there random enemy secured position? I look around towns about 5~10 but I can see only the enemy comes with chopper not occupied

1-1 . Is it related with Headless clients option in parameter?

2. Dose red flags should display in the map at the center of the town ? (not all but mostly)

3. Is enemy accuracy related with enemy occupied?

4. Is enemy numbers related with enemy occupied?

Problems

Sometimes get stuck when try to use MCC

click action menu

click MCC

it's appear a second and just gone and my animations just literaly freezed while game and server and others are move freely

Ofcouse I have Latest MCC in my addons files :)

Edited by kgino1045

Aren't you guys put any MCC? I saw MCC in your mission so i downloaded from armaholic D:

well seems like i have to ask Shay :(

And another issue

Not sure it's caused by ASR_AI but the enemies are just bunch of in the middle of town

they don't strech in the town until we shoot to them

seems a problem related to hc

PS, where you see MCC in this mission? :confused:

Edited by ramius86

About MCC probably my akward sense

yeap there was no mcc

But still

I disable the HC but no enemies around the town (When i install TPW AI mod at back there. there was tons of enemies, Ofcourse with horrible 1000000% accuracy enemies)

now I can contact the enemy if i move around in the town but can see it after 5 min

back in the tpw installed condition I can see them already in the town so we can make a plan and attack them (though those horrible super accuracy wipe all of us)

I can only see partol car and patrol hali

and some how IFV and APC are not attack to us

attack choppers are attacking pretty effectively that's fine

Aren't they supposed to be in the area from the very first time as soon as game start it?

Edited by kgino1045

We also have problems with low fps lag on our dedicated server with this mission :(

ASM shows about 200AI, which seems a bit much. We are very careful with just attacking one city at the time to not activate unnecesseray AI...

I set up a testserver, logged in to start the mission and after just 5-10 minutes it had 190AIL, I hadn't even left the base yet!

This is a really fun mission and I really hope the lagproblems can be fixed.

It's not a mission problem. The server has the maximum fps, the client more AI there are less fps he has. Disable the random patrol if you have fps trouble

It's not a mission problem. The server has the maximum fps, the client more AI there are less fps he has. Disable the random patrol if you have fps trouble

rgr that, turned off patrols for now.

just like to say thanks, we run this on our dedicated server on TaranisPMC.com and we're well happy with it.

Kudos

Gav

Thank you GavC! I'm glad you enjoy it!

I hope to release a new version with some fixes in the week end!

Thx for the good support here @ forum. It is really great with HC ;)

some questions:

we got 2 towns "clear" but didnt get green. we really searched for enemys but didnt found them. perhaps with 1/2 enemys left capture will still go trough? Or did we miss something how to capture? How big is the radius for getting green?

Why the ki is so heavy? even with 0,1 accuracy they nearly kill instant on every distance.

what can the ai do against attack helicopter and jets? they never where strong enough to kill any of them cause they dont attack > 1000m.

something about spawn:

perhaps more zones to spawn would be good with some "pause" Options. It is too heavy for everyone when 300ki spawn within 1sec, we all got red chain. perhaps in biggest Zone (1000m around the City) there will spawn 50ki within 10sek, 800m near the 100ki within 10sek and after 10sek the next ki every 5sek.

Edited by Numrollen

I can't fix the A3 ki (i think you mean AI, right?)

There's already some sleep for the spawn.

ok thx. AI accuracy it dont look it changes something when set in the parameters. We always play on 0.1 and its too hard. we had a littlebird out there and the pilot get shot down (pilot just hear 1 shot bevor he died) from 1 infantrie men 450m away and 250m under the helicopter. And hehe not with AA weapon, with his normal rifle ;)

And about the red to green Problem? so we missed some ai who layed down somewhere around 1km and didnt get up the fight? It is a bit frustrating...

Edited by Numrollen