Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Reboot!

Like I said, I have already modeled a picatinny rail conversion thing, it just needs texturing etc, also what new attachment method?
As per pettka's post, "a class compatibleItems with separate parameters for each attachment type and 0/1 value to deny/allow use of said attachment", though it's not the "rail" method that Alwarren's gone on and on about in the past; check it out at the link. :)

Looks awesome mate, some really nice little details on the texture especially. Not sure about the 'hello kitty' though lol

Soonᵀᴹ

What's with the hate of Hello Kitty? It's an important and tactical part of the model, vital even, without it, you may not survive!

Edited by Kiory

What's with the hate of Hello Kitty? It's an important and tactical part of the model, vital even, without it, you may not survive!

I do believe that it would be more appropriate an angry bird, but...

I do believe that it would be more appropriate an angry bird, but...

or a mudkip, because i heard you like,

anyways still looking good

Hey nothing wrong with Hello Kitty, great stuff love it ;) In fact why not go one step further and do some special edition textures like this modeller did:

milkor_m32___pinkie_pie_edition_by_thebadpanda2-d6kqs5q.jpg

aa12_rainbow_dash_edition_2_by_thebadpanda2-d6eo270.jpg

Great job OP. What modelling programme did you use?

He uses 3DS Max 2013 for modeling, photoshop for texturing and marmoset toolbag for rendering.

Hee hee, toolbag.

But yea, 3DS Max is my chosen software for modeling, you could use anything really though, blender, maya, softimage, cinema 4D etc, just for the love of God, do not use google sketchup, it's unable to make optimized game ready models, it's a mess.

Edited by Kiory

Hee hee, toolbag.

But yea, 3DS Max is my chosen software for modeling, you could use anything really though, blender, maya, softimage, cinema 4D etc, just for the love of God, do not use google sketchup, it's unable to make optimized game ready models, it's a mess.

Or O2 for that matter ;). I have Blender and bought the character and vehicle modeling series DVDs for it so looking forward to getting started on my project.

new model looking great. hope i can actually use it as for some reason your mods never work for me.

Probably should let everyone know, at least the people waiting.

I wasn't happy with the old texture work, so for a couple of days I've been learning a new workflow, one that will produce better results. This basically means that I've had to re bake normal maps and ambient occlusion, among other things that I normally wouldn't bake, like cakes and pies.

Strange, i actually thought the screenshots from the first post looked pretty awesome texturewise...