Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Reboot!

Hello lads, and ladettes as the case may be!

I've recently been very unhappy with the original SA80RIS rifle I made quite a while back, so... I decided to make a new one, vanilla style!

3_zps769edc1c.jpg

4_zpsda890dca.jpg

5_zpsbd4a0fd2.jpg

6_zps70a51a90.jpg

8_zpsb0dacd1c.jpg

It's not entirely finished, but it's at a point where you can grasp how it will look ingame, If there's anyone out there that has access to decent sounds for a rifle such as this, I would love to know.

Anyone, let me know your thoughts, this won't be the only thing I'm working on either, there will be a few variants to come!

Wow, big improvement to fit the time setting, but what about the rails? also i have shot an AR-15 before and they are the same caliber, so i would say the same sound effect or similar to the ones in massis Nato SF spetz weapon pack

The rails, don't worry about that, I already have a picatinny rail conversion model ready. ;)

A few observations mate:

The magazine housing is too close to the pistol grip.

The top cover of the handguard is too short whilst the handguard itself is too long forward of the gas-block. (A1 handguard too?)

The TMH itself seems a little compacted towards the forward end.

The carrying handle looks a little off somehow; possibly too short and slightly too angular.

Saying that; it looks to be an improvement over your other one dude. The barrel certainly looks better. Keep it up.

1: The magazine seemed to be slightly different on several different models, I wasn't sure which one to work with.

2: This is an A2 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/L85A2.JPEG, it has the same Handguard, you must be referring to the airsoft model which is completely different.

3:No idea what you mean by TMH

4: Maybe, but during the modeling process I noticed a ton of variants, I'm not concerned.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Kiory

I'm not referring to an airsoft gun. You're right, it's an A2 handguard.

The magazine housing doesn't differ in distance on any SA80. Be it L85, L85A1, L85A2.

TMH is the Trigger Mechanism Housing. It's the main body of the weapon.

I heard from a friend in The Regiment that Royals train with airsoft, so it's a forgivable mistake to make Redders.

Edit: should say, bloody nice model though. Top work :)

Edited by friznit2

*feedbacky stuff*

I think some of that may look that way due to the wide-angle perspective being used for the renders. It causes extension and shortening of the image depending on how far from the centre of the frame, an object is.

Any plans for a LSW version after you're done with this?

Yes, and a carbine.

Full source release, and if I knew how to do server keys I would, saying that, if the source is open, then you can do it yourself right? ;)

Full source release, and if I knew how to do server keys I would, saying that, if the source is open, then you can do it yourself right? ;)
That's why I asked if you would be offering at least a partial release. ;) The textures would be cool, but configs and models are more educational.

What are you planning sound wise? Might wanna consider some pros at that like LordJarHead.

Anyway those screens look amazing!

grenade version is planned, I'll see if I can have a word with one of dem pro's, I really want this to sound the part this time round.

LOTR music in your livestream ftw. One sec, twitch is being dumb.

Also will this work with the SUSAT?

eventually the susat will only be compatible with this version, as it's not really supposed to fit on weaver/picatinny style rails.

No plans for a Picatinny rail adapter-installed version? (Seeing as BI has already gone down the "different variations of the same sight" not just in reticle color but also the distances that they're zeroed to.) And is any of this in light of the new attachment config method revealed on dev branch?

Like I said, I have already modeled a picatinny rail conversion thing, it just needs texturing etc, also what new attachment method?