BloodoftheScribe

PSD Template for creating custom Whiteboards.

Hey guys! I was working on a mission for my unit and made a few custom whiteboard textures to go along with the briefing and figured I would share it with the community.

This PSD has a blank whiteboard background I created with the shape tool and added some inner shadow, it also has BIS Altis map Whiteboard in there for use with missions. I also included a polaroid frame that is completely resizable, a posted note, and some tape. To get the text effect that I used on the photos below just use a handwritten font and put the layer mode to color burn(doesn't matter for black font, but looks good with the red).

To use it in your map:

-Find your mission folder and create a new folder called Pics(or whatever you want, I use "Tex" for Textures, if you dont already have one) and place your saved .PAA in there.

(I save my file in photoshop as a PNG and open it in TEXVIEW and select DXT1 and save as .PAA)

-Go into your mission and lay down a blank whiteboard

-In the whiteboards INIT type This setObjectTexture [0, "*FOLDERNAME*\*FILENAME*.PAA"]; (Ex: this setObjectTexture [0, "Tex\My_Awesome_Whiteboard.paa"]; )

-Save and preview the Mission.

Photos (Colors are distorted to get the file size under 100kb):

2qs5mpi.gif

e70wg2.gif

24pw6xe.gif

Download:

Armaholic Here

Edited by BloodoftheScribe

Really cool idea, adds an extra touch of personalization to the mission. Nice one :yay:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very nice... Thanks for sharing!

Dirty Haz

What kind of font did you use in your demo image? I'm trying to find a font that I like, and that looks great.

Just found this and gotta say its very cool!

Thanks for sharing this..great way to put server info up!

JC

Say, could a .XCF version for us (Gimp users) who are too poor to have Photoshop be an option?

Incredibly useful to a add an immersive touche, thanks a lot for that addon BloodoftheScribe.

Saw this sometime ago, gone to use it today and link says file is missing :O Nooooooooo! lol

As far as I knew GIMP could open PDF Files?

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

Saw this sometime ago, gone to use it today and link says file is missing :O Nooooooooo! lol

Sorry I will take care of it as soon as I can.

Edit:

You can download it from Here

Edited by BloodoftheScribe

Great template, thank you very much!