Sign in to follow this  
Ezekiel225

Us marines ready

I can't get either of the FAVs to work, it just crashes back to the desktop.

Me to! It crashes back to the desktop all the time. Can you fix it please? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't get either of the FAVs to work, it just crashes back to the desktop.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Me to! It crashes back to the desktop all the time. Can you fix it please? <span id='postcolor'>

As you can read on the website both versions of the FAV are for 1.46. We are working on versions for 1.75.

The marine pack is the one i am talking about and it says 1.75? Why have 1.75 on the marine pack when it ctd?

i have 1.75 and it works fine for me, are you sure you installed all the pbo's that came with it?

Yes I fixed it! I had to many addons. Thanks great addon this.

I dont seem to have any FAV's with the addon :/

Where are they? Not under armored...right? confused.gif

Well...the Marines Addon ist really good, much better than just another Plane oder Helicopter.

I never liked the look of the old Soldiers, they never looked right, exept the resitance ones.

But there is one big letdown in this addon...

Handguns dont show in the hands of all marines...you can use them, but the 3D model will not apear.

They're pretty good smile.gif Are there any plans for a better version of the AAV or desert camo?? A USMC Huey would go good with them too!

The sniper with the turned back hat is kind of annoying, and Marine pilots should have camo coverings for there helmets, to symbolize that while they are pilots, they are there to support the grunts. One last gripe: You should have edited the M60E3 so that it doesnt suck as bad as the current M60. Right now its useless. Nice model though  smile.gif

Aside from this stuff, good work. Also, I dont suppose you could work on an addon Steyr Scout? Thats a preferred weapon of the Marine scout sniper

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (P8ntM98 @ Aug. 25 2002,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They're pretty good  smile.gif Are there any plans for a better version of the AAV or desert camo?? A USMC Huey would go good with them too!<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. A better AAV and some type of USMC helicopter transport helicopter would be very nice. Right now I'm just using the little birds to transport the recon teams or the chinooks to transport larger Marine forces. However it would be lovely to have something like a big CH-53D or the MH-53J Pavelow III helicopter for transporting these Marine units.

A CH-46 Sea Knight USMC transport helicopter would also be cool.

Also one bug...when they wear NVG's you don't see the NVG's on their faces. Also the AT-4 replaces the LAW rocket so there really isn't a need for the LAW unless it's for the reloadable rockets which of coarse isn't realistic as the real LAW, like the AT-4 is a one shot, non-reloadable rocket, but in OFP that's often very valuable if going up against alot of armor.

A SMAW rocket would be nice also. That's similar to the Carl Gustav but is used by the USMC. The SMAW is capable of penetrating the turret armor of a T-72.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have 1 suggestion there is no medic for the recon team. You should make a medic for the recon. By the way I love these marines! They are excelent with flippers m4a1 addon pack, but what would realy be nice would be a helo. Perhaps a CH-46 sea knight? Hope you add a medic for the recon team. You could just moddel him like the marine recon and just add a medicpatch on his arm and back.

The marines dont have any of fliper's m4s. Would be better than BIS's XM. (looping sounds are horrible, dont know why it was made that way)

I know they dont use his pack. But they can if u add in the editor in the units in field wow.gif

After seeing many people that asked for a update for the marines, Frandsen decided to change/fix a few things. Today a update will be released. New features:

- Marines carry handguns.

- Recon marines can heal each other. ( thx to there special training biggrin.gif )

So check www.ofp.info/talesofwar in a couple of hours. smile.gif

Emmm...Tracer18: since I dont see Frandsen posting here in this thread - tell him that I have that "strange feeling" that some parts of his M4 SOPMOD are taken from my M4A1s...without asking, off course...and that I want an explanation! confused.gif

FlipeR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FlipeR @ Aug. 29 2002,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Emmm...Tracer18: since I dont see Frandsen posting here in this thread - tell him that I have that "strange feeling" that some parts of his M4 SOPMOD are taken from my M4A1s...without asking, off course...and that I want an explanation! confused.gif

FlipeR<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, his M4 SOPMOD's look nothing like any of the M4's in your M4 pack.   Even if he did base his model off of your models, it's a massively modified model that must have a taken quite a bit of work to do plus it has different sites, different sounds, ect.. ect...   In addition there are lots of M4 models floating around that he could of used.  

You could have asked him nicely in an email to please give you credit if he based his model off of one of yours rather then dragging accusations out in a public forum.  

Otherwise you better have pretty strong evidence to show that he used your models and not just a "strange feeling".

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Why not reach an aggreement to allow Tales of War to use the M4 pack? Fliper would recive full credit of course, and ToW could save the effort of making something equal to it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Aug. 29 2002,16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not reach an aggreement to allow Tales of War to use the M4 pack? Fliper would recive full credit of course, and ToW could save the effort of making something equal to it.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. That would also save the rest of us from having to keep multiple versions of the same weapons in my addons directory. Otherwise I have to de-PBO the addon and change the weapons to either BIS weapons or other weapon addons that I'm already using.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg: That his m4 doenst look like any of mine M4A1s is clear by looking at them (sad but true confused.gif )! Today I opened his models in O2 and guess what - the SD model uses the very same (here I should write only "the") suppressor model as my on M4A1 SD models... Hmm! A coincidence? Yeah sure tounge.gif

FlipeR

I don't know if the model is same, but basic textures are, which is actually a good thing because they are high quality. I've seen those textures in many M4 addons, but who actually made them?