Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Iraq dares u.s. to wage ground war!

I would like to have opinions on this:

What's the point of "getting Saddam"?

Or, what's the point of "getting Bin Laden"?

I don't know if they are real goals of US, but at least

the media seems to underline the importance of

"getting" someone..

If you imagine that you would be a leader of an anti-US

country, what do you think you could benefit from

"getting George W."?

Its more likely an excuse to rally your people benhind you.

'He's the evil one! If we kill him, all hate in the world will be gone!'

And for the people who say, well it'll stop WMD. He's not building them himself. His generals etc will support it as well. Take the man out, and other people will simply take over.

"why do you think have they kicked out the un-comissioners? because they fu**ed their wifes? dont think so"

Uhm, because they were spying for the US? Because several CIA agents went in with the UN inspectors? Nah, it couldnt be that could it??!

Why would any anti-US leader consider to get GW Bush? He is their best ally. While he is good in playing tunes that appeal the people in his nation, internationally the reputation has dropped significally within the western world as well as in middle east (and he would need them in a campaign against Iraq)...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 21 2002,09:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whatever Iraq had before now they signed huge contract with Russia (its either 40 billion or 40 million) so they are not as defenseless as you think! <span id='postcolor'>

Can you back this statement with some evidence? I doubt Iraq has that kind of capital. Plus Russia would be commiting a huge international relations no-no, given the fact that they are desperate for money to pump into their ailing economy. Such actions might cause them to not receive help from the IMF.<span id='postcolor'>

This is very true, as far as i know they got 40 million....

Guest Scooby

Deal beetween Iraq and Russia is within limits that UN set to Iraq. They wont be getting weapons from Russia.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Aug. 22 2002,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"why do you think have they kicked out the un-comissioners? because they fu**ed their wifes? dont think so"

Uhm, because they were spying for the US? Because several CIA agents went in with the UN inspectors? Nah, it couldnt be that could it??!<span id='postcolor'>

and how about the fact that after that UN tried to present European only inspectors and Iraq refused?

What I am wondering is why Saddam shouldn't give the Western world the finger. With all the sanctions, it's only normal!

as always it works both ways. although sanction is hard on him and his ppl, it also insulates him and Iraq away from possible change in ppl's mind. with sanction on, he can clearly present the 'evidence' that western countries are out to get muslims.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Aug. 22 2002,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"why do you think have they kicked out the un-comissioners? because they fu**ed their wifes? dont think so"

Uhm, because they were spying for the US? Because several CIA agents went in with the UN inspectors? Nah, it couldnt be that could it??!<span id='postcolor'>

Other nations spy on the U.S. you don't see us kicking out every chinese looking person out do you ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Aug. 22 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Aug. 22 2002,10wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"why do you think have they kicked out the un-comissioners? because they fu**ed their wifes? dont think so"

Other nations spy on the U.S. you don't see us kicking out every chinese looking person out do you ?<span id='postcolor'>

no, we just accuse them of charges that are blown out of proportion biggrin.giftounge.gif ...wen ho lee anyone?

the UN inspection team was supposed to be an inspection team, not spying.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 22 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Aug. 22 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Aug. 22 2002,10wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"why do you think have they kicked out the un-comissioners? because they fu**ed their wifes? dont think so"

Other nations spy on the U.S. you don't see us kicking out every chinese looking person out do you ?<span id='postcolor'>

no, we just accuse them of charges that are blown out of proportion  <!--emo&biggrin.gif  tounge.gif ...wen ho lee anyone?

the UN inspection team was supposed to be an inspection team, not spying.<span id='postcolor'>

Spying on what though ? On their chemical weapons ? I don't think the CIA really care about what iraq has as in weapons ,tanks ,and planes.So if they was just spying on his chemical weapons.I truly don't see the problem.

Check this out.

CIA agents did place numerous devices in other facilities too. mostly places where they couldn't find chemicals. inspection and spying is two different things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Aug. 22 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Check this out.<span id='postcolor'>

not surprising.

enemy's enemy is your firend, and at that time, Iran was Iraqs enemy and Iran was US's enemy.

so basically Reagan fucked up in long run.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 22 2002,03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Should America, Britain and France go and help Russia with its war in Chechnya since Russia saved their arses in WW2?

And not just a biased statement, If Russia hadnt had most of the German Armed forces attacking it, the war for the other Allies could have gone very diffrent.<span id='postcolor'>

How does that translate into Russia saving America's asses? By that same logic you could say America save Russia's ass because if America wasn't in it then the Germans could have commited almost all of their forces to the Eastern front.

I think Iraq building it's nukes right now is like Germany's build-up prior to World War II. Something has to be done to stop him from lobbing a nuke at Israel or having someone sneak it into America. You think a regime change would be destabilizing? Saddam's nuclear program would be very destabilizing.

4 planes, 2 tower collapse, 1 serious destruction and 1 crash in to pennsylvania made whole world give yes to US to go into Afghanistan.

Should ANYONE(including US) use nuclear weapons without justification, that country can say good bye to its existence. the whole world saw Hiroshima and Nagasaki and they are not going to stand for it. should Iraq nuke Israel, Iraq can say bye bye to any support from Arab nations, let alone rest of the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Aug. 21 2002,22:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Aug. 22 2002,06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally I hope that they don't have any new SAMS.  I have no desire to see any Coalition planes shot down.<span id='postcolor'>

You are making the assumption that there will BE a coalition should there be a Gulf War II.

I dont think there is a great deal of support anywhere outside the US for aggression against Iraq.  Sure no one wants them developing WMD, but unless the US can provide conclusive and irrefutable evidence of such weapons, I doubt there will be many nations joining the attack.

I guess time will tell.  Personally I think that while Saddam is a pretty nasty bastard, I dont think he is insane enough to give the US a reason to attack.<span id='postcolor'>

I should have explained myself more on that parting comment. I wasn't speaking of a second gulf war, I was speaking of the multi-national forces enforcing the no fly zones right now.

I totally agree with you. Sadaam enjoys being at the top of his local heap. It is not a matter of him giving the U.S. a reason to attack, but more a matter of giving the rest of the world a reason to let the U.S. attack.

I guess the corollary to that is that even if the U.S. provided the information that would damn Iraq, most people would choose not to believe it because of the way this current administration has gone about things.... :\

I did not say the American way of Freedom. smile.gif I mean freedom that every human deserves. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 22 2002,01:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yet another time I just wanna say... nuke 'em all  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What about the iraq civilians? Do you feel you are more worth than them? Or should Saddam or any other country just "Nuke America"? And shit on its people?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 22 2002,01:56)

Yet another time I just wanna say... nuke 'em all

What about the iraq civilians? Do you feel you are more worth than them? Or should Saddam or any other country just "Nuke America"? And shit on its people?<span id='postcolor'>

I do believe he was kidding. wink.gif

I was, I guess from now on I have to put <joking> </joking> before and after all the times I'll kid around or joke.

I would have thought that the little winky eye would identify the joking nature of it all, but oh well.

I'm NOT american, and I have a lot of problems with United States policy, especially that in regards to the UN (They effectively pulled out of the war crimes court so that their soldiers would not be held accountable for said war crimes)

However... being a Canadian, I consider the people of the US my closest allies in the world (hey, we're the only two people in the world who are allowed to build american weapons (without a thorough security check) , so *shrugs* what can I say wink.gif ).

Saddam is an evil dictator, who poisons possibly the only progressive middle eastern society in the north of his country (the Kurds). He invades tiny nations for oil rights and to subjugate some new faces, and acts like a cocky little weasel, barking loudly until the nighttime when the birds of prey come out to feast. He needs to be removed from power, and his loyalist forces need to be cut down to size. The US should go forth with its normal actions of air strikes followed by a swift ground conflict. This isn't the middle ages after all, pure ground wars are done with.

And for those who think that world war III is going to be sparked in Iraq... it wont. Reality dictates that it's not an important enough of a country. If the US wants to start world war 3, and I wouldn't be happier if it did start (it would certainly put my infantry training to use instead of filling sandbags and directing traffic) it would have to invade a 'friendly' nation that offers a great prize of a target, like Canada, which is resource heavy, water heavy, electricity heavy and poorly defended.

In short... no important country = no world conflict. Iraq = hated, unimportant country.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nuddicrous @ Aug. 22 2002,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If the US wants to start world war 3, and I wouldn't be happier if it did start (it would certainly put my infantry training to use instead of filling sandbags and directing traffic)<span id='postcolor'>

You forgot the wink.gif right?

You do not realize that you might not fire a shot in this WW3. Or that you will be tortured for weeks. Don't think of war as something you can really master as a soldier, because if your side loses 1 man, it could be you!