massi

US Marine Corp and MARSOC units A3

Thing with that is, for sake of realism I showed your uniforms to a couple Marines that I know and have used this very uniform. As quoted from them "It looks nothing like Marine Corps Tricolor". Not to bust your chops but if your going to make a realistic texture of a REAL uniform you should fix what is wrong, not leave it because you think its what you want. Its not Massi's custom woodland texture your replicating a real pattern. just saying.

Hi, I got the point, something that could really help is if you cold point me on few references I could use to improve the pattern, since from what you're reporting the ones I used are not close to the real one.

here are some references of marsoc marines

http://i42.tinypic.com/mcyubk.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9053/86120449635304373502240.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/5061/1r9h.jpg

Dirty Version - has a flat look to it, looks dirty but not bright.

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/13/56/44/49/9hjexu10.jpg

Edited by mumblz

As usual OUTSTANDING work!

Request:

Would it be possible in a future update to add some recon uniforms to the divers backpacks? This way they can insert via say SDV, and then continue the mission in recon gear on land. Unless we can put an ammo/gear crate in the SDV????

Second, you have the best gear/ammo boxes out there, can you add in the UAV terminal to your gear crate?

Lastly, can you add the HK series of weapons to your gear box???

Thank you for another great release!!!

Simper Fi

Lavbo

As usual OUTSTANDING work!

Request:

Would it be possible in a future update to add some recon uniforms to the divers backpacks? This way they can insert via say SDV, and then continue the mission in recon gear on land. Unless we can put an ammo/gear crate in the SDV????

Second, you have the best gear/ammo boxes out there, can you add in the UAV terminal to your gear crate?

Lastly, can you add the HK series of weapons to your gear box???

Thank you for another great release!!!

Simper Fi

Lavbo

Hi,

First of all thats a lot for the advices ;)

The fact is that I already added uniforms to divers backpack but for some misterious reason they're not showing up, same for vest.

I asked on Arma3 editing section of the forum too, but no answers, the funny thing is that they used to work in the Alpha then in later updates they did'n work anymore.

If anyone know a solution for this please let me know and I'll be happy to implement the fix, by the way this is the config of the diver pack in my addons:

class B_mas_mar_FieldPack_blk_DiverTL : B_FieldPack_blk_DiverExp {

maximumLoad = 500;

mass = 40;

displayName = "Diver Assault bag";

class TransportMagazines {

class _xx_HandGrenade {

magazine = "HandGrenade";

count = 2;

};

class _xx_SmokeShell {

magazine = "SmokeShell";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_SmokeShellRed {

magazine = "SmokeShellRed";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_SmokeShellGreen {

magazine = "SmokeShellGreen";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_SmokeShellYellow {

magazine = "SmokeShellYellow";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_SmokeShellPurple {

magazine = "SmokeShellPurple";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_SmokeShellBlue {

magazine = "SmokeShellBlue";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_SmokeShellOrange {

magazine = "SmokeShellOrange";

count = 1;

};

};

class TransportItems {

class _xx_H_mas_mar_helmet_pro_bala_b {

name = "H_mas_mar_helmet_pro_bala_b";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_U_mas_mar_B_CombatUniform_wood_vest {

name = "U_mas_mar_B_CombatUniform_wood_vest";

count = 1;

};

class _xx_V_mas_mar_ChestrigB_rgr {

name = "V_mas_mar_ChestrigB_rgr";

count = 1;

};

};

};

If someone know how to fix it please tell me ;)

Regards

massi

massi, thank you for your response. I put in a ticket on the feedback tracker to have the fins attached to the rebreather in stead of the wetsuit, but I don't think they looked at it.

It would really be helpful for those infiltration missions.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Here are some screens I did.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182193007

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182193112

Hope these work.

I'd love to see a AH-1Z Viper modified for ArmA III standards and a UH-1Y Venom too once the A2 Models are released, because then this mod would be complete other than the need for:

M1A3 Abrams MBT

LAV-25 (probably change the number to represent a new version such as the LAV-32)

AAVP7A1 (because its probably going to still be in service according to some sources)

CH-46 Phrog (Cause why not, its the Red Dragons in the 15th MEU)

MTVR (Because the LVSR is to fricking long, and also the MTVR is by the same people)

and of course the MV-22 Ospret (tiltrotors like a boss)

Hi Massi, have you ever considered doing a global “Massi Units Pack†that would contains all your units and weapons together?

I am a big fan of your mods and would sometimes like to use few of those in the same mission. But I would feel better asking people to have the “Mass Units Pack†instead of having 4 or 5 of those.

What do you think?

Hi Massi, have you ever considered doing a global “Massi Units Pack†that would contains all your units and weapons together?

I am a big fan of your mods and would sometimes like to use few of those in the same mission. But I would feel better asking people to have the “Mass Units Pack†instead of having 4 or 5 of those.

What do you think?

Why don't you try creating an @Units mod folder and put all of massi's PBO's in there.

I do that for units(@Units), weapons(@Weapons) and vehicles(@Vehicles) etc.

Makes for a tidy Arma3 root folder and easier launch paramaters.

What do you think?

he is already working on that so no worries about it ok

Here is hoping these all get added to play with six soon too! :)

Hi,

Jester814 from the 15th MEU Realism Unit made another great showcase video for USMC units:

Thanks a lot Jester ;)

Also if anyone could tell me how to add my addons to Play With Six I'll be very happy to do that, since I have no idea now ;) !

Regards

massi

hey massi !

ty for this great units ! we are using the marines on our server .. its an must have for our US marines veterans

have u ever thought about to retexture the backpacks ?

would be great to see the carryall backpack in the MEU desert camo !

Massi I have another feature request. The Independent helmets in woodland tricolor (as I asked in the wrong thread) and also, if possible, the Tri-Color Desert uniform? It would be awesome :D (I know it is in the SOCOM DEVGRU pack but it would be cool if it was in this pack as well.)

Edited by Pellejones

when I go to launch the game with the add-on in place it continues to tell me the file requires 'mas_weapons' but I have all the required add-ons for this specific add-on so things such as the packs do not work at all is there a missing component in the add-on itself or did I do something incorrectly?

You have to download massis's

nato russian sf weapon pack

It will probably make no more error message

I really want to know how to turn off that error message with out that addon

already downloaded both and placed both mods correctly but I still get the same error message

Edited by Johnnykal89

Can anyone help?

I am trying to get the Massi mods working on my server (Vilayer 30 slot) and keep coming across the same issue. All the mods are installed correctly in the root directory as @ folders. The mas.bikey is in the key folder and this is my config line -

mod=@CBA_A3;@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_v 1.01;@mas;@African_conflict_A3_v1.0;@Rus_Spet_A3_v 1.0 -name=DefaultServer -profiles=DefaultServer -config=DefaultServer\server.cfg -cfg=DefaultServer\basic.cfg -ip=##.###.###.## -port=####

I am trying to run them on the latest annihilation map - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22920

But i Keep getting this in the .rpt no matter what I do -

21:04:09 Unsupported language English in stringtable

21:04:09 Missing addons detected:

21:04:09 mas_usa_devg_b

21:04:09 mas_usa_rang_r

I also get similar when trying to run other missions using these mods (home made and from the steam workshop). They work fine on my PC but not on the server.

I have added the patch for dedicated server but still the above issue, I have checked the addon folder to make sure all files are there and they match my PC steam folders where the mods work fine.

The RH M4/M16, STHUD and MCC mods work fine on the server, it is just the Massi ones.

I have deleted and re-installed the mod folders on the server just in case but still getting the error, can anyone help?

Firstly, Thank you massi for this awesome mod along with all the others. I'm having trouble finding the "config names?idk" for these factions (ie. Blue_F; OPF_F) but for Marines and Spetsnas. Pardon my ignorance if it has been right in my face, and my lack of proper jargon. Thanks!

Thank you for this mod!!! They work great with the PLA mod, a realistic situation and great features with good units!

Do you plan to re-do the MARPAT textures? As they are a bit blurry, not bad at all but just in need of a little sharpening me thinks (Unless it's my computer bugging out which does happen :p)

Can anyone help?

I am trying to get the Massi mods working on my server (Vilayer 30 slot) and keep coming across the same issue. All the mods are installed correctly in the root directory as @ folders. The mas.bikey is in the key folder and this is my config line -

mod=@CBA_A3;@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_v 1.01;@mas;@African_conflict_A3_v1.0;@Rus_Spet_A3_v 1.0 -name=DefaultServer -profiles=DefaultServer -config=DefaultServer\server.cfg -cfg=DefaultServer\basic.cfg -ip=##.###.###.## -port=####

I am trying to run them on the latest annihilation map - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22920

But i Keep getting this in the .rpt no matter what I do -

21:04:09 Missing addons detected:

21:04:09 mas_usa_devg_b

21:04:09 mas_usa_rang_r

I also get similar when trying to run other missions using these mods (home made and from the steam workshop). They work fine on my PC but not on the server.

I have added the patch for dedicated server but still the above issue, I have checked the addon folder to make sure all files are there and they match my PC steam folders where the mods work fine.

The RH M4/M16, STHUD and MCC mods work fine on the server, it is just the Massi ones.

I have deleted and re-installed the mod folders on the server just in case but still getting the error, can anyone help?

You are getting errors for missing Massi's USSOCOM 75th Ranger, Navy SEALs DEVGRU and Delta Force, not this mod. Which is part of the annihilation mission requirements.

wtsc.jpg

by massi

US Marine Corp and MARSOC units for ARMA3

Hi all,

It’ time for my USMC units update, as for other units pack , I’ve updated armor config values to meet BI standards, and added new launchers and weapons from my latest NATO SF/Spetsnaz weapons version.

Also thanks to A2/OA MLODs I ported the A2 USMC helmets to equip the units , and I’ve added specific groups to make the units compatible with Alive mod.

All info and details are listed in description and features.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new update !

Description

This addon is a retexture of NATO units and vehicles, It adds several camouflage uniforms plus custom headgear and gear in order to represent USMC and MARSOC units in following types :

US Marines Corps:

- MARSOC: operators in woodland camo with wide variety of shirts for every kind of environment from desert to temperate and wooden areas.

- MARSOC Direct Action: operators in green coverall suite for CQB and naval operations.

- MARSOC(Para): MARSOC units equipped with parachutes ready to be deployed fom the sky.

- MEU WOODLAND: Marines units for temperate and wooden areas.

- MEU DESERT: Marines units for arid and desert environments.

- MEU ARCTIC: Marines units for arctic and snow environments.

- Recon WOODLAND: Recon units for temperate and wooden areas, both in heavy and light gear.

- Recon DESERT: Recon units for arid and desert environments, both in heavy and light gear.

- Recon ARCTIC: Recon units for arctic and snow environments, both in heavy and light gear.

- USMC(Vehicles): A3 vehicles retextured and adapted with USMC gear and crews: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, Mortar, all static weapons, helicopters, armed offroad, logistic vehicles.

- USMC(Support): Ammo bearers units, pilot and crew.

- USMC(Divers): MARSOC divers units ready to be deployed fom the sea.

- USMC(Snipers): USMC snipers and spotters in ghillie suite marsoc wood , desert, woodland and arctic.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with M16A4, M4A1, M249, Mk48, M24, M240, M107, M9 and ACP from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets and headgear.

- Heavy gear assault units for all the camos.

- Recon units for all the camos in 2 version "heavy" (Helmets and NVGs) and "light" (soft headgear).

- Ghillie suite snipers and spotter units for all the camos.

- Paras and Divers units already equipped with parachutes and diver gear respectively.

- Retextured and adapted A3 vehicles: Quad, MRAPs, APC, Boat, Speedboat, SDV, static weapons, helicopters, trucks wich have custom crews and gear loadout.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- Divers have their backpack with uniform, chest rig and helmet inside already to make them change clothes once ashore, plus their normal stuff (NOT WORKING ATM).

- There are 2 weapon boxes one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Classlist and groups included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

US Marines Corps - USMC (sorted by camo\type)

Same for groups:

US Marines Corps - USMC (sorted by camo\type)

For ALIVE mod users config faction\groups name: mas_usa_mars

You’ll find all classnames in the classname file included in the folder.

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack Here

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.1 date 06/FEB/2014

- added compatibility with ALIVE MOD

- added new weapons and launchers from my NATO Sf/SPETSNAZ weapons pack

- added A2 Marines helmets

- added breacher units

-updated signatures keys

- updated armor values to meet BI standards

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies : thanks a lot for for PSO reticles textures !

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qlpal0787k8lc8l/USMC_A3_v1.1.7z

BI Forum link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165080-US-Marine-Corp-and-MARSOC-units-A3

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi