Sign in to follow this  
Gnix

Campaign complaint (MP fanboys need not apply)

So you guys were serious when you decided to delay half the game? I see a lot of folks say "well, multiplayer is the whole point of Arma". No it isn't. Battlefield is supposed to be an MP only title. Red Orchestra is supposed to be an MP only game. But Arma? It's ALWAYS had a campaign since Cold War Crisis. So take your "MP is God" attitude back to the PS3 where it belongs. I've tried MP, and it's horrid. If you're not part of a "Clan" or....sorry...."Squad", and if you don't have a mic, then good luck getting anywhere. There's doorknobs yelling at everyone to get out of this, put that uniform on, don't do this, don't do that. Really???? What the hell kind of experience is that? IT ISN'T THE MILITARY, IT'S A GAME. A half finished one at that. And Bohemia? Quit patting yourselves on the back and get back to work on the rest of the game. Besides, the FPS is so horrific in MP it makes it almost unplayable, even on pretty heavy systems. So how about giving us something for the money we spent, while you guys sort out whatever you did......or didn't do.

P.S. I know this comment will be banned because for some reason the Mods around here don't allow personal opinions or the sort and only leave open threads where people are being overly-friendly or kissing on up to the staff.

Wat. They allow the stuff. Have you seen the tons of open complaint threads? Stop hogging for attention with this stupid "hurr ur gon ban me aniwai so Imma show you wat I gotta say, yeeeeeaaa, stickin it to the man"

Grow up.

The campaign is coming. Hopefully more finished than the game. I'd rather wait a little longer than get something broken again. Also, SP missions and Editor. Be proactive, build something of your own!

are you all geting payed, for all the non stop whining threads? May i know by whom, so ima might want to earn some cash too.

are you all geting payed, for all the non stop whining threads? May i know by whom, so ima might want to earn some cash too.

Look at this way. There's a lot of us who bought the beta and knew what we were getting on release day thru th3 dev - branch. Many others paid MORE (retail) for this title only to be awakened with what they got. Saying "it's coming"and "stop whining" is in no way a proper response to these paying customers. They have every right to be upset and vent. These are often people browsing the game store and coming upon ARMA3, they watch videos, look at images and decide to plop down $50. They aren't expecting to not be able to play.

From a business perspective, releasing in this way was a colossal PR mistake. I can only assume they needed an influx of capital to continue development.

It ranks up there with Duke Nuke Forever, Aliens Colonel Marines (Gearbox has made a habit of this) and even WarZ in terms of bad releases. People don't want to buy a retail game and wait three months to get what they thought they were getting.

To be honest, the BI CEO needs to get out ahead of this and release an open apology, explaining the circumstances. It'd do a lot to stem the hate and start to rebuild the fractured appearance. Otherwise, they risk having all future releases suffer.

Edited by KyleK29

Look at this way. There's a lot of us who bought the beta and knew what we were getting on release day thru th3 dev - branch. Many others paid MORE (retail) for this title only to be awakened with what they got. Saying "it's coming"and "stop whining" is in no way a proper response to these paying customers. They have every right to be upset and vent. These are often people browsing the game store and coming upon ARMA3, they watch videos, look at images and decide to plop down $50. They aren't expecting to not be able to play.

From a business perspective, releasing in this way was a colossal PR mistake. I can only assume they needed an influx of capital to continue development.

It ranks up there with Duke Nuke Forever, Aliens Colonel Marines (Gearbox has made a habit of this) and even WarZ in terms of bad releases. People don't want to buy a retail game and wait three months to get what they thought they were getting.

To be honest, the BI CEO needs to get out ahead of this and release an open apology, explaining the circumstances. It'd do a lot to stem the hate and start to rebuild the fractured appearance. Otherwise, they risk having all future releases suffer.

Its fine and understandable to be mad, its not to spam the forums with tons of posts that are insensible, non-logical, and seem like they took 0 seconds of consideration to write. Let me pick apart this particular post for you.

So you guys were serious when you decided to delay half the game?

I understand that many peoples opinions can differ on what makes a game, but to state that the campaign is "half the game" on a platform that enables people to make elaborate single player missions in mere hours sounds ludacris, even to a single-player fan like myself

I see a lot of folks say "well, multiplayer is the whole point of Arma". No it isn't.

Who are you to decide this, the video game god?

Battlefield is supposed to be an MP only title. Red Orchestra is supposed to be an MP only game. But Arma? It's ALWAYS had a campaign since Cold War Crisis.

Battlefield has a single player campaign, and in previous installments, such as the Bad Company series, I thought that the campaign was actually well done and pretty clever. Although ArmA has had campaigns in all the previous installments, they tend to be buggy and in some cases, broken.

So take your "MP is God" attitude back to the PS3 where it belongs.

Wait, so even every previous installment of ArmA has had a campaign, and ArmA 3 has single player scenarios (12 I think?), single player firing range missions, AND THE ABILITY TO DOWNLOAD AND CREATE A INFINITE AMOUNT OF SINGLE PLAYER MISSIONS, all because ONE game had a DELAYED campaign, they are now making a MP-only games for PS3? Dafaq?

I've tried MP, and it's horrid. If you're not part of a "Clan" or....sorry...."Squad", and if you don't have a mic, then good luck getting anywhere.

I do believe that this statement is somewhat true though. Your MP experience is signifigantly worse if you aren't in a dedicated squad or clan, and without a mic, I sometimes find MP difficult to enjoy, although certain gamemodes (Domination, Warfare/CTI, Wasteland, Life) can still be fun, even when you are "lone wolfing"

There's doorknobs yelling at everyone to get out of this, put that uniform on, don't do this, don't do that. Really???? What the hell kind of experience is that? IT ISN'T THE MILITARY, IT'S A GAME.

This is by far the silliest and most Ludacris thing in this entire rant. REPORTERS, GET YOUR PENS AND PADS READY, VIDEO GAME TRIES TO USE SUBVERT TACTICS TO GET GAMERS TO ENLIST IN THE MILITARY! ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY MAN! I'm sorry, but I don't know how this relates AT ALL to the lack of a campaign. Also, try being in the military. Guarantee you its a much different experience then playing ArmA 3

A half finished one at that. And Bohemia? Quit patting yourselves on the back and get back to work on the rest of the game. Besides, the FPS is so horrific in MP it makes it almost unplayable, even on pretty heavy systems. So how about giving us something for the money we spent, while you guys sort out whatever you did......or didn't do.

Half finished in a very few aspects? Yes. Most core gameplay elements? No. Also, what do you think BI are doing right now, breaking out the Champaign and getting ready to live the rest of their lives on Lemnos in retirement? No, they stated numerous times before this that they would be working on the game extensively after release, and they have already shown proof of this (Dev branch FTW). FPS Issue, I agree, but BI is working on improving it.

I must admit I love playing arma and got all the others and was really looking forward to arma3. see u guys doing the alpha and the beta. but guys I am also gutted I paid £40 for this game and to be honest im not happy that it hasn't got its campaign and other stuff,i would have waited and got the full game to be honest.im preaty sure when I brought arma2 it had everything in there.i know u have updates and patches that's great.but to send arma 3 out as a finished game think that's abit naughty really as the game isn't finished is it. I have read that u want to get it right and running good but isn't that the reason for alpha and beta.

I know it will come but really its not the point

I must admit I love playing arma and got all the others and was really looking forward to arma3. see u guys doing the alpha and the beta. but guys I am also gutted I paid £40 for this game and to be honest im not happy that it hasn't got its campaign and other stuff,i would have waited and got the full game to be honest.im preaty sure when I brought arma2 it had everything in there.i know u have updates and patches that's great.but to send arma 3 out as a finished game think that's abit naughty really as the game isn't finished is it. I have read that u want to get it right and running good but isn't that the reason for alpha and beta.

I know it will come but really its not the point

They probably needed the extra money (from upping the price to $60/whatever-the-other-equivalents-are). Plus, they probably wanted to release before the other AAA games released (Now, someone might say that Arma 3 is a different genre/has no competition, but not true. That comes from the assumption that everyone here only plays Arma. Any shooter is competition for Arma as most casual players, which are the majority of gamers, lump all games with guns into a broad shooter genre).

From a business perspective, releasing in this way was a colossal PR mistake.

@Just this point: Was it?

They released it now, get some attetion (cover on Steam!). A month later campaign, some content and fixes: on the spotlight again (not as big, but you get it). Again, at least, two more times! The 12th release wasn't great, but it wasn't THAT bad. If we are going uphill from here (for most people at least...), doesn't make sense to do that?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't BIS stated that they'll be releasing the Campaign in the upcoming month(s)? If so, what's the problem?

MP Players are fanboys now? Find a better server OP, or just wait for the campaign.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't BIS stated that they'll be releasing the Campaign in the upcoming month(s)? If so, what's the problem?

yes they have but I didn't realize that when I brought the game I see it was released and I been waiting for it so I just assumed the game would of had a campaign on release as u do with new games. correct me if im wrong but think arma2 did have when it was released didn't it

Kind of had. The fact you couldn't finish it at most times count on its favour?

BI is trying to avoid that now releasing it later.

Quite frankly, the BIS Campaign is a play-once diversion for me - its the community content that keeps be coming back, and back and back. I agree that if you are buying Arma 3 solely for the purpose of playing BIS-created campaigns and nothing else, you are better off spending your money somewhere else.

I haven't played MP since OFP, and even that I don't really care much about it. I'm unable to see what's the big issue.

It's true that the campaign wasn't in the release day, but it's gonna be added in the next months. I really prefer to wait a few more weeks but have it polished than a unplayable campaign on day 1 like in A2. What is really disappointing is to have a campaign that crashes almost in every mission or after an hour playing you can't finish it because of some bug.

Right now we already have enough scenarios to keep ourselves entertained for a while, and beyond that there is the awesome editor that allow us to create all what we can imagine.

On the other hand we all now that the best Arma series feature is its awesome community that develops lots of addons and scenarios so its difficult to get bored with it.

impatince - is the biggest problem right now. Fact is: BIS overpronounced a lot of stuff, which for matter of time, and other problems, made not in to the game YET. But most of us, already knew few weeks before release, the game won't have campaign, and jets, BUT we will get it as FREE dlc few weeks later. Most of us know, there is a workshop, ther is a mission editor, there is a talented community, which makes tons of cool mission, that can keep you busy untill all the stuff is coming. We could deal with it. But for some, this is really a big problem. Either they don't found out about workshop yet, or that the missing stuff they complain about will come later for free.

Yes, this is not really cool, when some game assents, are unfinished at release, but knowing that it will come abit later for free, could at least cool some heat down.

I got the game cheap at alpha on steam, and I know there is free DLC coming, so I'm not upset at all, just waiting and mostly playing other stuff in the meantime.

But I am curious...If you buy a boxed copy of the game in a shop, does it say anything about a campaign on the box? could you buy it, then get it home and discover it doesn't yet do what it says on the box? just wondering....

BUT we will get it as FREE dlc few weeks later.

i don't know about weeks but yea the game will grow for sure. we are basically still in beta. i just see it as bad management since extending beta wouldn't have hurt anyone. unless they really needed the money. anyways. no point in speculating. maybe just maybe it would be good for BI and not new customers to be more patient and just for once wait until the game is ready. they could've earned some really great reviews this time around since we're helping them test and the game has much more potential this time. but hey. i only payed 30 bucks and all i do is play around with the engine. still feel bad for people who don't.

But I am curious...If you buy a boxed copy of the game in a shop, does it say anything about a campaign on the box? could you buy it, then get it home and discover it doesn't yet do what it says on the box? just wondering....

good question actually.

BIS stated that the campaign was going to be released later as free DLC. You are the one responsible for researching what you are paying for.

Just because you don't feel you were told I am sorry anyone who looked around knew the campaign was DLC.... I am not totally happy about it, and I would be upset overseas on crappy net trying to download it, but I made my choice is all.

Also I tend to point out the community makes this game with addons more then anything.

Edited by MarksInnerDemon

According to menu campaign is coming in October, so not too long then.

Also, what would you have rather had:

1. BI does as-is, game is released not really complete but will fix and add stuff post-release, or

2. BI delays game, loses money, has to lay off staff and we have a game that has an even lesser chance of being what you want?

You are the one responsible for researching what you are paying for.

With regards my comment about a boxed copy, are you sure that trading standards (or your country's equivalent) would see it that way? Because I'm not.

Of course it may be that there is nothing about a campaign on the box, or it might say "campaign to come later", I don't know, I haven't seen one

Just because you don't feel you were told I am sorry anyone who looked around knew the campaign was DLC.... I am not totally happy about it, and I would be upset overseas on crappy net trying to download it, but I made my choice is all.

Also I tend to point out the community makes this game with addons more then anything.

crappy net? In 2013? Oh come on! I have a friend from Dagestan, Russia, living in a settelment, away from big cities. And even he has 6mbits mobile internet, and can download 1+gb patches, ofcourse not so fast, as someone with 60mbit do.

crappy net? In 2013? Oh come on! I have a friend from Dagestan, Russia, living in a settelment, away from big cities. And even he has 6mbits mobile internet, and can download 1+gb patches, ofcourse not so fast, as someone with 60mbit do.

Oh right, well then that must mean it's impossible for anybody anywhere else in the world to have bad internet in 2013 mustn't it.

:icon_rolleyes:

Since this thread, which belongs to already existing threads either way, did not manage to sprout any useful discussion, it's best to be closed before even more warnings or infractions will be needed.

If you wish to further discuss the lack of a campaign at release date, please use the existing threads covering "lack of content" or the campaign. Thank you!