tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

0525 Will not initialize for some reason. I've checked and rechecked my installation and I am leaving the default settings in the config. All files are where they should be as far as I can tell.

EDIT: I think the archive is missing the tpw_mods.pbo,..

What am I? Too many balls in the air at the moment!

Archive updated, sorry about the inconvenience.

• Like 1

You are a rare individual and I appreciate your dedication tpw!

Great mod tpw, thanks for your continuing work. You bring a dead canvas to life!

I made some of my own ogg files from other games and wanted to report it was hilarious to hear V-Rock and Lazlo in Altis and Stratis! Who could have thought Liberty City radio stations would be so popular in the Mediterranean, Europe and Middle East! :D

• Like 3

You keep making it better and better! I have a question about soap. I am using the example code for soap from the script.txt but after putting it in the init in my mission, it is not being listed as activated between the other TPW-scripts. I have saved the script as .sqf in the mission folder. 

I'm using the latest version. I edited the hpp so I would detect AI at a different distance. It still shows them at the default 500m. I originally used the py, made changes and saved. Then went into saved hpp and added the following.

EDIT: Ignore for now. Going to double check launcher setting

/ HUD
tpw_hud_active = 1; // 0 = inactive
tpw_hud_range[] = {25,175}; // effective minimum and maximum range of goggles to scan for units
tpw_hud_vehiclefactor = 1.5; // Detection range multiplication factor for vehicles (eg 1.5 = 750m max detection range for vehicles vs 500m for units)
tpw_hud_colour[] = {1.00,1.00,0.45}; // HUD colour
tpw_hud_friendlycolour[] = {0,1,1}; // friendly colour
//tpw_hud_civcolour[] = {1,1,1}; // civ colour

I'm having a bit of an issue w/Bleedout. Enemies never seem to stay in the disabled state. They play the writhe animation for 5 seconds or so and then go right back to being prone. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

I'm having a bit of an issue w/Bleedout. Enemies never seem to stay in the disabled state. They play the writhe animation for 5 seconds or so and then go right back to being prone. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

I'll have a look into it, thanks for the report.

EDIT: Fixed! Will release with the next update within a day.

• Like 1

I'll have a look into it, thanks for the report.

EDIT: Fixed! Will release with the next update within a day.

Can't wait to try it out, thanks!

Edit: Also,

tpw_bleedout_cthresh = 0.3; // damage beyond which a unit will be forced into crouch

is that the threshold at which wounded enemies will be limping in the new update?

Can't wait to try it out, thanks!

Edit: Also,

tpw_bleedout_cthresh = 0.3; // damage beyond which a unit will be forced into crouch

is that the threshold at which wounded enemies will be limping in the new update?

No, AI will limp when their damage exceeds 0.5, that's the way the engine works.

Sorry for asking another question..... I am really trying to get it to work... I know, I am really not that pc-smart....... 

I am using python to edit it.... but do iwhen i edit it in python it says that some scripts are activated. Then I open my mission and it opens the wrong ones? 

What am I doing wrong? I have read your documents but I cant find the answer.

Thanks for helping me in advance.

Solved it!

TPW,

Long time listener, 5th time caller...

I love the idea of a simple way for a Call to Prayer, but don't need a consistent way to have babies crying or dogs barking (ie, SOAP as a whole).  Is there an easy way, either for me via the editor, or a config setting, to configure what I want to have happen per mission?

If there isn't, I'll survive.  Your mod has been a consistent loaded addon since you released it, so thanks for all of your continued support.

TPW,

Long time listener, 5th time caller...

I love the idea of a simple way for a Call to Prayer, but don't need a consistent way to have babies crying or dogs barking (ie, SOAP as a whole).  Is there an easy way, either for me via the editor, or a config setting, to configure what I want to have happen per mission?

If there isn't, I'll survive.  Your mod has been a consistent loaded addon since you released it, so thanks for all of your continued support.

Cheers gatordev.

You can independently set the volumes for ambient noise, music, azan, house creaking, cries barks. So, just set the ones you don't want to 0.

• Like 2

TPW MODS 20160527: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160527.zip

Changes:

• [FOG 1.35] Added dust storm function: tpw_fog_fnc_duststorm, which uses setfog, viewdistance and particles to simulate the reduced visibility and atmospheric colour changes of dust/smoke. 
  • [bLEEDOUT 1.22] Badly injured units will now stay writhing until healed.
  • [sKIRMISH 1.23] Haze effects after HE, CAS and UAV bombardments. Bomb craters will glow slightly at night to simulate embers.
  • [FALL 1.45] Accomodates changes to hit eventhandler array format in dev build 136354 and greater

I've reacquainted myself with the somewhat arcane BIS particles to bring a couple of new ambience enhancing fx. Rather than bang on about how ace they are, I thought I'd show a few pix.

Dust storm documentation is included with TPW FOG's readme.

tpw_fog_fnc_duststorm: Before and after pix of Dyala Iraq - if ever a map benefitted from dust, this one is it!

dyanofog.jpg

dyafog.jpg

dya2nofog.jpg

dya2fog.jpg

TPW_SKIRMISH, glowing craters, haze:

craters.jpg

• Like 6

^^

Stunning work mate....just stunning

Would be nice to have some bird ambience to fill those beautiful skies, either startled by gunfire/player presence variety, or populate the map based on time of day, early morning through till dusk.

Dear TPW,

After months of trial-and-error, I got it work using Rapture and it is stunning. Don't ask me why I thought it was working before when it was clearly not. But it is perfect. It adds so much realism and immersion. The creaking floor when you search a house. Goosebumps.....

Will you add more sounds to SOAP? For example like slamming doors or windows or any other sounds like people dropping a plate or reloading a gun for example when they hear you entering a room?

Will you add more sounds to SOAP? For example like slamming doors or windows or any other sounds like people dropping a plate or reloading a gun for example when they hear you entering a room?

The beauty of SOAP is the ability to add your own sounds, I'm having a blast with this feature.....not to mention being blown away with new dust storm effects, literally jaw-droppin' moments are being had.

Awesome mod.

Cheers gatordev.

You can independently set the volumes for ambient noise, music, azan, house creaking, cries barks. So, just set the ones you don't want to 0.

Awesome.  I guess it would help if I downloaded the latest version and looked at the config.  Thanks for (yet again) making it so modular.  And dust storms?  Awesome.