tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Gliptal: thanks for the hotfix. Your GUI works fine now (can enable/disable Streetkight and Animations).

However whenever I try and run A3 with TPW_MODS_20160516 and v2.1.2 of your GUI, I encounter the following error: Arma 3 has exited in an unusual manner

With the exit code: 0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

FYI I'm running the latest stable, i.e. 1.60 RC.

This error only occurs with TPW, i.e. it doesn't occur with any of the other 28 mods that I run

Hope that helps

The .hpp my GUI creates seems to be well formed on my end. Try putting the annotated .hpp in the folder; do not run TPW Settings; see if the game runs.

Hi Gliptal and Domokun. Sorry about the issues with settings. The fault for releasing with buggy settings is mine - whilst I'm incredibly grateful to Gliptal for all his work on the GUI, I actually don't use it! The .HPP is just one of a dozen TPW MODS files that I always have open in Notepad++ while I'm coding so I just mke my changes there. 

In the immortal words of Bricktop from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Feed 'em to the pigs Errol.

• Like 1

The .hpp my GUI creates seems to be well formed on my end. Try putting the annotated .hpp in the folder; do not run TPW Settings; see if the game runs.

I tried that and Arma still crashes.

To help you troubleshoot, here's a summary:

default (TPW_MODS_20160516) = 0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

default + v2.1.2 GUI = 0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

default + hpp from v2.12 GUI =  0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

So, any other ideas?

As someone who doesn't play a lot of Singleplayer or make SP missions, your mod is going to force me to do just that.

Amazing work TPW.  Really brilliant.  You've melded my sounds with your own collection and the result is stunning.

It's also pretty amazing to simply have CA Aggressors enabled, go into editor, go to Takistan, place a single playable unit, hit play..and BOOM! an entire living, breathing Afghan city comes to life.

I bow to your talents sir.

As someone who doesn't play a lot of Singleplayer or make SP missions, your mod is going to force me to do just that.

Amazing work TPW. Really brilliant. You've melded my sounds with your own collection and the result is stunning.

It's also pretty amazing to simply have CA Aggressors enabled, go into editor, go to Takistan, place a single playable unit, hit play..and BOOM! an entire living, breathing Afghan city comes to life.

I bow to your talents sir.

Ah. So I take it SOAP isn't working for you on the server? I figured it wasn't but was hoping as I knew you were going to try it. It takes me forever to manually place your sound pack down. Not that it's not worth it (it is!) but holy crap does SOAP do an incredible job doing it automatically!

For me the CAF thing isn't working. I enabled them in the hpp and launched with CAF. Would I be missing anything obvious?

I tried that and Arma still crashes.

To help you troubleshoot, here's a summary:

default (TPW_MODS_20160516) = 0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

default + v2.1.2 GUI = 0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

default + hpp from v2.12 GUI =  0x0000409 - STATUS_STACK_BUFFER_OVERRUN

So, any other ideas?

I think it's an issue with tpw's package, and not with my GUI. Just give him some time and he'll push a fixed version.

This error message pops up - Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found.

Hi Gliptal. I downloaded your latest version and tried to actually run it for a change, but get this error:

S:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS>java -jar "TPW Settings.jar"

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: exec/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)

das attorney: that is my favourite clip on the entire interweb! Now put the kettle on.

autigergrad: Thanks mate, high praise indeed. If you want to blow your mind try TPW SOAP + CAF + Diyala Iraq. 

I'm currently working on a Greek ambience pack for Altis/Stratis. 

This error message pops up - Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found.

I looked and I found this file too.

Hi Gliptal. I downloaded your latest version and tried to actually run it for a change, but get this error:

S:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS>java -jar "TPW Settings.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: exec/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)

das attorney: that is my favourite clip on the entire interweb! Now put the kettle on.

autigergrad: Thanks mate, high praise indeed. If you want to blow your mind try TPW SOAP + CAF + Diyala Iraq. 

I'm currently working on a Greek ambience pack for Altis/Stratis. 

Update your java installation, that error is normally a mismatch between the version I used to compile (Java 8) and the version that is trying to execute (probably Java 7).

Update your java installation, that error is normally a mismatch between the version I used to compile (Java 8) and the version that is trying to execute (probably Java 7).

Cheers mate. I'll make note of that in the install docs

TPW MODS 20160517: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160517.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.17] Added habitable Greek shops.
  • [sOAP 1.02] Increased the number of samples for increased variety, and optimised them for size vs quality. Greek sounds will now be used on Altis or Stratis by default, but sounds may be forced to Mideast/Greek for any map. Sounds and music will not spawn in a house currently occupied by the player. Hard limit of 12 or so simultaneous ambient sound/music samples at a given time. Code optimisations.  
  • [RADIO 1.23] Azan samples optimised. Azan occurs regardless of house radio settings. Prayer will be heard in the nearest building in response. House radios have been superseded by TPW SOAP and are disabled by default.

Phew, a huge raft of changes and a huge amount of (enjoyable) play testing to optimise everything,

Biggest change: TPW SOAP will now by default play Greek sounds and music on Altis/Stratis, and Middle Eastern sounds and music on other maps. You can force Greek/Mid East sounds on any map, and at any time. To go along with these changes I have added many more samples and optimised their size/quality so that the whole thing only increased by 2MB. And lastly, I have set a hard coded limit on the number of simultaneous samples (12 or so), and prioritised them to play in the nearest houses first. This should prevent undue resources being taken up playing samples that you can't actually hear because they're too distant.

Enjoy.

• Like 4

Can these mods work together with Whole lotta altis?

TPW MODS 20160517: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160517.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.17] Added habitable Greek shops.
  • [sOAP 1.02] Increased the number of samples for increased variety, and optimised them for size vs quality. Greek sounds will now be used on Altis or Stratis by default, but sounds may be forced to Mideast/Greek for any map. Sounds and music will not spawn in a house currently occupied by the player. Hard limit of 12 or so simultaneous ambient sound/music samples at a given time. Code optimisations.  
  • [RADIO 1.23] Azan samples optimised. Azan occurs regardless of house radio settings. Prayer will be heard in the nearest building in response. House radios have been superseded by TPW SOAP and are disabled by default.

Phew, a huge raft of changes and a huge amount of (enjoyable) play testing to optimise everything,

Biggest change: TPW SOAP will now by default play Greek sounds and music on Altis/Stratis, and Middle Eastern music on other maps. You can force Greek/Mid East sounds on any map, and at any time. To go along with these changes I have added many more samples and optimised their size/quality so that the whole thing only increased by 2MB. And lastly, I have set a hard coded limit on the number of simultaneous samples (12 or so), and prioritised them to play in the nearest houses first. This should prevent undue resources being taken up playing samples that you can't actually hear because they're too distant.

Enjoy.

I have a question and I haven't been able to find the answer. I wanted to use the Skirmish part and the Vehicle string in particular to let the HMMVW M1114 spawn.. But after looking up the config name nothing spawns, not even the vanilla ones. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Habitable Greek shops?

Can these mods work together with Whole lotta altis?

I know SaOk tends to already have a lot of really good ambience coded into his missions, which might or might not conflict. Give it a try and let me know Bronet. 

Habitable Greek shops?

Yep, those two storey shops with a house upstairs were previously not counted as habitable by my scripts. Now they are, so there's additional points for sounds, lights and civilians.

• Like 1

I have a question and I haven't been able to find the answer. I wanted to use the Skirmish part and the Vehicle string in particular to let the HMMVW M1114 spawn.. But after looking up the config name nothing spawns, not even the vanilla ones. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

What string are you using?

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,0,7,30,"B_mas_usr_Soldier_F","CUP_B_HMMWV_M2_GPK_ACR","str3","str4"] execvm "tpw\tpw_skirmish.sqf";   <- this is the string I am using... Fingers crossed that you can find the error :-)

TPW MODS 20160518: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20160518.zip

Changes:

• [RADIO 1.24] House radio functionality removed - tpw_music.pbo no longer required. Azan functionality moved to TPW SOAP.
  • [sOAP 1.03] Refactored and optimised house scanning, more seamless transition between sounds from houses and better adherence to maximum sample limit. Fixed bug where a house could play 2 simultaneous samples. House scanning and sound spawning suspended when in vehicles.

Just another raft of sound related optimisations and improvements, I will start working on interior noises (creaks, window rattles etc) shortly. 

• Like 1

0 = [5,2,5,2,500,2000,1,0,7,30,"mas_usr","CUP_B_HMMV","",""] execvm "tpw\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

Try this for size GrooveDJ.