Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Blastcore A3

I am asking again for some kind of community guide on how to change the effects.

Because Ive searched literally everywhere and couldnt find a good source.

OS you are obviously communitys lead on this theme - could you pls make a guide? I am willing to help in any kind I can if that helps. And I really mean any.

As stated before I need good effects to make this game worth the time. So I really would agree to put some effort in it.

Greetz

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ParticleArray

this has almost everything you need. after you played with that (or just use the particle editor mission that was released/ported from older armas some time ago) in the editor you go and unpack data_f.pbo and look inside the folder called "particle effects". there's a config. just look at it and learn from it. it's not as hard as you might think. you basically config particles and then effects which are compositions of particles. most parameters from the first link apply the same here. there's also an arma 3 wiki entry explaining some new parameters. you just have to learn how configs in general are made and you're set. particle configs are some of the most simple. it's all about learning by doing to see how parameters change behavior of the particle. no guide can teach you that. what you are missing is basic config knowledge.

i hope that was helpful :)

Bleh, I look every day to see if theres any news on this!!! keep up the good work!!

I was messing around with Unit Capture and GBU bombing static targets yesterday with the F-18. The vanilla Arma 3 explosions are seriously lacking, we need this mod in a big way.

New DEV patch today ....

Fixed: inSpeed and inDir variables for explosion effects

I'm not an expert but does that help Blastcore ?

New DEV patch today ....

I'm not an expert but does that help Blastcore ?

It should. I am advocating for a number of fixes/additions to CfgEffects (I bugged Dwarden about the new variables a year ago, sometimes BIS listens!)

I want my correctly/scientifically accurate explosion particle effects!

Hopefully OpticalSnare can get some benefit from this too!

This has probably already been asked but I will ask anyways, has anyone tried Blastcore for Arma2CO and did it work,

or did you have errors, or nothing happened?

It works basicaly. Alot of error messages and bugged effects, are there though.

regards

I actually only got an error message at the main menu, there are errors though, small arms effects are good, grenade effects are good. Everything also however seems to have GBU-12 effects.. even FFAR's and man portable launchers...

So it looks cool, but not super functional. Also cars will kick up tons of dirt even if on improved roads or grass.

This thread hasn't had a reply in a while. I was just curious where OpticalSnare was so far in the development process, and how much more needed to be done. This is probably my most anticipated mod for Arma 3.

Im logg in to troll-post a little.

On more serious note is there any way we could help you Optical Snare with this mod? Is there a need for something that must be delivered by BIS in order for your mod to work properly? If you could spoil some details we could set up a ticket to vote up for this.

On example of BigPickle's sound mod it worked for him, imo it is important for BIS to support modding community.

Im logg in to troll-post a little.

On more serious note is there any way we could help you Optical Snare with this mod? Is there a need for something that must be delivered by BIS in order for your mod to work properly? If you could spoil some details we could set up a ticket to vote up for this.

On example of BigPickle's sound mod it worked for him, imo it is important for BIS to support modding community.

Just be patient, im working on my car atm. When i got a bit of free time i will finish a few things off on the mod. :)

You can vote for this

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5409

I just up voted the ticket. Released my first Arma 3 machinima yesterday and its easy to see in the video that particle effects really need attention.

Voted up. Whatever it takes to make this awesome mod the best it can be!

I voted up too, but I have to say that statements were made that just because something gets voted doesn't mean it will get fixed or created depending on what the case is. I really dont want to be negative but I wouldn't depend on it being fixed OS I'd look for a work around because it could be a very long time till its fixed if ever.

Shock waves.... lots of shock waves... that's all I have to say ;D

Edited by ShinShin

Yes, that. Shock waves and smoke that doesn't dissipate after 3 seconds.

Yes, that. Shock waves and smoke that doesn't dissipate after 3 seconds.

This^.....I hate when I am recording an epic scene for a machinima and the smoke just disappears, ruining the shot.

While it would of course look cool, you have to take MP into account.

I think it would be ideal if OS could implement some kind of seperate graphics menu within the config menu. That way people could enable/disable certain options if their machine starts struggeling.

Dunno if that's possible however.

An hpp would suit me very much the same way :)