Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Windwalking, I notice that you use the TMR mod - have you had any conflicts between WWAIMenu and the latest version of that mod? When I have WWAIMenu enabled, I can't deploy the bipod (TAB) while using TMR. If I disable WWAIMenu, then deploying the bipod works. I'm using the latest version of each mod with the default key bindings for each (TAB for TMR and NUM9 for your mod).

Hey Windwalking, I notice that you use the TMR mod - have you had any conflicts between WWAIMenu and the latest version of that mod? When I have WWAIMenu enabled, I can't deploy the bipod (TAB) while using TMR. If I disable WWAIMenu, then deploying the bipod works. I'm using the latest version of each mod with the default key bindings for each (TAB for TMR and NUM9 for your mod).

I did not notice that. I will look into it. Thanks.

Can confirm, but with VTS weaponresting too. It stops the addon from working ... I have set the VTS weaponresting key to T and WWAIMenu to Spacebar. Each work separately, but not together :( Going to check with other mods too.

Can confirm, but with VTS weaponresting too. It stops the addon from working ... I have set the VTS weaponresting key to T and WWAIMenu to Spacebar. Each work separately, but not together :( Going to check with other mods too.

I get the feeling binding my menu to the key is overwriting other mods. That's serious, I will look into that and see why.

Looks like it mate.... seems like it wrecks Mag_repack too (and TMR) ... soz to break the bad news ! We NEED your addon however !

Will test it for you now mate !

TESTED and it works perfectly mate! I can now run all my addons. Thanks so much ... was going mad !

Edited by Kremator

Sorry, looks like Dropbox link is incorrect.

Edit: I was too late; you'd removed it to add the new version. Thanks for the update!

Edited by ebarstad

Version updated with bugfixes. Thanks Kremator for testing and sorry guys for the conflict. Had set instead of Add in the script which I didnt know overwrites everything heh.

Version 0.9965

• Various bugfixes regarding clicking on the map
  • Fixed bug that made the mod overwrites any other mod using keybinds.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.965.zip

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Also a bit of a tease regarding whats to come. I will be working on the waypoints command for the next few days. I will add the possiblity to have multiple waypoints active at the same time. Also I will add the possibility to click on the waypoint on the map to ask your units to pause there. Another click will let them continue on. That would be good for synchronizing attacks between different units.

If anyone have ideas regarding what you want from the waypoints system, pour it in. However I am preparing on a work related trip to UAE in the next two weeks so I might be a bit busy depending on the situation. I will try my best to keep the pace though.

as always thanks for your amazing work!

Enjoy the UAE

Confirmed Windwalking, your addon isn´t conflicting with any other mod and now its all super again ;D

Thanks a lot!

Perfect!!
Love that quote!

Great addon. I would like to ask for 3m/5m and 10m flight height choices to be added?

thanx for all the hard work.

Love that quote!

Great addon. I would like to ask for 3m/5m and 10m flight height choices to be added?

thanx for all the hard work.

I can do that, however the AI will be flying too low and it WILL slam into buildings and objects. I would say 15m is as low as you can fly with the AI.

Version updated with bugfixes. Thanks Kremator for testing and sorry guys for the conflict. Had set instead of Add in the script which I didnt know overwrites everything heh.

Version 0.9965

• Various bugfixes regarding clicking on the map
  • Fixed bug that made the mod overwrites any other mod using keybinds.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.965.zip

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Also a bit of a tease regarding whats to come. I will be working on the waypoints command for the next few days. I will add the possiblity to have multiple waypoints active at the same time. Also I will add the possibility to click on the waypoint on the map to ask your units to pause there. Another click will let them continue on. That would be good for synchronizing attacks between different units.

If anyone have ideas regarding what you want from the waypoints system, pour it in. However I am preparing on a work related trip to UAE in the next two weeks so I might be a bit busy depending on the situation. I will try my best to keep the pace though.

I am glad you asked. It would be nice to have a couple of infantry commands that are for bounding.

1. First one will allow two fire teams or two buddies to cover each other ass they bound foward. One suppressing while the other moves.

2. The other waypoint command will allow a fireteam or buddy to provide cover as a fireteam or unit falls back and alternate until away from fire, etc.

The vanilla advance and fallback commands do not implement the suppressive aspect well. Big fan here. Big

---------- Post added at 02:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

Heres

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Here's another idea - Infantry command to breach and clear. Unfortunately no flashbangs. Maybe use grenade. Even if animation is simply opening door, filing in.

So how do you cancel for instance.... a landing? I notice it goes all wierd.

And what happens if you command a whole squad to land (I guess it counts your self too.. or should I only be selecting the pilots!?!?)

Is it not a good idea to select yourself as well?

To prevent posting all over the place I might as well ask the same guy.

Trying to figure out what mod is causing wierdness.. I think its FFIS lol..

Using return to formation seems to fix most things....

Without TPW EBS does WW AI Cover include any supression? My guys seem to go all wierd and prone all the time every know and then.

I need to try all this without FFIS installed!

Thanks!

I am glad you asked. It would be nice to have a couple of infantry commands that are for bounding.

1. First one will allow two fire teams or two buddies to cover each other ass they bound foward. One suppressing while the other moves.

2. The other waypoint command will allow a fireteam or buddy to provide cover as a fireteam or unit falls back and alternate until away from fire, etc.

The vanilla advance and fallback commands do not implement the suppressive aspect well. Big fan here. Big

---------- Post added at 02:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

Heres

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Here's another idea - Infantry command to breach and clear. Unfortunately no flashbangs. Maybe use grenade. Even if animation is simply opening door, filing in.

Thanks for the ideas. I will see what I can implement there.

---------- Post added at 02:43 ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 ----------

So how do you cancel for instance.... a landing? I notice it goes all wierd.

And what happens if you command a whole squad to land (I guess it counts your self too.. or should I only be selecting the pilots!?!?)

Is it not a good idea to select yourself as well?

To prevent posting all over the place I might as well ask the same guy.

Trying to figure out what mod is causing wierdness.. I think its FFIS lol..

Using return to formation seems to fix most things....

Without TPW EBS does WW AI Cover include any supression? My guys seem to go all wierd and prone all the time every know and then.

I need to try all this without FFIS installed!

Thanks!

I noticed weirdness when trying to cancel landing. I will see what I can do.

you can select yourself or the entire squad no problem. All vehicle commands affect vehicle drivers/pilots.

WW AICover affect squad memebers if they get unexpected fire, a heli flies over, or a grenade explodes. They usually regroup on you after a few seconds. If that is the effect you mean, do disable it from the config file and see if it suits you better. Also try with FFIS off to see if its it.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I can do that, however the AI will be flying too low and it WILL slam into buildings and objects. I would say 15m is as low as you can fly with the AI.
Well yes they can hit stuff at that height. But the idea is to be able(AI too) jump out or get in with out landing. Its a nice feature we use on/in our [AS]A2 server. So they can fly low over the water, or hover for insert/pickup.

Well yes they can hit stuff at that height. But the idea is to be able(AI too) jump out or get in with out landing. Its a nice feature we use on/in our [AS]A2 server. So they can fly low over the water, or hover for insert/pickup.

Alright consider it added in the next version then.

Hi all. At first, thanks WW for this awesome mod :)

But please help me, because i might be too stupid. How exactly do I get a Heli to land on the spot i designated? I have put a flying heli on the map as well as my small team. The clear building command works great, but the heli stays in his position (i can see him hover because i put it in view range to my position for testing purposes).

When i group it to me its automatically flying right above me.

Hi all. At first, thanks WW for this awesome mod :)

But please help me, because i might be too stupid. How exactly do I get a Heli to land on the spot i designated? I have put a flying heli on the map as well as my small team. The clear building command works great, but the heli stays in his position (i can see him hover because i put it in view range to my position for testing purposes).

When i group it to me its automatically flying right above me.

Thanks. The commands only work on your squad members. The pilot must be selected from your squad either individually or just by selecting all members, then issue the land command. Hope that helps.

Excellent addition, thanks for making and sharing!

/KC

Thanks. The commands only work on your squad members. The pilot must be selected from your squad either individually or just by selecting all members, then issue the land command. Hope that helps.

Thanks for confirming my assumption :) Now I only need the proper grouping settings so that the heli doesn't accompany me all the time right above me ;) I get the clue, otherwise I ask in the editing forum. Thanks again, for this nice addon.