Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

Dammit..seems i m also having problems with waypoints though.

Teammates seems very "confused".

I don't know..it's Altis fault or something else?

I think I know what is the issue. Sometimes if the waypoint is somewhere they cant reach exactly, they never register that they have made it there. Also regroup command wouldnt cancel the waypoints. I will fix both issues.

However I cant seem to find a way to detect that the player has issued a regroup command. If anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it. Sorry for the trouble with the wayPoints, very early code and havent had the chance to test.

Jesus, don't apologise mate! You have already done things that SHOULD have been included in the actual game! Fancy helping us all and work for BIS ?

Between you and TPW, ARMA 3 SP is becoming so much more exciting! Thanks for this mod.

I did notice that AI units seems to be getting stuck at a higher rate. Can't claim its the mod. The unstuck command is awesome. Is it possible to detect automatically if units are stuck and just auto unstuck them? Maybe as soon as they are not in line of sight? Keep up the good work.

playing Dev build 0.77.109860

mod v 0.988

If I can find a reliable way of detecting that the unit is stuck, I will implement that. Units seems to get stuck a lot in Altis. However I think it will be tricky.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 4

Loving the mod.

Can I ask if you could be able to include a small option too? I would love to see a mod where I can tell my team to set to "limited" speed whenever I want. The reason being that when I want them to enter an area slowly, or silently, they tend to run instead. When the fighting kicks off, then I can set them back to "normal" speed. But for when I want them to infiltrate, a limited option would be really appreciated.

Hope others would agree as well.

Thanks!

Loving the mod.

Can I ask if you could be able to include a small option too? I would love to see a mod where I can tell my team to set to "limited" speed whenever I want. The reason being that when I want them to enter an area slowly, or silently, they tend to run instead. When the fighting kicks off, then I can set them back to "normal" speed. But for when I want them to infiltrate, a limited option would be really appreciated.

Hope others would agree as well.

Thanks!

Code wise, it's simple. I can add that. However wouldn't stealth stance make them move slowly?

Is it possible to create spacing distance for your squad similar to CoC mod for OFP? They somehow created a way to pick distance ie. 3m/10m/25m etc... This would be great for keeping a real tight Column or Delta formation in Urban and spreading guys out say under an Artillery barrage

Is it possible to create spacing distance for your squad similar to CoC mod for OFP? They somehow created a way to pick distance ie. 3m/10m/25m etc... This would be great for keeping a real tight Column or Delta formation in Urban and spreading guys out say under an Artillery barrage

Interesting. I will see if I can achieve that effect. Does it affect the formation spacing or simply the units slow down when they get too close to each other? I am not familiar with that mod.

Hmm, not sure how they achieved it as it was so long ago. It was definitely a formation spacing with maybe 5 different incremental adjustments. Ill try and dig into it a bit more.

Here is the website for the Chain Of Command http://www.main.thechainofcommand.net/

I was just reading the User manual and they mention the Unit spacing and they also had a pretty indepth waypoint system which I had forgotten about -hopefully this could be of some help if you rip it apart :)

Edited by froggyluv

Hi Windwalking! Love all your addons but I´ve just come up with a conflict between your A_menu and Tao´s Folding map! It seems your addon disables tao´s folding map... any idea what could be the cause of conflict and how to fix it? It would be a shame dump your mod, it´s very usefull to unstuck units and seting waypoints... I´ve just not been able to make units switch lasers or lights on, but all the rest works nicely!

Thanks in advance! ;D

Hmm, not sure how they achieved it as it was so long ago. It was definitely a formation spacing with maybe 5 different incremental adjustments. Ill try and dig into it a bit more.

Here is the website for the Chain Of Command http://www.main.thechainofcommand.net/

I was just reading the User manual and they mention the Unit spacing and they also had a pretty indepth waypoint system which I had forgotten about -hopefully this could be of some help if you rip it apart :)

OMG something like CoC I have dreamed about for Arma2 and Arma3. If possible Windwalking you coding guru you, please have a look at what it could do and see if it its within your scope!

;2493768']Hi Windwalking! Love all your addons but I´ve just come up with a conflict between your A_menu and Tao´s Folding map! It seems your addon disables tao´s folding map... any idea what could be the cause of conflict and how to fix it? It would be a shame dump your mod' date=' it´s very usefull to unstuck units and seting waypoints... I´ve just not been able to make units switch lasers or lights on, but all the rest works nicely!

Thanks in advance! ;D[/quote']

I will look into that. I do not know why would they conflict at all. They shouldn't. About the light, it works fine, it just has to be at night. Lasers however is tricky. The command allows them to use it, not force it on.

I will try to do something similar regarding units spacing. Though I am afraid COC is doing it using waypoints which will not work on your own squad members. Either way I will research a bit.

As another VERY useful addition WW, would it be possible to put in repair/rearm/refuel parts into the vehicle section. So perhaps one of your tanks gets hit and is disabled (but not totally destroyed), and all but the gunner gets out and start to repair the tank? It's frustrating at the moment that one hit to the tracks and the whole crew eject, and worse don't even repair the tank!

As another VERY useful addition WW, would it be possible to put in repair/rearm/refuel parts into the vehicle section. So perhaps one of your tanks gets hit and is disabled (but not totally destroyed), and all but the gunner gets out and start to repair the tank? It's frustrating at the moment that one hit to the tracks and the whole crew eject, and worse don't even repair the tank!

Sadly the behavior of ejecting when the vehicle can no longer move is beyond me. It's a BIS default function that I cannot override unless I do a dirty hack. I want to avoid hacks with this mod to keep things nice and clean. I can however add a repair command to vehicles that will behave similar to the heal routine.

I will look into that. I do not know why would they conflict at all. They shouldn't. About the light, it works fine, it just has to be at night. Lasers however is tricky. The command allows them to use it, not force it on.

I´ve guessed it as Tao´s folding map got working again after I disabled your mod =/ Could it be some overlay conflict or something caused by CBA´s eventhandlers... meh, I have no idea, but I really hope you can isolate the cause and fix it (may the force be with you), as both addons are quite useful and should be used alongside!

About the ir lasers and flashligts, it was a night mission, but all rifles had only the IR lasers, so the bots couldn´t toggle flashlights, they just ignored me about the laser, but maybe they would have lit up the lights, if they had them at hand ;D

cheers!

Oh and is it possible that a second press of the action key removed the dialog please - what seems to be happening is that I can use RMB to remove the menu but ONLY when I go into a submenu, and this will put me back one step, and eventual out completely. However the first RMB when the menu comes up does nothing. Any ideas?

Edited by Kremator

Version 0.99

• Land helicopter command now is very precise
  • Fixed set waypoints errors. Now use regroup command to cancel the waypoints.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.99.zip

now that bugs are out, I will focus on cooler stuff :D

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Oh and is it possible that a second press of the action key removed the dialog please - what seems to be happening is that I can use RMB to remove the menu but ONLY when I go into a submenu, and this will put me back one step, and eventual out completely. However the first RMB when the menu comes up does nothing. Any ideas?

I will try to do that, but as far as I know there is no way I can know that the menu is already up. I will look into it though.

Can you make the Waypoints somewhat controllable? As in, assigning a Hold/Go type command system so that we can send in a synchronized attack from different angles?

And one thing I've always been jealous of Dragon Rising -the Fire on My Lead command. Makes it so much easier than hitting the All. Open Fire.

Can you make the Waypoints somewhat controllable? As in, assigning a Hold/Go type command system so that we can send in a synchronized attack from different angles?

And one thing I've always been jealous of Dragon Rising -the Fire on My Lead command. Makes it so much easier than hitting the All. Open Fire.

Oh I love the idea of fire on my lead. Will add that tomorrow. I will expand on the waypoints system but for now just let the bugs surface first lol.

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

I had time so why not. Here is the fire on my lead command.

Version 0.991

• Added fire on my lead command. It will put the squad on hold fire until you fire.
  • all infantry commands are in the infantry section. Forgot that from previous changelog.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AIMenu_v0.991.zip

Does the work with Improved Command Interface? It seems as though my keybind isnt working.... Maybe its just my numpad? lol

I am not sure, I have never tried. You could change the keybind from the config though.