Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

Seems that the issue is on TMR's side. It doesn't remember the keybind after save and reload. He just stated he will update it on his next release.

Is it me or when AI is in waiting waypoint they tend to lower their weapon even if engaged in a firefight? They should maintain their behavior even while waiting.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

The mod is also causing AI to constantly say waiting, ready, etc. and interupt/stop the default advance/fall back arma commands without me using any complimentary menu waypoints.

Is it me or when AI is in waiting waypoint they tend to lower their weapon even if engaged in a firefight? They should maintain their behavior even while waiting.

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

The mod is also causing AI to constantly say waiting, ready, etc. and interupt/stop the default advance/fall back arma commands without me using any complimentary menu waypoints.

I simply script the AI's behavior using functions BIS have available that are also available in the game commands. They are simply given the wait command when reached a wait WP. Nothing that can cause the AI not to engage, maybe a bug is there from something else, I will look into it.

As I explained the scripts uses normal commands, which BIS didnt provide a way to make them silent. Not much I can do there.

What I was trying to say with the second item there is AI starts to say waiting/ready as soon as I launch the mission. As if I already gave them a waypoint.

Also on the first item, AI does engage but they just keep lowering their weapon as if they are no longer in "combat" mode.

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

The mod is also causing AI to constantly say waiting, ready, etc. and interupt/stop the default advance/fall back arma commands en.

What I was trying to say with the second item there is AI starts to say waiting/ready as soon as I launch the mission. As if I already gave them a waypoint.

Is that after save? Need more info.

The mod is also causing AI to constantly say waiting, ready, etc. and interupt/stop the default advance/fall back arma commands en.

Is that while they are executing a command from the mod? If so, the only way to cancel my commands is to issue a regroup command.

Is that after save? Need more info.

This was a mission created in the editor and as soon as I click preview and get the hints for mods loaded, AI starts yelling waiting/ready over and over until I select all and regroup.

Is that while they are executing a command from the mod? If so, the only way to cancel my commands is to issue a regroup command.

Negative. I just previewed a mission. Split the AI into red team and blue team. Asked red team to "advance". Normally they will maintain this until you issue a different move type command.

I am only seeing this with this particular mission. If no one else experiences any of these then maybe keep it on the back burner and focus on new features.

Also when i send the AI to clear building they tend to walk through the door without opening them sometimes.

Also when i send the AI to clear building they tend to walk through the door without opening them sometimes.

That's a behavior BIS needs to tweak. It's not the mod causing it.

OK thanks for clearing that up :D

better have them walk than fall through the walls i guess ;)

I know it is game engine issue, but I do notice that these sorts of DoMove mods tend to make the AI glitch more for some reason.

I think that's mostly because it highlights the AI movement glitches. Now if only BIS return the rotation speed enhancements from the pre-release dev branch!!

I know it is game engine issue, but I do notice that these sorts of DoMove mods tend to make the AI glitch more for some reason.

yea. the problem is that stuff mostly is put ontop of the engine stuff (no idea how windwalking does it) so i think it's simply conflicting. of course one could try to remove most of the normal stuff and make one's own system and make excessive use of disableAI but then it gets into the kind of "fixing the game" area that i personally try to stay away from. modding to fix stuff can get very tedious very quick.

Yeah, I hear ya. What WW has done is nothing short of amazing and I won't play without. Buts that's the problem, I'd love to do some MP gaming with all of these types of improvements in effect and sometimes wish BI would just sub-contract guys like WW, TPW and solus -guys with a real clear vision of the type of AI we all crave, and let em loose on the engine code. Not to say I'm not seriously siked about the AI Dev's both listening and implementing some suggestions -I just want moar!!

I can only dream of getting my hands on the engine. Arma is a beautiful game, would love to get in bed with it :p

I can only dream of getting my hands on the engine. Arma is a beautiful game, would love to get in bed with it :p

Personally, I'm waiting until they have women before doing so.

I think it's amazing and gratifying that BIS games allow as much scrpt and config access to the engine as they do. I'm pretty sure their games would have died long ago if they didn't.

Personally, I'm waiting until they have women before doing so.

I think it's amazing and gratifying that BIS games allow as much scrpt and config access to the engine as they do. I'm pretty sure their games would have died long ago if they didn't.

Lol! That made me laugh.

Agreed. Good thing about the way BIS is handling things is that the game will get better with time.

i tried using this mod and i just got a error when installed. Include file userconfig/WW_AImenu\WW_AIMenu.hpp not found. So i had a look in the folder and its there so i have no idea wat the problem is at all

i tried using this mod and i just got a error when installed. Include file userconfig/WW_AImenu\WW_AIMenu.hpp not found. So i had a look in the folder and its there so i have no idea wat the problem is at all

Dude you have to move the userconfig folder into Arma 3 directory.

Dude you have to move the userconfig folder into Arma 3 directory.

cool did that and now it loads but the mod dont seem to work for me. Does this mod work with missions from the workshop? as ive installed the mod then done the userconfig but when i go into the game and start playing i cant access the menu with the numpad 9 key it just leans my guy. Sorry kinda new to all this modding of the game

Edited by Ghastous

cool did that and now it loads but the mod dont seem to work for me. Does this mod work with missions from the workshop? as ive installed the mod then done the userconfig but when i go into the game and start playing i cant access the menu with the numpad 9 key it just leans my guy. Sorry kinda new to all this modding of the game

You know the user config folder u copied over? Acess that file and change the keybind to whatever u like from the codes in the link that is in the file. Or simply unbind the numpad 9 key from anything in the game. Your choice.

You know the user config folder u copied over? Acess that file and change the keybind to whatever u like from the codes in the link that is in the file. Or simply unbind the numpad 9 key from anything in the game. Your choice.

Ive tried that aswell using the Keylist but still same

EDIT well ive tried everything but this mod dont wanna work so ive given up. Thx for all ya effort u put into the mod and keep up the good work

Edited by Ghastous

Ive tried that aswell using the Keylist but still same

EDIT well ive tried everything but this mod dont wanna work so ive given up. Thx for all ya effort u put into the mod and keep up the good work

Make sure you have the WW_AIMENU.hpp file in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\WW_AIMENU

After modifying the keybind you'd need to restart the game. I use 25 to bind to P. I find it useful when I am using a map as Num_9 wants to help navigate around the map instead.

Make sure you have the WW_AIMENU.hpp file in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\WW_AIMENU

yup thats where my file is but the mod just dont work. Ive done everything that is required for the mod but nope it wont have it at all its like my game is saying "COMPUTER SAYS......NO!!!"

yup thats where my file is but the mod just dont work

Does it show up in your expansion list in the game?

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Windwalking, can you add a hint line to the userconfig?