Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

"Area clear" is like the number one priority target of every AI modder. Unfortunately I think it's buried deep in the AI FSMs. Like, really deep. Need-latex-gloves-and-a-vacuum deep.

That is unfortunately true. I tried getting around it but failed everytime.

All right, SP noob here. I liked the mod, downloaded, extracted it as explained and placed the mod file in the "Arma 3 Alpha" folder in your "My Documents" folder. There is also a userconfig folder under the ARMA 3 Alpha Folder. I placed the userconfig file there from the mod. I have also set the mod into the launch properties. The mod shows up under the Expansions inside the game lobby.

I cannot get the menu to show up in game. I replaced the key bind with the convention as described in the link inside the userconfig file. I used "9" and keypad 9. All I get is assign team to a color. Where am I going wrong??

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I have it sorted. I stopped trying to use the My Documents approach and installed the mod directly into the main ARMA 3 folder. The AI Menu showed up when I was running a test with the mission editor.

Edited by Sailindawg

About the AI "all clear" calls, this is my code for getting valid target for a group (known and suspected enemy),

cent_sqdLink_getvalidtargets = 
{
_grp = _this select 0;
_range = _this select 1;

_grpLeader = leader _grp;
_validTargets = [];
_grpTargets = [];

{
	_unit = _x;
	_grpTargets = _unit nearTargets _range;
	{
		_nearTargetsArr = _x;
		_tgtPos = _nearTargetsArr select 0;
		_tgtType = _nearTargetsArr select 1;
		_tgtSide = _nearTargetsArr select 2;
		_tgtThreat = _nearTargetsArr select 3;
		_tgtObj = _nearTargetsArr select 4;
		_tgtPosAccuracy = _nearTargetsArr select 5;

if(_tgtThreat > 0) then
		{
			_duplicatesItem = [_validTargets, {(_x select 4) == _tgtObj}] call BIS_fnc_conditionalSelect;
			waitUntil{!(isNil "_duplicatesItem") };
			if(count _duplicatesItem <= 0) then
			{
				[_validTargets, _nearTargetsArr] call BIS_fnc_arrayPush;
			};
		};
	}forEach _grpTargets;
}forEach (units _grp);

//----------------------------------------------------------------
_validTargets
};

and when using it in a while loop, specifically:

while{ count  _validTargets > 0} do
{
//call getValidTarget function
}

When it exited the loop, the AI coincidentally calls out the All clear, give or take a few seconds, so I can know if it's all clear... the trick is to get the range for using nearTargets, I use 1600m, but maybe that's overkill... Don't know if it helps..

As November 13th, this doesn't seem to work. Please WW, can't live without this addon. Thank you! :)!

Edit:

Nevermind, I forgot to move the userconfig folder in the root folder of arma 3 after I reinstalled it. Working good

Edited by dernt

Thanks for this one! I've become very interested in expanding AI capabilities and will be giving this one a serious whirl ASAP!

any screenshots of this mod.

It basically just adds its own action menu, so there's nothing much to show. A lot of it is broken, now, too (waypoints, building clearing/garrisoning, and some of the other commands). However, I still use it mainly for squad inventory management, which works really well and I think the group healing still works, too.

There is a lot of goodness within this mod, but WW hasn't been as active with it. Come back WW !

Awesome mod! Not everything works, but enough to make it very usefull. Added some time ago to my existing profile of dwvac.

Here's the part, add to dwvac profile .xml manually

http://pastebin.com/g0pa7ZKX

Could you be a Sir and explain where i put that txt ( or what to do with it so it works ) thanks alot ^^

// Brutal ^

WW AI Menu and Cover addon needs to be revived, i havnt found an addon like it

especially the

"Safe mode heal. This heal command will allow the selected units to heal themselves up. If there is a medic, the medic will go around and heal everyone. If there are no medics, the units will share their extra First aid with others if they have it.

Combat mode heal. For this command, units will try to heal themselves up using first aid first. If there is a medic and the unit is not too far away, he will pop smoke if the unit's health is too low and will attempt to heal him. Units will attempt to share their first aid only if the distance is not too far off.

A rearm command that actually works. Point at the object you want them to rearm at and select that command.

Opens inventory for units to whatever object you point at. Allows inventory to be opened between units. If you are looking at the unit itself, it will open the inventory where it stands. Same if no appropriate object is in your cursor

Unstuck command for any units or vehicles the AI is in. If no units are selected, it unstucks the player."

I have run into a BUG with this awesome, and I mean AWESOME Addon! Please look in to fixing this issue as I find it very difficult to play this game with out all the awesome things your Addon does!

Problem: Turn Laser On/Off does not function. Error is displayed.

To Reproduce.

1 Select AI

2 Press [9_num] or what ever you have bound to open menu for WWAI

3 Press 2 (Option 2 => Weapon Accessories)

3 Press 5 (IR Lasers On) This was the first *Bug*. NO lasers turned on. I then switched everyone into Danger Mode (as that automatically defaults to Lasers On (its Night Time). All there Lasers turned on, So I tried to turn off their lasers.

3 Press 6 (IR Lasers Off) => At this point the following Error is displayed and they do NOT turn off their lasers, "Script WW_AIMENU\suppressorsOn.sqf not found". All Lasers stayed on, None Turned Off.

But I chose lasers not suppressors... and again, lasers do not turn off but the Error talks about suppressorsOn.sqf

PS: Also I have a question about your Waypoint setup. I set up waypoints for an AI, chose Wait for one of the waypoints in my set (Waypoint 4 out of 8). However, I cannot figure out how to make the AI move to waypoint 5 now that he is waiting at waypoint 4. Please help!

I am running the Latest version of Arma 3 that is up to date through Steam. I am NOT on the Dev Branch so it is just the default updates that I receive through steam.

Arma 3 Version Steam Info=(Content Build ID: #410815) Patch 1.32 (With Campaign 1.32 Hotfix).

I am using the following mods for the game:

@CBA => V1.0.9.14907

@STHUD => Latest Version Shack Tactical Hud

@WWAImenu => V2.15

@TPW Mods

@TMR

@SPCONTROLMOD

I hope this helps!

Hello Community,

Steam

Arma 3 - latest version - 1.34

AI Menu v2.15

CBA A3 RC4

** No other addons installed **

Does this addon still work?

I have read the posts in this thread and have performed the following:

• Moved userconfig into the main Arma 3 folder
  • Downloaded Community Addons as a pre-req
  • Added community based addons as well as AIMenu in the "Arma 3 Launcher" > Parameters > Basic > Mods section
  • Verified that I can see both CBA and AIMenu in the game extensions menu
  • In the campaign mode, restarted the game (I am currently in one of the "Adapt" scenarios" i.e in Scouting Mission)

Try as I might, I cannot get this addon's menu displayed in the game. I even tried binding to a different key (i.e other than the default numpad 9 key) and restarting the game, but I simply cannot get this menu to show up.

Please can you help or let me know if I've missed anything.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Hello Community,

Steam

Arma 3 - latest version - 1.34

AI Menu v2.15

CBA A3 RC4

** No other addons installed **

Does this addon still work?

I have read the posts in this thread and have performed the following:

• Moved userconfig into the main Arma 3 folder
  • Downloaded Community Addons as a pre-req
  • Added community based addons as well as AIMenu in the "Arma 3 Launcher" > Parameters > Basic > Mods section
  • Verified that I can see both CBA and AIMenu in the game extensions menu
  • In the campaign mode, restarted the game (I am currently in one of the "Adapt" scenarios" i.e in Scouting Mission)

Try as I might, I cannot get this addon's menu displayed in the game. I even tried binding to a different key (i.e other than the default numpad 9 key) and restarting the game, but I simply cannot get this menu to show up.

Please can you help or let me know if I've missed anything.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Got it working finally. This addon is so good, I am literally going to restart entire "Adapt" scenario (I think that's when I first got a unit to command).

Resolution Details:

STEP 1 --> OK so for whatever reason, I was previously using the "Arma 3 - Steam - Open Launcher" method to launch the game and that's where I had added the game Mods. This time around, I tried directly adding the mods to the game without the launcher via Right Click on game > Properties > Set Launch Options. The exact string I added was "-mod=@CBA_A3;@WW_AIMenu" (without double quotes)

STEP 2 --> Make sure that CBA comes first in this string and AI Menu next. I thought the order didn't matter but I could not get it to work if I specified AIMenu first instead of CBA. Also, I notice that when I add CBA first and AIMenu next in that string, within the game > Extensions screen, the AI Menu is "indented" a bit below the CBA (almost suggesting as though AIMenu is a sub-addon under CBA - I know that AIMenu needs CBA so this makes sense).

STEP 3 --> In the game options, the numpad 9 key was already bound to Look Right or something like that -> I deleted that key assignment.

STEP 4 ---> Restarted the game (i.e. in my case the Scouting scenario in the "Adapt" section in Arma 3) --- IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

Just for the waypoint system, this AI Menu is worth paying money for - great work Windwalking.

Edited by keengamer

How does the explosive menu work? I don't see that option in the menu system, even though my ai carries explosives. Cheers!

Also, the heli fly around seems to be broken. I know it did work, but not anymore. Also it uses only the 250 meter radius. The others don't work.

And finally, the AI pilot engages when you target something for the DAGR, altough he's not the gunner. He flies the attack helo straight at it.

Edited by Gameboi

I've been trying to get this to work but it's not. I get the menu up just fine, but it's like I'm not issuing commands at all. Noone does anything. The only reaction I get is when I try to put IR-lasers on first (no lasers) and then off again, then I get a message saying "Script WWAIMENU\SupressorsOn.sqf not found". Besides that, no functions - no nothing. Any help?

I was unable to get this to work, can't even get the menu up or wp menu. I have other mods like agm, asr ai, tpw. And im using armaa3sync for all my mods. any help or info appreciated, thnx

Have you checked the keybinding so that it's not interfering with some other thing mapped to the same key?

I really wish I had the coding skill to fix this mod.

I bind mine to the 'end' key. Been working well since the mod released.

Would be great to see windwalker back to development again, this mod provides some essential features when commanding the AI.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I really wish I had the coding skill to fix this mod.

This mod isnt broken.

It works fine for me,check it with no mods installed first,reset all options where keybindings concerned also/

The only thing i cant get working is attach suppressors/lights(modded ones at least,unchecked with vanilla assets)

I cant seem to get AI deployed explosives to work.

The AI will plant the explosives and then I get the red text option to blow them, however nothing happens.

Is there any way to get around CBA? This is only one mod from my list that require CBA....

Why would you want to avoid an addon that adds so much functionality ?  IMO use it !

• Like 1