Windwalking

WW AIMenu (complimentary commands)

Does it show up in your expansion list in the game?

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Windwalking, can you add a hint line to the userconfig?

yeh its all there when i load the game up ive even changed keys thinking it might be that but still no luck at all. Do you have to start a new game for it to work or resuming a save work fine?

Edited by Ghastous

yeh its all there when i load the game up ive even changed keys thinking it might be that but still no luck at all. Do you have to start a new game for it to work or resuming a save work fine?

I do not understand why it wouldn't work for u if u are sure it loaded up correctly and that u bind it to a correct key. My advice is to delete the mod and the mod's folder inside user config. Re-copy all and then unbind the numpad key 9 in the game and try again. Usually people don't have any trouble with installing the mod so not sure what's going on.

I do not understand why it wouldn't work for u if u are sure it loaded up correctly and that u bind it to a correct key. My advice is to delete the mod and the mod's folder inside user config. Re-copy all and then unbind the numpad key 9 in the game and try again. Usually people don't have any trouble with installing the mod so not sure what's going on.

Tried that and nope still aint working. The only thing i can think of is starting my mission again but i really dont wanna lose all the progress that ive already done if it dont work still.

EDIT restarted new game and it works now so that might be a good point to place in some notes that u need to start a new game for it to work

Edited by Ghastous

Tried that and nope still aint working. The only thing i can think of is starting my mission again but i really dont wanna lose all the progress that ive already done if it dont work still.

EDIT restarted new game and it works now so that might be a good point to place in some notes that u need to start a new game for it to work

Ok good thing it's working. Yes no mods updated or added will work with a save game. The game saves the mod state with the save file. Sorry it's a bit of a common knowledge out here that's why it slipped my mind. I will add it somewhere.

Ok good thing it's working. Yes no mods updated or added will work with a save game. The game saves the mod state with the save file. Sorry it's a bit of a common knowledge out here that's why it slipped my mind. I will add it somewhere.

cool np m8 :D nice mod aswell works like a charm

Just briefly, whats the difference between safe heal and combat heal?

Essentially urgency. Safe mode will try to utilize your medics and not use your first aid as much. Combat will prioritize healing using first aid and they will try to not move around much as not to get shot.

Essentially urgency. Safe mode will try to utilize your medics and not use your first aid as much. Combat will prioritize healing using first aid and they will try to not move around much as not to get shot.

OK so will the medics go around healing everyone who needs to be healed?

OK so will the medics go around healing everyone who needs to be healed?

Yes. They will do that primarily in safe healing, and only when really needed in combat healing.

Yes. They will do that primarily in safe healing, and only when really needed in combat healing.

sweet...thanks for clearing that up :D

WW,

it seems the waypoint system is broke. I can assign waypoints but they ignore it after a few seconds and the markers on the map all disappear.

WW,

it seems the waypoint system is broke. I can assign waypoints but they ignore it after a few seconds and the markers on the map all disappear.

I have a feeling it's conflicting with my latest update to WW AICover. Could u try without it?

WW,

Same kinda thing happened to me. Except when I split my teams one would follow waypoints while the other didn't....untill I deleted it??

I have a feeling it's conflicting with my latest update to WW AICover. Could u try without it?

You are correct. Works fine without it. So far.

actually I dont think it has anything to do with aicover since i never used that. I just tried the aimenu and placed a waypoint on map, exited the map and nothing happens at all...i also tried to tell them to goto next waypoint (1-9) but the command never gets called out...nothing happens at all. But you can see the waypoint on the map, thats about it.

This is with v2.15 on retail A3 1.2

@Windwalking

Any way to add a "get in vehicle" command? That could be used for units under High Command?

Why? Its been an issue in Arma 2 and 3 that you cant tells units (that are also in high command, not in your group) to get into vehicles while using High Command. This makes using infantry over great distances near impossible unless you want to wait for them to walk across the map back and forth.

Edited by DoRo

Hi WW, thanks for the addon, it seems to be very useful :)

I think (seeing as you asked for ideas ;)) that I should like to see:

A stance adjustment section, where you can adjust the stances for selected units.

1. Stand

2. Crouch

3. Prone

4. Follow my stance

And also a command to make selected units form a circular formation. In this one, whatever units are currently selected are divided into 360 degrees and form as close to a circle as possible, all facing outward. I've had this ability in previous iterations of ArmA and it is hugely useful.

In the past the command has always been centered on the leader, but I guess I'd be just as happy to see it similar to the "move there" command where you point at the ground or map. Another useful feature (although less important than the main feature itself) is an ability to specify a radius, like 5m, 10m, 20m etc. (In one good implementation I saw of this, any medic would be discounted from the formation and placed in the middle. For obvious reasons :))

Hope you find these appealing, I surely would like to see these in one addon, I had thought of just making it myself but seeing as you already got a good thing going I thought I'd just implant the seed... ;)

Hi WW, thanks for the addon, it seems to be very useful :)

I think (seeing as you asked for ideas ;)) that I should like to see:

A stance adjustment section, where you can adjust the stances for selected units.

1. Stand

2. Crouch

3. Prone

4. Follow my stance

And also a command to make selected units form a circular formation. In this one, whatever units are currently selected are divided into 360 degrees and form as close to a circle as possible, all facing outward. I've had this ability in previous iterations of ArmA and it is hugely useful.

In the past the command has always been centered on the leader, but I guess I'd be just as happy to see it similar to the "move there" command where you point at the ground or map. Another useful feature (although less important than the main feature itself) is an ability to specify a radius, like 5m, 10m, 20m etc. (In one good implementation I saw of this, any medic would be discounted from the formation and placed in the middle. For obvious reasons :))

Hope you find these appealing, I surely would like to see these in one addon, I had thought of just making it myself but seeing as you already got a good thing going I thought I'd just implant the seed... ;)

You can already adjust the stance of selected units with the vanillia a.i. commands. But I too would like to see a 360 degree security formation kinda like a patrol base. This would be great for when your halted and looking at the map deciding how to approach an objective.

You can already adjust the stance of selected units with the vanillia a.i. commands. But I too would like to see a 360 degree security formation kinda like a patrol base. This would be great for when your halted and looking at the map deciding how to approach an objective.

Yes, to be clear I'm more interested in the "follow my stance" functionality.... but for selected units only. I just added the others for consistency, it represents a duplication but I'd rather have it all in one place rather than try to remember which way to go (menu-wise) to get a particular activity :)

I agree. ARD was a great mod for arma 2 and would like to see it in some form or another in arma 3.

Yes, to be clear I'm more interested in the "follow my stance" functionality.... but for selected units only. I just added the others for consistency, it represents a duplication but I'd rather have it all in one place rather than try to remember which way to go (menu-wise) to get a particular activity :)

I know this doesn't solve your "all in one menu" preference, but there is already a selected "copy my stance" addon out by Van Zant. Try here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164393-VanZant-s-Copy-My-Stance&p=2504647#post2504647

Not that WW should stop putting it in his, but just letting you know it's out there.

Great work Windwalking it's a standard mod in my set up now. I'd agree with the posts above an all round defense would be a nice addition to your mod. The nearest I can get is a diamond formation and scan horizon lol, without individual placements. Be great leaving a vehicle of any type straight to an ARD.

good work and thanks again

I think I had a 'nearly working' version of ARD, but being a shit coder I gave up and will wait for DA to release it :) Come on DA !