Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

When is this game going to be good?

Totally agree man. Thats a good rig your running on. Its the shit engine thats over 10 years old. Time for a NEW ENGINE.

You have a very basic (at best) understanding of how game engines work.

An engine takes longer to produce than the actual game, if you want BIS to throw away all their previous work then you're looking at a solid three years at least just spent on the core engine. Engines are designed to be added to and modified over time, I doubt BIS has the deep pockets required to spend three years developing something with very little to show at the end. It is no secret that game engines are prohibitively expensive to engineer.

Edited by Phlux1

I'm sure your such an expert Phlux, how does the world keep going when your on break?

And YEAH, the engine is 10 years old, and I hate break it to you, but engines are NOT designed to keep on going that long. This engine has OBVIOUSLY been stretched beyond its intended limits. That is why we are getting such lousy FPS, etc.

I'm sure your such an expert Phlux, how does the world keep going when your on break?

And YEAH, the engine is 10 years old, and I hate break it to you, but engines are NOT designed to keep on going that long. This engine has OBVIOUSLY been stretched beyond its intended limits. That is why we are getting such lousy FPS, etc.

No it's not, they can create a new engine and run into the same problems.

I'm a concept artist and environment artist, please read my posts, it's pretty obvious that one of us knows what we're talking about.

people have many justified points but there's alot of people just throwing around misdirected and frustrated comments clearly without being big enough nerds to understand.

I have great FPS in A3. It runs much better than A2 and with higher details too on the same computer.

Right now Never.

This is the worst Arma because the brothers are sick with wargames. They prefer Dayz and probably make much money with it. Unfortunately Suma is the only one that can really improve Arma3.

Right now Never.

This is the worst Arma because the brothers are sick with wargames. They prefer Dayz and probably make much money with it. Unfortunately Suma is the only one that can really improve Arma3.

did you ask the brothers personally about that?

When the game is going to be good? For some it's already good, for some it will be soonm and for some - never. Just don't forget, to have your own independent opinion. even it may look, like everyone is complaining and bitching here a lot.

Right now Never.

yep a damn shame. those guys work wonders when they really put their effort into something, unfortunately arma 3 won't be that something.

and dayz sa is looking real good, and i hate the zombie genre.

Wow, I've seen this shitstorm from Arma 1 on:

Arma1: "Lackluster effort!", "No Ambition!" "Terrible!!"

Arma 2: "Buggiest piece of shit ever!", "This is the end of the Arma series!", "Warfare..in Campaign!!"

Arma3 (yet to be released): "Arma-fuck-A-geddon!!!", "............................................!!!!" :mad::mad::mad:

And lest not forget the expansion releases:

PMC: "Utter Garbage!!". "What is this CoD!!!!"

ACR: "Piece of shit!!", "The same map!!!!" :mad:

And you wonder why Maruk doesn't even come down here anymore. Shit gets tiresome.....

Totally agree man. Thats a good rig your running on. Its the shit engine thats over 10 years old. Time for a NEW ENGINE.

So by your guys engine logic, frosbite 1 is the same as frosbite 3 or 4. And cry engine 1 is the same as the latest engine? All these people who don't know a thing about game engines saying "we need a new engine" don't understand that an engine is not set in stone and changes over time. What is the point of wasting money and time on an engine with a different name but does the same things? Seriously.

---------- Post added at 03:49 ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 ----------

people have many justified points but there's alot of people just throwing around misdirected and frustrated comments clearly without being big enough nerds to understand.

I'm not naming anyone but there are various users in this thread post that have made it crystal clear that they just want to fight with people. Fine by me as long as this thread contains these individual's and they don't go looking for fights elsewhere.

Wow, I've seen this shitstorm from Arma 1 on:

Arma 2: "Buggiest piece of shit ever!", "This is the end of the Arma series!", "Warfare..in Campaign!!"

Arma3 (yet to be released): "Arma-fuck-A-geddon!!!", "............................................!!!!" :mad::mad::mad:

ACR: "Piece of shit!!", "The same map!!!!" :mad:

And you wonder why Maruk doesn't even come down here anymore. Shit gets tiresome.....

well summed up! Some people, really know nothing what respect means. Theyy just shit down ur throat, cause they don't like something.

Arma3 (yet to be released): "Arma-fuck-A-geddon!!!", "............................................! !!!"

ACR: "Piece of shit!!", "The same map!!!!"

is correct but never BIS has made a good, popular PVP mode funny, NEVER !

Edited by Zukov

isn't warfare a pvp mode? And isn't it popular?

no is a RTS mode, and not so popular

this game in the MP part will do the same end like Operation Flashpoint: Red River

no is a RTS mode, and not so popular

this game in the MP part will do the same end like Operation Flashpoint: Red River

lol wat? Warfare not popular?

There are 400 DEV servers alone already, not counting non dev servers. Many of them are full, arma 3 got much more different PvP missions. Sector Control is now most popular among them. Wasteland, etc. And the game is not even out yet. Is arma 2 MP dead? When have you been browsing servers ther last time? Countless wasteland servers, takistan/cherno life. Warfare.

Sector Control is now most popular among them

wasteland? as far as i know is not made by BIS (and has an atrocious gameplay)

sector control server? the mission made by Bis? where? how many?

the truth is that this game is suited mostly for the boring Coop (almost all server that you mention) and nothing more

Edited by Zukov

so u were talking about bis missions only? Well not that i care then, weve got an awesome community, what makes awesome missions. btw. is wastland coop in ur opinion?

so u were talking about bis missions only? Well not that i care then, weve got an awesome community, what makes awesome missions. btw. is wastland coop in ur opinion?

sorry Neurofunker i don't want a start a flamewar but the fact is that this game, on 12th september, will ship without SP campaign, some showcases, coop missions (almost all) and 2 missions "seize something" . The last 2 PVP missions, are PVP because i asked, about them in the thread "blog e reveals", but the answer is only "rumors" I asked again in the multiplayer section but no answer.

there will be a squad system?

there will be a class system?

any image / video footage?

I bought this game on STEAM not at IKEA (if the game has to be builded from the community), if BIS is like Ikea OK, but i want decent tools i want VISITOR 4 and 3D editor Mission

trust me this game is suited only for coop missions, and, in the long run, isn't so fantastic

Edited by Zukov

well, i'm here not for a flame war either. Thats your opinion. When the alpha came out, me and my dayz/wasteland buddies, were enjoying first agia marina team deathmatch mission, and this was really fun. I can't imagine, have same fun, just by playing same mission against bots.

trust me this game is suited only for coop missions, and, in the long run, isn't so fantastic

I'll place my trust in the multiple large communities that regularly enjoy excellent PvP and Co-op gameplay.

@Zukov,

Yep that's your opinion buddy and I respect that but in my opinion I believe that you are totally wrong. That's why this community has been going (and building) since 2001. And I don't think it is going anywhere soon.

@Zukov,

Yep that's your opinion buddy and I respect that but in my opinion I believe that you are totally wrong. That's why this community has been going (and building) since 2001. And I don't think it is going anywhere soon.

the community can't rewrite the netcode,

all games developer (in the world) tests the MP aspect before the release the game

so far the only mode of game tested is coop ( and i'm not sure that has tested)

in Alpha and beta there aren't some basic game modes like "team deathmatch" or "capture the flag" neither a test mission , NOTHING , NADA, ZERO neither a shadow of some PVP mission

it's obvious that to developers don't care nothing about PVP aspect of this game

Edited by Zukov

the community can't rewrite the netcode,

all games developer (in the world) tests the MP aspect before the release the game

so far the only mode of game tested is coop ( and i'm not sure that has tested)

in Alpha and beta there aren't some basic game modes like "team deathmatch" or "capture the flag" neither a test mission , NOTHING , NADA, ZERO neither a shadow of some PVP mission

it's obvious that to developers don't care nothing about PVP aspect of this game

maybe my english is not that well, but i failed to understant, what ya mean.

maybe my english is not that well, but i failed to understant, what ya mean.

the community is not able to create from scratch the MP aspect of this game..... is better? and the devs don't care nothing about it

Best stuff always came from community NOT Bis, and insted off complaining, you could build your own kickass missions,if you dont like the main SP/MP missions,campains.

and wait till next year and you will be surprised by what the community will have build/come up with etc. there is already some great stuff out(even with the outdated tools)