Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

When is this game going to be good?

it's obvious that to developers don't care nothing about PVP aspect of this game

It's quite ironic how people used to complain about BIS only focusing on PvP when wasteland came around the corner and not work on Coop, the "true" Arma multiplayer element :rolleyes:

He clearly states in bottom line: Arma 3 is a step back from Arma 2. I disagree, I think his argument is flawed, because Arma 3 has better animations, better scope modelling, better radio comms, better location, better editor module systems, better dare I day graphics.

I think everyone on this forum agrees that ARMA III has better animations, better scope modeling, better radio comms and better graphics than ARMA II. That's basicly facts. But:

He also clearly critiques the inertia movement from one speed to the next, like for crying out loud talk about a wish list.

I would like weapon, uniform, gear selector in editor. I would like better fatigue effects carrying different payloads, I would like more variety in the weapon and vehicle systems however I think Bis have some catching up to do in some of these areas but making objective criticism? like you could do better. You should all try and make a game like Arma for all your knowledge on warfare instead of complaining about it. That's what it comes down to, it's not positive constructive critisism, it's going too far saying its a step back, it's an absolute insult to me as an Arma fan and not speaking for them but probably in my opinion the Devs too. Furthermore I don't need a "teammate" coming on in his defence.

The fatique system in ARMA II worked better, you where properly limited in terms of how much gear you could carry, ARMA II had much wider variaty between the sides, and it didn't feel artificially balanced. The direction this game has taken, has deviated alot from ARMA II, both in scope and goals. It is trying to satisfy a different marked than ARMA II, by trying to focus on more than one group of people. I am also an avid ARMA fan, and I have followed the series from Operation flashpoint, and I feel too that ARMA III is a huge step backwards, despite it's obvious improvements over ARMA II. ARMA III feels generic, and that is in no way a good thing. Even though it still has alot of the featured I loved from ARMA II and operation flashpoint, they have been watered down and ironed out to make a more "polished" released.

The result is a game that is much more generic, has less authenticity than previous titles and that feels more arcade than it predecessors. I expected improvement on the core gameplay mechanics. Implementing physx has done little to the core gameplay, as it doesn't add much in terms of tactics. The graphical improvement, though impressive, doesn't improve the core gameplay.

The direction ARMA III was taking prior to the arrest incident I feel was aimed more towards the demographic ARMA allways have catered too, while the change of focus came as a result of the new team. I am not claiming that they are bad designers, it's just bad decitions in regards to the franchise.

What I would have expected ARMA III to be is this: I would expect a more realistic flight model (especially since they have been able to make it) and much, much better AI, better wounding system, weapon resting, better fatique, better weapon system simulation in helicopters, tanks, planes and other machinery where appropriate, wind simulation and more simulation features. The difference between Arma I and ARMA II consisted of changes of this nature. The only change in this engine that can be viewed as such an improvement is the new lightning engine and of course the new stances (that feature is by far the coolest thing about ARMA II, the new stance system is pure brilliant, and suits the franchice brilliantly).

How is it that people feel entitled to attack others simply for presenting critisism? Critisism is what drives society forward, debate is what causes change. And the thing is, Bohemia Interactive has a track record for lissening to it's community, so our only chance of seeing some of the changes we need, we need to make our voices heard. Soulless praising doesn't change anything.

you could build your own kickass missions

yes i do

but i' not to able to change the awful lobby. implement a class system in the same windows etc etc

at least i want a template an examples something!

now there isn't nothing!

and again the community can't rewrite the netcode!

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

It's quite ironic how people used to complain about BIS only focusing on PvP when wasteland came around the corner and not work on Coop, the "true" Arma multiplayer element :rolleyes:

ok wasteland is the official PVP mission of BIS

huh? wasteland is just another user made mission

is my irony because all times that i have asked about the official PVP multiplayer in arma 3, the answer is, look , wasteland everywhere!

anyway Pure Passion, there are informations about SEIZE FERES and SEIZE EDORIS PVP missions? are purely PVP?

I think everyone on this forum agrees that ARMA III has better animations, better scope modeling, better radio comms and better graphics than ARMA II. That's basicly facts. But:

The fatique system in ARMA II worked better, you where properly limited in terms of how much gear you could carry,

coyota ruck, pkm in arms, ksvk/m107 in backpack + rpg + 2 granades on back. Yeah sure, thats really better.

coyota ruck, pkm in arms, ksvk/m107 in backpack + rpg + 2 granades on back. Yeah sure, thats really better.

In Arma 2 it was never possible to have a backpack and an RPG at the same time. And the inventory space in any backpack was so limited that you could never fit an m107 and an RPG in one, let alone any ammo for it.

You are talking about DayZ, which is a mod. You can always create insane backpacks with so many slots that you could fit an M1A1 Abrams in it, but let's stick to the base games, shall we ?

In Arma 2 it was never possible to have a backpack and an RPG at the same time. And the inventory space in any backpack was so limited that you could never fit an m107 and an RPG in one, let alone any ammo for it.

You are talking about DayZ, which is a mod. You can always create insane backpacks with so many slots that you could fit an M1A1 Abrams in it, but let's stick to the base games, shall we ?

Never? I could do anyhow. Also being able to carry KSVK/PKM+METIS is really better fatigue system?

Never? I could do anyhow. Also being able to carry KSVK/PKM+METIS is really better fatigue system?

With mods, yeah. Without, no. The biggest backpack is IIRC the Czech Backpack with 16 solts. An M107 takes up 10 slots, so you want to tell me that in the four remaining slots, you pack a METIS ?

And no, in normal Arma you CAN NOT take a backpack and a secondary weapon at the same time because they use up the same slot.

And note, I'm not saying this Arma 2 or Arma 3 is better, I just say that what you claim is not possible without mods.

With mods, yeah. Without, no. The biggest backpack is IIRC the Czech Backpack with 16 solts. An M107 takes up 10 slots, so you want to tell me that in the four remaining slots, you pack a METIS ?

And no, in normal Arma you CAN NOT take a backpack and a secondary weapon at the same time because they use up the same slot.

And note, I'm not saying this Arma 2 or Arma 3 is better, I just say that what you claim is not possible without mods.

start editor, without mods, take pkm, take metis. Run around, possible? Realistic?

start editor, without mods, take pkm, take metis. Run around, possible? Realistic?

Ah, now we're down to just PKM and Metis.

may I remind you:

But since you asked: PKM+Metis: No, not possible. PKM is a large primary and takes both slots, so no Metis.

Any more ? Or are you finally going to admit that you were wrong ?

Oh, and before you get your knickers in a twist: Possible is RPK + METIS (RPK is a light machine gun with box magazines, not belts)

Ah, now we're down to just PKM and Metis.

may I remind you:

But since you asked: PKM+Metis: No, not possible. PKM is a large primary and takes both slots, so no Metis.

Any more ? Or are you finally going to admit that you were wrong ?

Oh, and before you get your knickers in a twist: Possible is RPK + METIS (RPK is a light machine gun with box magazines, not belts)

lol, seems like im that bored. Just started editor, yep, mgs take up to 2 slots. I guess i played to much fanmade mission, whers that poissible.

Anyway, BIS just introduced weights system, before altis release if im not wrong. And since the game is still beta, maybe they are still work on that direction.

lAnyway, BIS just introduced weights system, before altis release if im not wrong. And since the game is still beta, maybe they are still work on that direction.

Yes, they are moving in the right direction, although I still think it's too much weight that you can carry (basically, I think you shouldn't be able to carry more than one extra missile for any guided launcher plus the missile that's already loaded)

lol, seems like im that bored. Just started editor, yep, mgs take up to 2 slots. I guess i played to much fanmade mission, whers that poissible.

Ah, the ACE syndrome. I always forget just how many seemingly basic features have been added by add-ons.

Yes, they are moving in the right direction, although I still think it's too much weight that you can carry (basically, I think you shouldn't be able to carry more than one extra missile for any guided launcher plus the missile that's already loaded)

maybe in 2035, soldier having some so to say "doping". Drugs, that straighten your body :P But yeah, i agree, you can carry so many explosives plus weapons, makes you wonder, how berserk that soldier must be, to run with such weight.

Ah, the ACE syndrome. I always forget just how many seemingly basic features have been added by add-ons.

haha, so true :)

I suggest anyone that is interested into playing a finished game, to leave ArmA3 today and try again around December to check if there's anything better.. if there's none, to leave it again for other 6 months or so.

Playing it like it is now (unless you're pre-pared to beta test a software, that requires a certain mentality and be prepped to NOT have fun in certain circumstances) will lead only to frustration, with the downside of abandoning the game definitively. The game at this stage is far to be good, give to it another chance in the future... hoping that it will turn better in 48 hour (or even in a week) is dreaming at the best.

I'm only sad for those ones that will buy the game at the release day, believing it will be a finished game coz there won't the the label "beta" anymore (I would ask BIS to leave the word "beta" in the title.. but.. you know :) ).

I suggest anyone that is interested into playing a finished game, to leave ArmA3 today and try again around December to check if there's anything better.. if there's none, to leave it again for other 6 months or so.

Playing it like it is now (unless you're pre-pared to beta test a software, that requires a certain mentality and be prepped to NOT have fun in certain circumstances) will lead only to frustration, with the downside of abandoning the game definitively. The game at this stage is far to be good, give to it another chance in the future... hoping that it will turn better in 48 hour (or even in a week) is dreaming at the best.

I'm only sad for those ones that will buy the game at the release day, believing it will be a finished game coz there won't the the label "beta" anymore (I would ask BIS to leave the word "beta" in the title.. but.. you know :) ).

Says someone from 2013 join date...

But why don't we worry about more important issues like why this is not ingame: arma3_Lighting_3.jpg

such weird suggestion.

Says someone from 2013 join date...

Not sure, what's your join date? :O

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

such weird suggestion.

Why...?

Your join date is sometimes referred to by vets who size up your opinion based on the time you signed up to the forum.

Your join date is sometimes referred to by vets who size up your opinion based on the time you signed up to the forum.

I'm not sure how my forum joining date would be linked to my arma experience (or from how many years I play this serie), but strangely the guy joining date is more recent than mine, so my "confusion".

I'm not sure how my forum joining date would be linked to my arma experience (or from how many years I play this serie), but strangely the guy joining date is more recent than mine, so my "confusion".

You have said voting of past Arma games which leads me to think you started with A3. But you seem to be pretty pessimistic on the game. Of you take a look Arma 3 does many things better than Arma 2.

I laugh at people who says join date has something to say. I joined 2013 but I have checked the forums ever since OA.

On-Topic: I do agree that it was disappointing. We were supposed to get 40+ weapons (I think grenades counts) but it still doesn't build up to 40+.

And shotguns were removed (A REALLY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT) because of technical issues.

I laugh at people who says join date has something to say. I joined 2013 but I have checked the forums ever since OA.

On-Topic: I do agree that it was disappointing. We were supposed to get 40+ weapons (I think grenades counts) but it still doesn't build up to 40+.

And shotguns were removed (A REALLY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT) because of technical issues.

The shotguns were just a test port from Arma 2. Also Arma 2 had vehicles and possibly weapons from a failed game and from VBS2 as well.

wasteland? as far as i know is not made by BIS (and has an atrocious gameplay)

sector control server? the mission made by Bis? where? how many?

the truth is that this game is suited mostly for the boring Coop (almost all server that you mention) and nothing more

How many of the COOP servers running are running missions that came with the game? I've played this series multiplayer since 2009, and I think I have played official Bohemia Interactive missions maybe 3 or 4 times, coop or non-coop. Thing is, ARMA is a sandbox game, and the reason there is more COOP is because people tend to play COOP missions more than PvP. That's not BIS fault, both options are available, it's up to the players to make scenarios.

There is one single reason to why ARMA has such longevity, community content. The fact that there is less PvP content is due to the fact that only a minority prefers PvP, or at least a minority of mission makers prefers PvP.

Just look at Project Reality for ARMA II, being a great mod focused on PvP. I loved it and it offered solid gameplay... It died rather quickly, because the ARMA PVP scene is sadly to small. Again, not BIs fault, the game supports PvP just fine.