major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

There seems to be a problem with the newest Java Version (8u60). On a fresh ArmA3Sync install, I wasn't able to click any buttons or do anything else except closing. Installing Java 7u79 solved the problem.

I am running 8u60 and had no issues so far.

There seems to be a problem with the newest Java Version (8u60). On a fresh ArmA3Sync install, I wasn't able to click any buttons or do anything else except closing. Installing Java 7u79 solved the problem.

Do you have something into the console when running ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe with JRE 1.8.0_60?

Could you add a system environment variable with name <J2D_D3D> and value <false> and then run ArmA3Sync with 1.8.0_60?

I suspect crap with graphic card drivers or something.

Good morning,

Since some updates ago, the FTP transfer is being limited to one connection only, although I have setup in the repo to have 5. Is anyone else having this problem?

Regards

Good morning,

Since some updates ago, the FTP transfer is being limited to one connection only, although I have setup in the repo to have 5. Is anyone else having this problem?

Regards

Check the server conf + check Advanced Configuration button from ArmA3Sync repository panel.

Check the server conf + check Advanced Configuration button from ArmA3Sync repository panel.

Yup, you are right. I don't know if it was there before, but I had my client limited to one connection only. 

BTW, amazing the HTTP partial download feature. It is a huge step in llimiting huge updates for download. 

Hi,
after the last Update we have a problem with the Downloadspeed.
The Upload works without any Problems.
All Teammembers can't load the Repo with Fullspeed.
The Location of the Repo and the Webspace Provider (FTP) is the same since the Beginning of the Year.
There is no error, the download is just very slowly :( still Freezing
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbhcas5fxcdha6p/prob1.PNG?dl=0
btw, we using A3S, a very usefull Tool, since 1,5 Years without any Problems.

The Up- and Download with Filezilla works very well.

sorry for my terrible english :D

No trouble at all here regarding download speed with FTP (maxing out my bandwidth at 35 MBytes/s)

You have to investigate server side to see how it goes in the log when someone try to retrieve a file.

Hello,

I have a problem with my A3Sync, when I try launching it it doesn't open, I've checked the folder and the only thing I've noticed is that a file called "lock" apears and disapears nearly instantly and then the process stops.

It happend suddenly, I used it in the evening and after I went to bed it would not launch in the morning so I don't know if I have done anything to break it.

Lars

No trouble at all here regarding download speed with FTP (maxing out my bandwidth at 35 MBytes/s)

You have to investigate server side to see how it goes in the log when someone try to retrieve a file.

thankyou, I'll check ... :huh:

Hi @major_shepard

first of all my compliments for your work and thanks a lot to give us this software that make our life easier managing mods and launching option.

I've a question for you because it's not clear for me how could I do and if it possible.

In few words, I'd like to upload a mod as I download from the (for example) Armaholic, with the same folders structure.

Then, after the updating fo the repo on the arma3sync server, i'd like to download the update and move some file in a specific folder.

I try to be more clear with an example.

I download MCC from the Armaholic.

The main mod folder contains some files and 2 directories.

One of these is called "keys".

I upload the @mcc_sandbox folder as it is.

I update the repo.

I update my client and , without any other operation, I'll have on my Arma3 root folder the @mcc_sandbox folder with some files inside and 2 directories ("keys" included).

Now, if I want I can move the "keys" directory from the @mcc_sandbox folder to the Arma3 root .

Ok, but, if I'd like to automate the "moving folder" process, is it possible?

It could be really helpful.

Our clan uses arma3sync a lot to avoid mod mismatches but some mods required extra actions that if could be automate will reduce the "helpdesking".

Thanks in advance.

If your problem is the keys folder of addons (i.e the .bikey files) only the server needs these files. So just operate manually server side (or write a script) and you are done.

For what concerns client side (i.e users) it is typically limited to userconfig folder. Just build the repository with the proper userconfig included like this http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/a3s-repository/

Having 2 folders with the same name in subfolders - always loads the 1st alphabetically. This is a huge annoyance when you have for example \Arma III\@CBA\ with one signature and \Arma III\Other\@CBA\ with a different signature.

A3S always loads the first, even if you intended it to load the 2nd one. The only workaround is having to manually rename mod folders that share the same name or cut-paste them away and rename/put them back before every repository update.

Having 2 folders with the same name in subfolders - always loads the 1st alphabetically. This is a huge annoyance when you have for example \Arma III\@CBA\ with one signature and \Arma III\Other\@CBA\ with a different signature.

A3S always loads the first, even if you intended it to load the 2nd one. The only workaround is having to manually rename mod folders that share the same name or cut-paste them away and rename/put them back before every repository update.

See https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/152942-arma3sync-launcher-and-addons-synchronization-software-for-arma-3/?p=2869909

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but for me I have ran into my very first problem using your Launcher. I am using windows 10 so not sure if that is or could be the problem 

but using the latest version "v1.5 update 2" hangs upon startup, it take at least around 8/10 seconds for me to be able to do anything, it loads up and when I press the folders or anything it hangs

just like sometimes applications hang and then say "not responding" but your launcher does not have the "not responding" part. 

Just thought id let you know.

:)

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but for me I have ran into my very first problem using your Launcher. I am using windows 10 so not sure if that is or could be the problem 

but using the latest version "v1.5 update 2" hangs upon startup, it take at least around 8/10 seconds for me to be able to do anything, it loads up and when I press the folders or anything it hangs

just like sometimes applications hang and then say "not responding" but your launcher does not have the "not responding" part. 

Just thought id let you know.

:)

Could you try running Arm3Sync-DEBUG.exe and paste the console content here? When running ArmA3Sync.bat does it change something or not?

It seems also that some NVIDIA graphic drivers have trouble with Java 1.8. If you have one, could you try disabling things like power management or set it at maximum performance. 

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22737535/swing-rendering-appears-broken-in-jdk-1-8-correct-in-jdk-1-7

See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25140342/java-1-8-borders-rendered-incorrectly

hehe the Arm3Sync-DEBUG.exe only gave me this and nothing more:

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.5.68
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_60
DevMode = false
Failed to connect to updates repository

I would say it failed to connect to the updates repository because its already up to date right? 

As for the NVIDIA drivers, it was working fine before I updated, its just this update that has gone wrong, I tried to disable my power management and
its the same, plus I always have my power set at max anyways so its not that. Thanks for the reply :)

Edit: I have also today uninstalled it and removed everything then reinstalled and its the same, another thing I notice that if I touch it while its hanging then 
it will stay hung until I have to force it to close in the task manager.

Could you check that your firewall/antivirus is not blocking ArmA3Sync to access internet?

Could you also try to install Java 7 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Unblocked, and I know its unblocked as I just tested it with the GTA V mod manager which always reminded me of unblocking that one, I unblocked it and at the same time I did it on your launcher 

too and I don't get that notification anymore on the GTA V one, plus your launcher updates and checks for updates normally, no problem there mate. 

haha wait, this is strange - just noticed this while doing this for you, WHEN I am on the launcher itself and press "check for updates" I get the "No new update available" BUT when I use the Arm3Sync-DEBUG.exe 

I get this "Failed to connect to updates repository" and this in the log:

DevMode = false

Does the Arm3Sync-DEBUG.exe need to be unblocked in the firewall too? just wondering. 

Edit: Just tried it with Arm3Sync-DEBUG.exe unblocked too and nothing. Its still doing the same :(2nd Edit:

2nd Edit: Ok, thought I would try this and use a VPN to see maybe if my connection is blocked somehow, and I got this in return:

DevMode = false
Connection updates repository Success

Just try with antivirus/firewall disabled completely. The message "No new update available" is due to Arm3Sync actually can't check for updates.

If you can access the internet from a web browser means that something is blocking ArmA3Sync.

Disabled everything, windows firewall AND my NOD32 security still the same problem :(

Have you tried Java 7?

Yes mate, tried everything so far, I don't really mind the update thing as I can get the update from Armaholic once its updated usually, all I mind is the hanging on this new update. 

Its not a massive problem, I can live with it for now and lets hope it gets fixed in future version either side of Java, Nvidia, or your launcher :)

Yes mate, tried everything so far, I don't really mind the update thing as I can get the update from Armaholic once its updated usually, all I mind is the hanging on this new update. 

Its not a massive problem, I can live with it for now and lets hope it gets fixed in future version either side of Java, Nvidia, or your launcher :)

Or something else....

Could you try replacing the ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

and run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe

Do you have IPV4 internet address or only a IPV6?

Sorry mate, was late here last night and went to bed, so excuse my late reply :)

Anyways, just replaced the file above and ran the ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe and this time had a different result :P

DevMode = false
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPConnectionClosedException: Connection closed without indication.
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:317)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP.__getReply(FTP.java:294)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP._connectAction_(FTP.java:402)
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._connectAction_(FTPClient.java:925)
        at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:183)
        at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:203)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.FtpDAO.downloadXMLupdateFile(FtpDAO.java:498)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.checkForUpdates(FtpService.java:810)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel.checkForUpdates(MainPanel.java:855)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel$22.run(MainPanel.java:536)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

And yes I use IPV4 internet through a router, I have tried both ways on this too, using straight to wall connection and router (wifi) ways but still the same.