major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Hello.

Another story can be classified as a "can't sync with my repo".

I've done step by step everything from your wiki:

http://www.sonsofexiled.fr/wiki/index.php/ArmA3Sync_Wiki_English#Use_as_a_server_administrator

I am preety sure files are visible via Firefox and TotalCommander (i have ESET, but i've double, triple, quadruple checked a3s is not blocked).

However when i try to "Check" my repo (HTTP way) i recieve (url_to_repo below is changed for privacy purposes):

http://url_to_repo/repo_cfog/.a3s/autoconfigjava.io.IOException: Failed to retreive file /.a3s/sync
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://url_to_repo.pl:80/rep
o_cfog/.a3s/sync

What is going on?

I have also problem with ftp, but with ftp message is that there is no user or pass.

Ftp is also visible for other apps.

error 403 means wheather the file does not exists remotely, the url is wrong or the server is not allowing to share it from the login account. What happens if you paste the /sync url above into a web browser?

I know that problem is that .a3s starts with a dot. My provider locks access to such directories (linux feature).

Then question, is it possible to start .a3s with eg. "_", i mean _a3s?

It's not a problem. Dot only change file visibility on Linux not read access permissions. If you don't have access to the files system with a remote Linux console, ask your provider to solve his shit.

Hello.

Thank you for your support.

I had long conversation with hosting provider and he states he locks access to directories via http when name starts with a dot. Explanation was little bit foggy but as i understand this "feature" is unchangable. And in fact either Firefox nor a3s have no access to files in ".a3s".

Hard to say, but i can't change this bloody provider easily.

I had a hope code of a3s can be modified to respect also some other, non special character like eg. underscore on the beginning of a3s directory.

------------------

After another conversation with provider at last i have solution:

Add to .htaccess line "Options +AllowDotFiles".

I don't know if it is some hand made rule used by this provider, however it works.

I have another problem with a3s.

On the tab "Online" i have couple of servers.

Everytime when i start a3s it loads to the column "Modset" repository which no longer exists. This repository was in use earlier however i removed it and i have no idea where now it is stored.

When i use comboBox in column "Modset", this removed repo isn't listed. Even if i will choose any of existing one, after next launch a3s loads not existed one once again.

I would like to clarify another thing.

I succesfully create localy repo (a3s dir appears along with zsync files in each subdirectory) and upload it on the remote server (manually). Repo works.

This repo contains bunch of addons: @tfar, @ace, @cba_a3 and so one.

But what if i want to update only @ace? Should i create once again .a3s dir? Should i then upload whole repo once again or only @ace?

What will happen if i will recreate .a3s in local repo, i will upload it but i will not touch other files (especially zsync) on remote server. I mean: can i destroy synchronization with such action?

I have another problem with a3s.

On the tab "Online" i have couple of servers.

Everytime when i start a3s it loads to the column "Modset" repository which no longer exists. This repository was in use earlier however i removed it and i have no idea where now it is stored.

When i use comboBox in column "Modset", this removed repo isn't listed. Even if i will choose any of existing one, after next launch a3s loads not existed one once again.

From Build options repository panel -> Favorite servers infos set to autoconfig.

Before building the repo be sure that the Online panel favorite server list is properly set.

I would like to clarify another thing.

I succesfully create localy repo (a3s dir appears along with zsync files in each subdirectory) and upload it on the remote server (manually). Repo works.

This repo contains bunch of addons: @tfar, @ace, @cba_a3 and so one.

But what if i want to update only @ace? Should i create once again .a3s dir? Should i then upload whole repo once again or only @ace?

What will happen if i will recreate .a3s in local repo, i will upload it but i will not touch other files (especially zsync) on remote server. I mean: can i destroy synchronization with such action?

You should use the Upload repository command of ArmA3Sync as it automatically determine which file to upload to the remote server.

If you go manually be sure to always upload the /.a3s folder

I still have 2 little problems, think i already reported a year ago? :P

1. when adding several arma3 folders (to check repo update for our dedi servers, several installations), the 2nd, 3rd (and so on) folder dont get (and even CANT) rechecked when switching path inside the repo.

2. The repo changelog writes a log even when nothing is changed after a new version is builded. perhaps make the empty CL entrys invisible? my clanguys (should) read the changelog but when i test around or forget several things, the last entry with a mod update is 300m past the changelog ;)

and a little wish: perhaps for a repo another checkbox for "auto update autoconfig on program start" to get event modsets and new server entrys instant and no "repo login" manually needed.

I still have 2 little problems, think i already reported a year ago? :P

1. when adding several arma3 folders (to check repo update for our dedi servers, several installations), the 2nd, 3rd (and so on) folder dont get (and even CANT) rechecked when switching path inside the repo.

Sorry I don't understand

2. The repo changelog writes a log even when nothing is changed after a new version is builded. perhaps make the empty CL entrys invisible? my clanguys (should) read the changelog but when i test around or forget several things, the last entry with a mod update is 300m past the changelog ;)

OK

and a little wish: perhaps for a repo another checkbox for "auto update autoconfig on program start" to get event modsets and new server entrys instant and no "repo login" manually needed.

It's already the case, unless your connection to the repo sucks (high latency) such as the refresh of the events list is postponed after the first display.

Hi Arma3sync team.

Maybe you can help me  out,

Im trying to set up af repository on our gameserver, and so far, no luck. I'm running to two kinds of problems, and I have tried contacting server support, wich provided me with the correct url.

When i'm using the provided URL, it can't find the a3s folder, when trying to sync with it. The a3s folder is there, and also all of the mods.

The provided URL is ftp://91.121.116.42:8821/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

Before i tried the provided URL, i used this: ftp://91.121.116.42/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/(I left out port number on the ftp ip).
Then i got a different error. When i sync now, it finds the mods, shows me what i am missing, but when i try to download, it says "error in dowload" or something like that. In the rpt file i can see that it says that i couldn't find the files i was trying to download. However i checked, and the files was there.

Can anyone help??

kennyleif

In my opinion logging to

ftp://91.121.116.42:8821

and change of directory to 178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

isn't the same as logging directly to
ftp://91.121.116.42:8821/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

Point which part is your FTP account, and which is remote directory.

As far as i noticed a3s doesn't handle logging to FTP and change of directory at once.

To be sure it is a root cause use Total Commander:

press CTRL+F and -> "new connection" -> "host name" = your ftp account -> "remote directory" = your remote directory

and of course type your user and pass.

If everything is filled properly and credentials are ok, Total Commander should connect to your "remote" dir.

Hovewer i've tried to do similar thing in a3s and i've failed. I suppose a3s expect that your root repo directory is also your root FTP account directory (which is not so good in my opinion).

Don't describe what you saw in RPT, just run a3s in debug version and paste output with error.

Sorry I don't understand

--> i have 3 arma3 directorys (2 with the same mods, 1 with only 5 mods). I want to update them all while im in the repo. changing path inside the repo dont Update the status of this dir.

It's already the case, unless your connection to the repo sucks (high latency) such as the refresh of the events list is postponed after the first display.

--> Ah okay. Lagecy is good but didnt notice it. I "uploaded" only the event modset and didnt change anything to the rest of the repo. On my only test it only appears until i loaded the autoconfig from connection to the repo on the last tap.

kennyleif

In my opinion logging to

ftp://91.121.116.42:8821

and change of directory to 178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

isn't the same as logging directly to

ftp://91.121.116.42:8821/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

Point which part is your FTP account, and which is remote directory.

As far as i noticed a3s doesn't handle logging to FTP and change of directory at once.

To be sure it is a root cause use Total Commander:

press CTRL+F and -> "new connection" -> "host name" = your ftp account -> "remote directory" = your remote directory

and of course type your user and pass.

If everything is filled properly and credentials are ok, Total Commander should connect to your "remote" dir.

Hovewer i've tried to do similar thing in a3s and i've failed. I suppose a3s expect that your root repo directory is also your root FTP account directory (which is not so good in my opinion).

Don't describe what you saw in RPT, just run a3s in debug version and paste output with error.

ArmA3Sync connects with FTP server exactly as any other FTP clients would do following the FTP transfer protocol specification.

As says in the Arma3Sync Wiki, the "Host or url" field must set as ftp://myIP/..../myRepositoryFolderName with the correct Port, Login and Password fields set.

Which means that if I put ftp://myIP:myPort/..../myRepositoryFolderName into a Web Browser I can browse the content of the repository.

ArmA3Sync connects with FTP server exactly as any other FTP clients would do following the FTP transfer protocol specification.

As says in the Arma3Sync Wiki, the "Host or url" field must set as ftp://myIP/..../myRepositoryFolderName with the correct Port, Login and Password fields set.

Which means that if I put ftp://myIP:myPort/..../myRepositoryFolderName into a Web Browser I can browse the content of the repository.

I can connect in browser to the ftp, but not with A3s. Using: ftp://91.121.116.42:8821/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

I can connect in browser to the ftp, but not with A3s. Using: ftp://91.121.116.42:8821/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

Send me the login an password by PM.

Be sure to set like this in arma3sync:

Protocol: FTP

Host or url : ftp://91.121.116.42/178.33.135.112_2302/repos/

Port: 8821

Login: something

Password: something

Got this trying to connect in total commander as described above.

Connect to: (11/12/2015 17:14:27)
hostname=91.121.116.42:8821
username=3rdeud
startdir=178.33.135.112_2302/
91.121.116.42=91.121.116.42
220 TCAdmin FTP Server
USER 3rdeud
331 User name okay, need password.
PASS ***********
230 User logged in, proceed.
SYST
215 Windows_NT
FEAT
211-FEAT
211 END
HELP SITE
214 Help message.
OPTS UTF8 ON
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
CWD 178.33.135.112_2302/
250 CWD command successful.
Connect ok!
PWD
257 "/178.33.135.112_2302" is current directory
Hent mappe
TYPE A
200 Command okay.
PORT 192,168,1,2,226,98
200 Port ok.
LIST
PORT failed, try PASV mode!
PASV

Something, i'n not clever enough to describe is failing, and nothing shows in the ftp side in total commander. Just blank

And i got this with Major sheppards settings above, running with debug:

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.5.69
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_60
DevMode = false
Checking for updates...
Connection updates repository Success
ArmA3Sync Available update version = 1.5.69
Checking repositories...
Connecting to repository: repos
Failed to retrieve file /178.33.135.112_2302/repos//.a3s/changelogs
.\resources\temp\repos\changelogs (Den angivne sti blev ikke fundet)
Starting Checking for Addons on repository: repos
fr.soe.a3s.exception.remote.RemoteSyncFileNotFoundException: Remote file /.a3s/sync not found on repository.
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.repositoryEditor.workers.AddonsChecker.run(AddonsChecker.java:89)

AND
Something different.
I removed the last "/" from the ftp url, so it is ftp://91.121.116.42/178.33.135.112_2302/repos (WITHOUT / in the end)

I finds the A3s, shows whats files i am missing, but cant download. Shown below..

Connecting to repository: repos
Starting downloading from repository: repos
Downloading whole file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@3cb_baf_vehicles\readme.txt
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File not found on repository: /178.33.135.112_2302/repos/@3cb_baf_vehicles//readme.txt
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.FtpDAO.downloadFile(FtpDAO.java:451)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.downloadAddon(FtpService.java:422)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.access$1(FtpService.java:407)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService$1$1.run(FtpService.java:288)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Download finished with errors:

I can see 2 problems:

- You server seems to have a connection time out and/or a read time out too low or limited simultaneous connections => file not found, connection reset and so on.

If you can't access the FTP server conf => change provider/get a dedicated and install FileZilla server managed by yourself.

- The remote /.a3s/sync does not match the actual remote repository content. Especially all *.pbo.zip files described in the /.a3s/sync  are missing remotely.

Delete the remote /.a3s folder, rebuild the repo with special care of the Build Options then upload the repo using the Upload command of ArmA3Sync.

I can see 2 problems:

- You server seems to have a connection time out and/or a read time out too low or limited simultaneous connections => file not found, connection reset and so on.

If you can't access the FTP server conf => change provider/get a dedicated and install FileZilla server managed by ourself.

- The remote /.a3s/sync does not match the actual remote repository content. Especially all *.pbo.zip files described in the /.a3s/sync  are missing remotely.

Delete the remove /.a3s folder, rebuild the repo with special care of the Build Options then upload the repo using the Upload command of ArmA3Sync.

Does, uploading with upload command, upload the a3s folder or the entire mods, because thats gonna take forever.

You can upload manually the /.a3s folder with binary transfer mode if you are sure that the remote content perfectly match the local content.

You can upload manually the /.a3s folder with binary transfer mode if you are sure that the remote content perfectly match the local content.

What i'm asking is, does the upload button in a3s transfer the a3s folder plus all of the mods in the build, or JUST the a3s folder?

I'm trying to work out the problems you pointed out.

What i'm asking is, does the upload button in a3s transfer the a3s folder plus all of the mods in the build, or JUST the a3s folder?

I'm trying to work out the problems you pointed out.

The upload button compare the info from the remote /.a3s/sync file and the local /.a3s/sync to determine the new file to upload and the one to remove on the server.

If the remote /.a3s/sync does not exist, Arm3Sync will upload the all local repository (including the local /.a3s folder).

Generally speaking you should never operate manually on the remote repository.

ArmA3Sync 1.5 Update 4 now available

Download

Check for updates or use the Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-5-71.exe

Changelog

- Added: Bikey extractor tool: Extract bikey files from source directory to target directory. Available from GUI, console, and script command line.

- Added: Files synchronization: ArmA3Sync will try to resume automatically a file download if received file size doesn't match remote file size (server connection drop).

- Added: Battleye: ArmA3Sync will automatically add "2 1" parameter if arma3Battleye.exe is set as executable location.

- Added: New command Duplicate group.

- Added: Malloc System from Launcher options panel.

- Improved: Upload repository will now proceed faster during the checking of remote files.

- Fixed: Cannot close a repository tabulation if not at front view.

kenny: This is a ftp server problem, not A3S. Can you directly connect with passive mod to your server? try open passive ports!

Major: thx! ;) Your support makes this the most used tool in the arma community. Did you count your Downloads/updates how many already using it? :P

Hello major_shepard,

with the newest update I get this error for some files when I try to download them from our repository:

Checking repositories...
Checking repository: SeL-ExtraMaps
Checking repository: ArmAWorld Public-Server Repository
Failed to retreive file /.a3s/sync
File not found on repository: http://XXXXXXXX:XX/repositories/aw-public/.a3s/
sync
Checking repository: Gruppe_Adler_1
Checking repository: ArmAWorld Repository
Connecting to repository: TFW Repo
Checking repository: TFW Repo
Checking repository: Tactical-Stealth-Squad.de A3Sync
Starting Checking for Addons on repository: TFW Repo
Checking repository: TFW Repo
Checking repository: AlliedNatoForces - A3 Addons
Checking repository: SeL-MainRepo
Starting downloading from repository: TFW Repo
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@tfw_opt\addons\
bwa3_comp_ace.pbo.zip
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@tfw_ace3\addons
\ace_thermals.pbo.zip
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.FtpDAO.downloadFileWithRecordProgress(FtpDA
O.java:226)
        at fr.soe.a3s.dao.connection.FtpDAO.downloadFile(FtpDAO.java:478)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.downloadAddon(FtpService.java:424)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.access$1(FtpService.java:409)
        at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService$1$1.run(FtpService.java:290)
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@CBA_A3\addons\c
ba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo.cba_2.1.2.151016-b53b6eca.bisign
Downloading whole file: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\@CBA_A3\addons\c
ba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo.zip
Download finished successfully.

Hi,

I use an Arma3Sync repo to keep mods update to date for members of our Arma 3 group (everyone loves it as it makes getting the mods so much easier :D ). With the latest Arma3Sync update (v1.5 Update 4) there seems to be an issue with the ZIP compression. Basically, the ZIP files aren't getting extracted after they've downloaded, causing a circular situation where it keeps deleting/downloading the ZIP file.

1. I deleted zabb.pbo file (to test).
  2. Rechecked the repo in Arma3Sync.
  3. It wants to download zabb.pbo.
  4. I start the download and it completes.
  5. In File Explorer I can see zabb.pbo.zip exists, but zabb.pbo does not.
  6. Rechecked the repo in Arma3Sync.
  7. It wants to download zabb.pbo and delete zabb.pbo.zip.
  8. Back to #3.

If I then open zabb.pbo.zip in File Explorer and extract zabb.pbo to the correct place, Arma3Sync is satisfied, deletes the ZIP file and stops attempting to redownload it. I've updated the repo server to the latest version of Arma3Sync and rebuilt the repo to be sure. I have also verified the checksums of the files, and those that I manually extract from the ZIPs match those uploaded to the repo.

Is this an issue with the latest Arma3Sync update or is there something else at play here?

Thanks