major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Indeed there is currently no file synchronisation command within ArmA3Sync console mode as it was designed to manage a repository locally.

Now I could add this feature if really needed.

Nah, don't worry about it mate, i was just trying to use your program as a ftp-client.

I did write a windows batch-script that can automatically download the repo from any ftp-server (depends on winSCP.com).

For those interested you can download it as part of the Ahoy_server_tools from version 1.3 onwards: https://bitbucket.org/kamaradski/ahoy-server-tools/downloads

I have a dedi box and trying to get it to work on it. I tried just having a folder then making a FTP folder but still can not get it to work right. When i try and connect it just times out. All ports are open

Hi Major_Shepard!

Quick question, the two options under build options when it comes to file exlusion;

1. Repository files excluded from build - this means skip and do not include the selected files from build/upload, right?

2. Repository folders with excluded extra local content when sync - same as above but with folders?

Thanks in advance!

1. right

2. No. This option prevent from erasing client side content within the specified folder. This is a typically usefull for userconfig folder because client may have extra local addons.

roger that, thanks a bunch!

Hello

Probably a very noobish question from me, but could Dropbox be an option for hosting repo files?

I would say no as you should be able to upload folders not only files.

Edited by Major_Shepard

So normally I use PW6 but a group I am looking at uses This as their Mod tool...when I use their repo and start downloading it wants to re-download Mods I already have installed the folder is the same as PW6 where the mods are so Armasync doesn't seem to be reading what I already have installed...anyone have this issue? I don't want to re-download mods I already have installed.

Diesel

Each mod folders on your PC must have the same name as the corresponding one on repository.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Starting last nite (10/13/2014) I've been experiencing arma3 crashing after clicking on "New" and then "NEXT" in the MP setup ONLY when "internet" is chosen and ONLY when starting the game using the arma3sync launcher. It does not crash if I start arma3 with its regular shortcut (same mods enabled via shortcut as when using arma3sync launcher).

Is this related in some way to the new arma3 1.32 patch? I'm assuming something must have changed on the MP end of things starting last nite in prep for todays big game patch 1.32. You might want to have a look at this.

Edited by BigShot

Hi

I am searching around for a guide to setting up an actual HTTP or FTP repository itself, rather than the A3S client. Have I missed an obvious link to this information?

Whats about a compression and/ or multiple downloads at the same time?

Thanks for the Tool

it is in progress actually

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Starting last nite (10/13/2014) I've been experiencing arma3 crashing after clicking on "New" and then "NEXT" in the MP setup ONLY when "internet" is chosen and ONLY when starting the game using the arma3sync launcher. It does not crash if I start arma3 with its regular shortcut (same mods enabled via shortcut as when using arma3sync launcher).

Is this related in some way to the new arma3 1.32 patch? I'm assuming something must have changed on the MP end of things starting last nite in prep for todays big game patch 1.32. You might want to have a look at this.

I don't have tried ArmA 3 with the new release 1.32 so far. Will have a look at it.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Hi

I am searching around for a guide to setting up an actual HTTP or FTP repository itself, rather than the A3S client. Have I missed an obvious link to this information?

Look for Apache Server (HTTP) or FileZilla Server (FTP) there are plenty of tutorials through the internet.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Have you guys thought about switching to Github for your repository (code)/issue management?

I've wanted to contribute but it is a PITA to deal with patches and all that for SVN.

I can get my Repo to work. if it is a huge repo, when i try to import the autoconfig it never connects. Purpose if i have just TFAR CBA and it works Any mods that are big in size it doesn't connect anymore. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

edit. what filezilla is Saying:

b969d61d28c414ebbebc5de904194a32.png

Fizilla is saying your are missing the /.a3s folder on the repository. Be sure to re-build the repository every time you make a change.

This tool is amazing, but I keep having problems updating files that are already installed. We are using an HTTP server for it and whenever a new version of a mod comes out and I update it on the repository, it won't download the file unless you go to the A3 install folder and delete the one it is trying to replace. It gives an error 503, unless you go and delete the old one from your install and then it works flawlessly. You can work around it, but it's very annoying. Is there any sort of fix for that?

You have a HTTP 503 error? If yes the problem is server side. I'm pretty sure your server does not hold partial file transfer.

I can get my Repo to work. if it is a huge repo, when i try to import the autoconfig it never connects. Purpose if i have just TFAR CBA and it works Any mods that are big in size it doesn't connect anymore. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

edit. what filezilla is Saying:

http://i.gyazo.com/b969d61d28c414ebbebc5de904194a32.png

any idea why my repository works if i use smaller addons like CBA and TFAR. But when i go to make the repository with all of our mods. It just stays on "trying to connect". And on the server i get that message above. Any help would be good.

edit. I have the ./a3s folder in the repo. Can provide SS if needed.

Edited by gutiarhero814

Been having a problem with Arma3Sync, something about IOException caught while copying happening a few seconds into the download, anyway I can find out what's causing it? It used to do it occasionally, now the downloads fail everytime.