major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

ok so we made some tests last evening on a II 7 server and finally sync successfully.

- Authentication module is not installed by default on a IIS 7 server. It results to a 400 http error when ArmA3Sync will try to download the first .zsync file (i.e the authentication request is not understood).

- IIS user must set "*" as MINE filter on the repository or add every file extension (pain in the ass) otherwise it will result in a http 500 error

- File browsing (indexes) must be enabled on the repository, by default it is disabled on the whole server.

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-07-2014 at 11:34 PM ----------

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 7

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: user can now set a default repository modset to a favorite server.

- Fixed: Web hosted repository: 400 http error with IIS server and anonymous connection.

Additionally you must edit error pages (custom or not) by adding on top of them (before DOCTYPE declaration):

<% Response.Status = "404 Not Found" %>

for error 404 and :

<% Response.Status = "500 Server Error" %>

for error 500.

Other error pages should be modified too but these two are mandatory, otherwise your IIS server is sending errors pages with a 200 (OK) response code.

Edited by =[TTK]= Memphis007

Hi there guys,

Sorry if this has been answered already but I have searched for the past 4 hours with no luck on this... When you enter our auto-config it states "connection success" but when you try to download the files [clicking the tick] I get the following message.

"File /.a3s/sync not found on repository. Try to rebuild the repository."

If anyone can shed some light on this then please do as myself and the fellow admins are pulling our hair out over this!! :D

Thanks in advance.

Yes I can... via Google chrome and entering the FTP details I can see them.

I read that the connection may need to be anonymous... is this the case or is a passworded FTP account ok?

Yes I can... via Google chrome and entering the FTP details I can see them.

I read that the connection may need to be anonymous... is this the case or is a passworded FTP account ok?

The file /.a3s/sync on your repository is corrupted from the HTTP server url you gave.

How do I go about fixing this? I have built a few of these and re-uploaded several times now?

Cheers

Many reasons for this:

- Physical error on server hard drive

- Anti-virus/firewall shit on the server

- Proxy server blocking small binary file

i have a question i have the modpack setup on my dedicated server. when i click check for addons, it doesnt give me the @folder it shows me the addons and keys folder and then replaces them which screws up the game. any reason for that?

Hi Shepard

Is there some extra command flags that I can set, so that arma3sync can run as a cron job. I want it to check if repo X is out of date, and if so rebuild then exit?

Cheers

C.

Write scripts with < java -jar ArmA3Sync.jar -build "Name of the repository" > command line to perform a build and -check for checking the repository

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 8

Download

Use Check for Updates in the Help menu

Changelog

- Added: user can now set a default event/sub repository modset to a favorite server.

- Added: Web hosted repository: support for repository with hidden indexes.

- Added: Additional run paratemers: -malloc automatically set at first place of ArmA 3 startup parameters.

Edited by Major_Shepard

ArmA3Sync 1.2 Update 8

Changelog

- Added: user can now set a default event/sub repository modset to a favorite server.

Perfect! Thx a lot!

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

New release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Major_Shepard) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

This version seems to have broken my ability to download from my http repository, ftp backup worked fine. I have re-installed an older version of Arma3Sync and the http works again.

Ours don't work either. Update on client side broke it - I send http url to you.

Edited by prykpryk

Same here, HTTP update broke, for some reason A3S is now trying to access "/" on the server even though that's not where the repository is and it lacks sufficient access rights.

192.168.178.150 - - [21/Apr/2014:12:44:23 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 403 1049 "-" "Java/1.7.0_51"

This is fails on my web server because there indexes are turned off for "/".

Previous version did this:

192.168.178.150 - NSC [20/Apr/2014:02:40:39 +0200] "GET /A3Repository HTTP/1.1" 301 326 "-" "Java/1.7.0_51"
192.168.178.150 - NSC [20/Apr/2014:02:40:39 +0200] "GET /A3Repository/ HTTP/1.1" 200 3335 "-" "Java/1.7.0_51"
192.168.178.150 - NSC [20/Apr/2014:02:40:39 +0200] "GET /A3Repository/.a3s/sync HTTP/1.1" 200 32120 "-" "Java/1.7.0_51"

If possible, can you please have A3S only access the required files directly and therefore maximising web server compatibility (from a settings perspective)? I for one just like to lock down my web server as much as possible. For example

• Do not request "/" when the repository does not live there
  • Do not request "/A3Repository" (requires redirect to "/A3Repository/"; tailing slash)
  • Do not request "/A3Repository" (requires indexes to be turned on)

Otherwise, great update, really like the ability to now chose a modset for a particular server. Is it intentional that modests that have been created at the client end via the "add group" function cannot be selected?

I would also love to see the ability to add or remove certain mods from a server-side modeset at the client. For example I want to use the server-side modeset that has been provided by the repository, but also want to have JSRS added and the graphics mod-package removed. I can make the changes right now, but the next time I sync the repository, all the modsets will be back to what they are at the server. So an ability to permanently exclude and include mods at the client for a server-side modset would be great.

Otherwise, great update, really like the ability to now chose a modset for a particular server. Is it intentional that modests that have been created at the client end via the "add group" function cannot be selected?

I would also love to see the ability to add or remove certain mods from a server-side modeset at the client. For example I want to use the server-side modeset that has been provided by the repository, but also want to have JSRS added and the graphics mod-package removed. I can make the changes right now, but the next time I sync the repository, all the modsets will be back to what they are at the server. So an ability to permanently exclude and include mods at the client for a server-side modset would be great.

The all point of server side modset (Repository modset, Event modset) is to make it easier for the user to launch their game without missing to select and addon. Which would ends with in game script error or unability to join the server.

So the ability to associate a modset to a favorite server is to be used if you want to run the all modset content with this server.

If you want to add more addon to launch with the game, just create a new group and add those addons. Of course the game server must not have signature enabled otherwise you would be ejected.