with the latest update, i put one NATO squad and CSAT squad on the map with seek and destroy waypoints towards eachother, and the squad leaders are telling everyone to hold fire. so its been a huge staring contest so far :(

It's a bug I just found and fixed. Re uploading in a little bit.

For this to work with TPW EBS, do we need to disable tpw_ebs_findcover in that mod's userconfig file?

There is no need to turn taking cover off. They do separate things.

are you gonna make it for arma 2 too?

Sorry but I don't even own Arma 2 :(

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

Updated version 1.27

Version 1.27

• Fixed an issue with AI not shooting each other (For results on who won the staring contest, please contact me)
  • Code cleanup

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.27.zip

Edited by Windwalking

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

There is no need to turn taking cover off. They do separate things.

I've just released TPW EBS 1.04 in which suppressed AI will not seek cover if WW AICOVER has already assigned them to do so.

I've just released TPW EBS 1.04 in which suppressed AI will not seek cover if WW AICOVER has already assigned them to do so.

Awesome news! You are the best.

Maybe you should merge code and make everything configurable via one single config file.

Maybe you should merge code and make everything configurable via one single config file.

For now since my mod is quite new and might have kinks/frequent updates, it's better to keep both mods separated till it matures a bit to make maintaining a merged mod easier.

Hopefully in the future though we get to do that. I do love working with TPW.

Hi and Thank's for the great addon, I get a few errors on screen File ( WW_AICOVER\ww_aicover.sqf, line 337 ) I was playing with the tpw ebs and a couple of other ai enhancements when I added your addon yesterday I get freezes in game every 2 or 3 minutes only happens when I enable the addon if I don't use it it works normally a haven't checked the rpt yet if you like I can stick a YT vid up to show you it . cheers again

Is the freezes been fixed? I had to restart my pc a few times (a couple days ago) until i turn off your mod! So i gave up! :(

But i will try again!And give you feedback!

Does it work with asr_ai and TPW LOS?

Thanks!

Is the freezes been fixed? I had to restart my pc a few times (a couple days ago) until i turn off your mod! So i gave up! :(

But i will try again!And give you feedback!

Does it work with asr_ai and TPW LOS?

Thanks!

No crashes at all now yeah. The mod is new and had a few kinks, now seems stable.

It will work with TPW_LOS, I don't see why it won't with asr_ai but I haven't tried. Can you check it out and let me know?

Does anyone know if this can be used in conjunction with Zooloo75's mod? dont want any conflicts and was wondering if it works together or if I should simply use just this one along with TPW-EBS???

To answer shortly -yes! I use the 3 mods + TPW LOS and couple that with TPW Fall -you'll have some real interesting AI firefights and imho, pretty awesome as well. I've set up a pretty routine 5 vs 5 firefight between defending Opfor and attacking Blufor at the Kill Farm and have watched it over 12 times. The play out is leaps above standard vanilla AI (which is getting better), with guys sometimes sticking to cover for extended periods and much more of a real ebb and flow to the combat. Another nice thing is that if you intentionally lopside the skill settings (Blufor all high Opfor low vice versa), the better skilled team almost always wins but in more interesting ways than standard.

The Fall mod adds elements of guys getting hit, seeming to be dead, than getting their wits and continuing on or crawling for cover -something that was and should be in vanilla....Overall Im loving it.

To answer shortly -yes! I use the 3 mods + TPW LOS and couple that with TPW Fall -you'll have some real interesting AI firefights and imho, pretty awesome as well. I've set up a pretty routine 5 vs 5 firefight between defending Opfor and attacking Blufor at the Kill Farm and have watched it over 12 times. The play out is leaps above standard vanilla AI (which is getting better), with guys sometimes sticking to cover for extended periods and much more of a real ebb and flow to the combat. Another nice thing is that if you intentionally lopside the skill settings (Blufor all high Opfor low vice versa), the better skilled team almost always wins but in more interesting ways than standard.

The Fall mod adds elements of guys getting hit, seeming to be dead, than getting their wits and continuing on or crawling for cover -something that was and should be in vanilla....Overall Im loving it.

That is really good to know. I was afraid it might conflict with Zooloo's because I do not know how he handles his features. Glad you are enjoying it.

New release

Version 1.30

• AI react to sound based on distance. Sound reaches them when it should reach them.
  • If one squad memeber is under unexpected fire, the rest of the group are alerted and seek cover
  • Much better handling of TPW_EBS suppressions if available (seriously do get it though)
  • Better handling of charges, mines and satchels

This release seems to be the most stable so far. If any errors, please do tell me.

Can someone confirm what is the AI's reaction to drone noises?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.30.zip

Edited by Windwalking

I'm actually getting quite a lot of errors when an explosion appears regarding an undefined variable in expression _vectordir and _noisedir. I didn't have that problem with the previous release.

I'm actually getting quite a lot of errors when an explosion appears regarding an undefined variable in expression _vectordir and _noisedir. I didn't have that problem with the previous release.

Is it any kind of explosions?

Also can you tell me what is the general situation of the explosion? I am unable to replicate it on my end.

Edited by Windwalking

Yeah i was playing Dynamic Whole Map (SP) and an IFRIT GL started firing when 3 errors kept appearing and disappearing multiple times a second when an explosion happend (it might also have been the MI-48 flying over top but I'm pretty sure it was the IFRIT). I made some screenshots of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qlm319i4ovtio4/2013-08-25_00002.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1kacvrvg6jwdud9/2013-08-25_00004.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq0n359mw8xbmw8/2013-08-25_00005.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tf1812euphr5ng/2013-08-25_00007.jpg

Hope this helps?

By the way i noticed my team often stops following orders after they come into (limited) enemy contact, they will flock all over the place and even when the enemy contact is gone or very limited they will only follow orders for a very short period and then start ignoring the order again. But i do love the firefights with this addon!

Edited by Speeeedy.com

Very nice, Windwalking! Will give this a shot as soon as possible.

We will test this on a dedicated server later (with each client running the addon). It should also be interesting to see how JSRS' seemingly increased sound ranges will affect AI behaviour. Do feel free to pop by if you are interested to find out how this runs in multiplayer. At any rate, I will gladly provide feedback. Thank you very much for sharing this with us! :-)

Anyone know if this is server side only? Or do each client need to have it installed??

Read the whole thread, downloading now! Awesome work!

Guess it's time to download TPW FALL and TPW EBS too...

Yay!

A hot fix. You need to recopy the userConfig files since I added a new parameter.

Version 1.31

• Added an option in the config file to prevent the take cover routine from activating on your squad memebers if the leader is a player
  • Fixed Vehicles bug regarding explosives

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3047338/%40WW_AICOVER_v1.31.zip

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

By the way i noticed my team often stops following orders after they come into (limited) enemy contact, they will flock all over the place and even when the enemy contact is gone or very limited they will only follow orders for a very short period and then start ignoring the order again. But i do love the firefights with this addon!

Thanks a lot for the bug report. I fixed the issue and reuploaded.

The mod makes your squad members break formation and seek cover if there is an unexpected gun fire near you. They return to formation right after it and the effect will not happen again if there is continous gunfire, you fired first, or a minute has passed by of no firing at all. I have added a config parameter that you can change to disable the effect on your team members completely.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Anyone know if this is server side only? Or do each client need to have it installed??

So far, each client needs to have it. I am working on making it dedicated server friendly however. I will update this thread once I manage to do that.

Sorry to bug you, but I can't seem to grasp where I should put the .hpp in. The readme states "copy @WW_AICOVER/userconfig/WW_AICOVER/WW_AICOVER.hpp to your arma3 userconfig/WW_AICOVER/WW_AICOVER.hpp": does this mean I should create a new folder in SteamApps/common/Arma 3/userconfig named WW_AICOVER and put the .hpp file in it?

Yay!

Sorry to bug you, but I can't seem to grasp where I should put the .hpp in. The readme states "copy @WW_AICOVER/userconfig/WW_AICOVER/WW_AICOVER.hpp to your arma3 userconfig/WW_AICOVER/WW_AICOVER.hpp": does this mean I should create a new folder in SteamApps/common/Arma 3/userconfig named WW_AICOVER and put the .hpp file in it?

Yay!

There shouldnt be a need to do that. Just copy the userConfigh folder that is inside the mod, to your SteamApps/common/Arma 3/ folder. Thats it :)

Oh it was that simple. Me making things harder for myself like usual.

I still have a question: I normally rename the @ folder in /Arma 3 to slightly different names (I have a lot of Mods and keeping the default names is quite frankly a mess): should I rename the userconfig foder to match the renamed @ folder?

Actually, now that I think about it I should ask for permission to rename these folders first. So pretended I asked permission before the question. :D

Yay!

Oh it was that simple. Me making things harder for myself like usual.

I still have a question: I normally rename the @ folder in /Arma 3 to slightly different names (I have a lot of Mods and keeping the default names is quite frankly a mess): should I rename the userconfig foder to match the renamed @ folder?

Actually, now that I think about it I should ask for permission to rename these folders first. So pretended I asked permission before the question. :D

Yay!

I think renaming the folder will be fine, but do not rename the userconfig one. Also I am not sure if that will work even, never tried it. If something goes wrong, just don't rename it :D

I think renaming the folder will be fine, but do not rename the userconfig one. Also I am not sure if that will work even, never tried it. If something goes wrong, just don't rename it :D
Guess I'll just have to test! Thank you for the quick responses!

Yay!

Some quick feedback: Absolutely amazing addon. Played this in a coop mission, with each client loading the addon (same .hpp settings). Absolutely an improvement. We tested a scenario involving a raid with SD rifles and the difference in gameplay was vast. Enemies ducking for cover and trying to pinpoint our location. Amazing work, Windwalking. Thank you!