Sign in to follow this  
Fragmagnet

When will the FPS camera get locked to the orientation of the head?

Currently, the FPS camera is pretty much just following the front of the head.

So when you die. it looks like the camera just falls to the ground and it doesn't look good this way.

When you do the lowprone to look under things. you still have an upright view.

when you lean you have an upright view

It also doesn't follow animations, like when you use an FAK on yourself.

Yet it does follow rolls.

When will the camera follow the orientation of the head? So when you're lowprone, your view is sideways and such.

Examples through the editor camera

Lean left

What we have

What I want

Lean right

What we have

What I want

Left prone

What we have

What I want

Right prone

What we have

What I want

Low prone

What we have

What I want

Edited by Fragmagnet

+1, I like this. it does make sense. after doing firing drills for a firm i started people were trying to keep their eyes horizontal where as dynamic leaning eyes level to the sights decreases neck fatigue.

Personally I agree with you Fragmagnet, but I seriously doubt it will happen. Basically when you tilt your head in real life there's a whole lot of proprioception going on to confirm to your bain that you tilted, and not the earth. Because the monitor can't give you those cues, I figure the devs have emulated the process by not tilting the horizon. A similar argument applies to head bobbing, where your brain compensates for the up and down of your gait.

Personally I agree with you Fragmagnet, but I seriously doubt it will happen. Basically when you tilt your head in real life there's a whole lot of proprioception going on to confirm to your bain that you tilted, and not the earth. Because the monitor can't give you those cues, I figure the devs have emulated the process by not tilting the horizon. A similar argument applies to head bobbing, where your brain compensates for the up and down of your gait.

totally agree

I agree with tpw. The vestibular apparatus always gives a robust estimation of where the "up" and "down" actually are - hence, the brain can easily discern where "up" is. Being wounded is another story, though... A concussion can play a lot with the sense of orientation - it can be played around in the game.

Even if you don't want your view to tilt while leaning and such. There's still the fact of how your camera does not follow your ragdoll's view at all.

Even if you don't want your view to tilt while leaning and such. There's still the fact of how your camera does not follow your ragdoll's view at all.

Simulating human perception via mouse/keyboard/monitor interface isn't really the best thing ever so compromises like this are actually more realistic (this is similar to the good old "having zoom is unrealistic" argument).

I really like the idea, something about leaning/stance adjust always felt off to me and I think this was the problem.

With that, I agree. Ragdolling & death definitely should produce tilt. It just shouldn't reorient you where there's no reorientation IRL

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

Make a feature request and vote on it otherwise nothing will happen but this should be quite easy to implement.

Make a feature request and vote on it otherwise nothing will happen but this should be quite easy to implement.

Absolutely. This totally needs more attention.