Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

KEYS: No action menu

Great news. :D

Could it be possible to dock the icon to the relevant ingame object? For example, if opening a door the icon would stay on the knob; if opening a backpack, the icon would stay on the backpack; if picking up a weapon, the icon would stay on the weapon.

Yay!

Great news. :D

Could it be possible to dock the icon to the relevant ingame object?

That was the feature that I'm really excited about...as Sakura demonstrated with blackhawk.

I wonder what effort would be required to get all vehicles in line with "sticky icon feature" in?

I would like to see this connected with Advanced Cockpit Interaction. Sakura_Chan have you thought about talking to Enricksolt? You both could do amazing mod for amra 3 :D (sory for my english)

I would like to see this connected with Advanced Cockpit Interaction. Sakura_Chan have you thought about talking to Enricksolt? You both could do amazing mod for amra 3 :D (sory for my english)

Totally agree.

actually I am waiting for both mods (apart OFRP ;) )

but I think that it could not be possible to install both mod so why don't merge them ! both looks excellent.

(sorry for my English to (I m french ;) )

Edited by gonza

Another small update. I've finished the UAV commands and the turret/uav assemble commands. You can now interact with autonomous vehicles using the keyboard commands. The "swap gunner" key switches you between driver and the turret, the "Get out" key releases control. I changed the priorities of the actions too. I also cleaned up the artillery a bit, I moved the artillery computer to the top of the list and gave it a keyboard command. In an artillery vehicle you only have to hit the "gear" key to bring up the artillery screen. I was also finishing up sorting the keyboard commands, and I was making a list of legacy/unused commands when I discovered a set of commands that allows for manual elevation and ranging of artillery. I found no mention of them on the forums and they were unbound by default. The commands are "Gun elevation up + down", "slow gun elevation", and "auto elevation". After a little testing I was able to manually engage targets out to 2000m using a direct line of fire.

As for a release date, I really want this released before the first campaign is out, so people can give it a good playthrough and give me some feedback.

Another small update. I've finished the UAV commands and the turret/uav assemble commands. You can now interact with autonomous vehicles using the keyboard commands. The "swap gunner" key switches you between driver and the turret, the "Get out" key releases control. I changed the priorities of the actions too. I also cleaned up the artillery a bit, I moved the artillery computer to the top of the list and gave it a keyboard command. In an artillery vehicle you only have to hit the "gear" key to bring up the artillery screen. I was also finishing up sorting the keyboard commands, and I was making a list of legacy/unused commands when I discovered a set of commands that allows for manual elevation and ranging of artillery. I found no mention of them on the forums and they were unbound by default. The commands are "Gun elevation up + down", "slow gun elevation", and "auto elevation". After a little testing I was able to manually engage targets out to 2000m using a direct line of fire.

As for a release date, I really want this released before the first campaign is out, so people can give it a good playthrough and give me some feedback.

Great! I always thought those controls were for WIP rifle ranging.

Any news/ideas on the icon docking?

Yay!

The commands are "Gun elevation up + down", "slow gun elevation", and "auto elevation". After a little testing I was able to manually engage targets out to 2000m using a direct line of fire.

Wow! Nice find.

I discovered a set of commands that allows for manual elevation and ranging of artillery. I found no mention of them on the forums and they were unbound by default. The commands are "Gun elevation up + down", "slow gun elevation", and "auto elevation". After a little testing I was able to manually engage targets out to 2000m using a direct line of fire.

I believe I've had these commands bound by default and always used them with artillery? Just put the auto elevation on and point & shoot, I thought that's how you're supposed to use the artillery. And if for some reason you want to set elevation manually the HUD shows the value you should aim at with up+down keys.

And you can engage targets up to 12km (or as far as you can see them). You may need to change the distance mode to Far in the artillery computer first.

I had not updated my profile since the early beta, maybe they were re-bound at some point?

Another minor update. Today I finished up the ladder actions and icons, and I finished the explosive handling. I made it so you have to manually use the action menu to place and fuse explosives, just for the sake of safety. I've been kicked off of servers for accidentally placing explosives at base heh. I added a keyboard shortcut to the "detonate" action, so you don't have to scroll through the action menu anymore. I also added a keyboard command to the parachute, pressing the inventory key now opens the chute. Things are progressing nicely!

Will all these new keybindings show as entries in the normal keybind menus, or will they all be in the custom one? I'm thinking of compatibility with other mods that use custom keybinds.

Yay!

yes!No rush men, despite campaign coming - you will aways found people to test your addon for sure.

Well I'm gearing up for release. The first release will lack most of the customization I have planned, but it will be enough to get people going. I will include an optional addon that adds a key press hint to the action menu. If you select an action that has a keyboard shortcut, it will be displayed, otherwise it will just display the "use action" keyboard command. This might help some people find the new connections without having to read a manual. Actually a lot of games have this by default. Also, included will be a small fix for the command bar, I noticed that the unit numbers became unreadable when you assigned them a team color, due to dull colors and a black shadow. I brightened the colors and removed the shadow. I tweaked it a little bit more so now it always displays the "combatmode" and "behavior" of your squadmates. Before it would only display if they were in certain modes.

I plan on releasing this around Monday, it should give me a day or two to fix any bugs (none currently known) and respond to user feedback. It will hopefully be enough for people to have an enjoyable playthrough of the campaign once it hits the stable version. Once initial release is done, I will push out the scripted part which is also fairly complete right now. Once everything seems to be running fine in MP I will look into porting this to ArmA2. Really this probably just means DayZ, as ACE uses its own system anyways. I will definitely have to gauge the interest from A2 players. For what its worth, the first release version which removes or re-orders action menu items should be totally compatible with A2.

..I plan on releasing this around Monday, it should give me a day or two to fix any bugs (none currently known)..

Or, you could upload the pbo right now and let us help you with this! :D it's the weekend anyway, so lots of time to help you

Or, you could upload the pbo right now and let us help you with this! :D it's the weekend anyway, so lots of time to help you

yes yes, do this instead!! :)

i don't know if it has been asked before but do you have any plans on reworking the AI command menu? you seem to know your way around dialogs and UI pretty well. in my opinion it would already highly benefit from a recomposition of the existing parts. like radial design that expands outwards or maybe a progressive pop up list like when you rightclick a file in windows.

the main problem i see with the vanilla one is is that the parent menus get entirely hidden once you enter a sub menu. and also the contect sensitive one just gets overlayed on the main options. it's really bad. it's like a book with pages that hide the previous page when it should be more like something that unfolds and gets added to.

just an idea since it basically fits the premise of your mod. streamlining existing UI and such.

i don't know if it has been asked before but do you have any plans on reworking the AI command menu? you seem to know your way around dialogs and UI pretty well. in my opinion it would already highly benefit from a recomposition of the existing parts. like radial design that expands outwards or maybe a progressive pop up list like when you rightclick a file in windows.

the main problem i see with the vanilla one is is that the parent menus get entirely hidden once you enter a sub menu. and also the contect sensitive one just gets overlayed on the main options. it's really bad. it's like a book with pages that hide the previous page when it should be more like something that unfolds and gets added to.

just an idea since it basically fits the premise of your mod. streamlining existing UI and such.

There already is another modder working on this, check this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152224-CMI-Command-Improvement-Mod&p=2528844#post2528844

Yay!

Yep I'd love to see something like this to open from a key and then you can navigate through those menus normally. Benefit is you don't have to remember where are Mount commands under 1,2,3... because you can see it right away. This system wouldn't probably open up number keys in use because of the hard coding or could it? Here's my ticket about this.

Well I do still have this old thing laying around:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/sakuteam.jpg (176 kB)

I also have a super-context sensitive command menu. At any given time you only have 1 command available to you. It also incorporates 1-2-3-4-5 weapon selecting. It seems that other people have been improving the command system as well.

I don't know what to say....Thanks Sakura i guess....but some of those i can't unsee:o

There already is another modder working on this, check this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...44#post2528844

Yay!

Hie everybody,

Im just want to inform you all, that I still working on my mod,

made a complete Code changing and got ver good progress so far, speaking for a release in the next weeks / days

will upload some screenshot soon in my thread

@Sakura_Chan

this mod is sooo awesome, keep up the good work!!! can't wait for this coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gizz46

Hope things are going ok Sakura.

Waiting intently for this so i can test the hell out of it...:bounce3: