rebelvg

GCam (Let's fix this great mod)

it's in config.bin. I suggest you to search Arma 3 Edit section or Google a little bit now to get knowledge about unbining configs

• Like 1

Will editing the config file in RHS cause issues with server mismatch or anything like that? Our community uses RHS heavily, but as long as it won't kick me off the server this seems like a good solution.

I am extremely excited to report that RHS Escalation v0.4.0.1 fixes this issue and that GCam works correctly now. Thank you, Reyhard, if your participation in this conversation had anything to do with the fix - I am immensely grateful!

I've found several threads for this mod by different people, so I'm not sure who's keeping this mod up to date. So far it's pretty good, almost perfect. Any chance of getting a pause button? Using triggers for setACCTime causes gcam to not respond, and clicking the down arrow 10 times for the time isn't really helpful for what I want to do.

Hi, just thought I'd mention I've found two mod incompatibilities with Gcam.

1. TF47 Launchers. (Which Reyhard pointed out a solution to for the RHS variant, but I'm still stumped how to solve it for the vanilla TF47  - as we run it but not RHS.)

2. Toadie's HLC Aug pack. (Both the Steam variant and the Armaholic variant [N!Arsenal]

wouldn't mind finding a workaround to get both of these working if possible. (TF47 Launchers being a bit of a priority for our community)

Still, really love what this mod does. very cool stuff. been looking for something like this since forever.

Hi, just thought I'd mention I've found two mod incompatibilities with Gcam.

1. TF47 Launchers. (Which Reyhard pointed out a solution to for the RHS variant, but I'm still stumped how to solve it for the vanilla TF47  - as we run it but not RHS.)

2. Toadie's HLC Aug pack. (Both the Steam variant and the Armaholic variant [N!Arsenal]

wouldn't mind finding a workaround to get both of these working if possible. (TF47 Launchers being a bit of a priority for our community)

Still, really love what this mod does. very cool stuff. been looking for something like this since forever.

I don't know if you'll find this useful or not, but what I did before RHS's TF47 launchers were made compatible was to use an older version of the standalone TF47 launchers from June of 2015. I'm not sure how different that version is from the latest, but at least it worked with GCam.

I'm not sure why I didn't think to do this sooner, but I reached out to the head of our mission making staff last night and explained the problem. He spent 5 minutes looking at the TF47 config and about 2 minutes looking at the GCam files. In the end, he figured the simplest way to avoid the conflict between the two mods was to just modify the way GCam is activated. Gigan's version activated GCam by way of an action, but Anders tweaked it so it's called by script instead. I tested the fix with the TF47 mod active, and it works! He said I could share the results, so feel free to download the new version and try it out.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why I didn't think to do this sooner, but I reached out to the head of our mission making staff last night and explained the problem. He spent 5 minutes looking at the TF47 config and about 2 minutes looking at the GCam files. In the end, he figured the simplest way to avoid the conflict between the two mods was to just modify the way GCam is activated. Gigan's version activated GCam by way of an action, but Anders tweaked it so it's called by script instead. I tested the fix with the TF47 mod active, and it works! He said I could share the results, so feel free to download the new version and try it out.

Hi Diehard, would it be possible to get a new link for the download? GCAM is probably the most essential mod to any ARMA 3 cinematic production and after reading the incompatibilities with RHS (which I'm also using) it means I'm going to have quite a few problems.

*Edit*

Scratch that, it just wouldn't open on Chrome, I had to use explorer instead. Many thanks to everyone who helped keep this fantastic script running!

Hi Diehard, would it be possible to get a new link for the download? GCAM is probably the most essential mod to any ARMA 3 cinematic production and after reading the incompatibilities with RHS (which I'm also using) it means I'm going to have quite a few problems.

*Edit*

Scratch that, it just wouldn't open on Chrome, I had to use explorer instead. Many thanks to everyone who helped keep this fantastic script running!

Yeah, I've just noticed today that google drive download links won't open in Chrome for me. They were working fine yesterday. I fired up FireFox and that worked fine. I noticed a bunch of wonky things with Facebook yesterday, too. What the hell is Google doing to Chrome?!

On 1/1/2017 at 3:58 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Anybody else getting font error message with this mod?

Yep, Zeppelin32 font is missing. How can I fix this problem?

I tried to fix it and when I PBO it it didn't create correct folder structure :/ So I used it as script version :))
Fix is actually simple in one of the file you need to replace the font type that's it

Unfortunately im still having alot of trouble with the mod. Even though I change all the font types to tahomab, no text shows in the dialogs. Well well,

For me gcam doesnt even give me an action to open it anymore. Any help anyone?

On 2013/8/8 at 10:18 PM, rebelvg said:

On 2017/1/14 at 2:29 AM, Devastator_cm said:

I tried to fix it and when...............

On 2017/1/15 at 6:56 PM, plaindog said:

Unfortunately ..........................

Hi guys, I resolved all errors and pack it into pbo(error include missing font & map's paa define etc...), and now you can place this mod anywhere you like and it will not error.(Previous versions will have gcam_component.hpp not find error message if you not put mod under root game folder.)

Gcam fix Downloadlink

I fix with rebelvg's version.(Armaholic)

And rebelvg if you like, you can take this version and update to armaholic, let armaholic can have a good one GCam :)

21 hours ago, alex150201 said:

For me gcam...............

Try my fix version :)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, God of Monkeys said:

Hi guys, I resolved all errors and pack it into pbo(error include missing font & map's paa define etc...), and now you can place this mod anywhere you like and it will not error.(Previous versions will have gcam_component.hpp not find error message if you not put mod under root game folder.)

Gcam fix Downloadlink

I fix with rebelvg's version.(Armaholic)

And rebelvg if you like, you can take this version and update to armaholic, let armaholic can have a good one GCam :)

Try my fix version :)

Will do thanks mate you might be a life saver!

EDIT: Unfortunately I still dont get an action in game to open Gcam. :(

1 hour ago, alex150201 said:

Will do thanks mate you might be a life saver!

EDIT: Unfortunately I still dont get an action in game to open Gcam. :(

Can you told me how you use?

Install position, official launcher? Any other mod?

Okay so I just drag the "@Gcam" folder in my arma 3 directory. I load it in the launcher near the end and I use a lot of other mods for the cinematics:

CBA

SSPCM

CUP Core

CUP Terrains

CUP Weapons

CUP Units

CUP Vehicles

RHS Escalation

Chernobyl Zone

NIArms

Project Opfor

Robert Hammer Pistol pack

Robert Hammer attachment pack

tryk

ascz heads

gcam

militarygearpack

show rhs mich2000

show rhs ar15s

VSM mods

Roadrunner LBTs

Direone poses

I'm pretty sure the problem is RHS Escalation, which has the TF47 Launchers baked into it. The spotting scope on the SMAW uses some kind of action that interferes with GCam's ability to show up as an addAction. Reference reyhard's explanation earlier in this discussion.

10 hours ago, diehardfc said:

I'm pretty sure the problem is RHS Escalation, which has the TF47 Launchers baked into it. The spotting scope on the SMAW uses some kind of action that interferes with GCam's ability to show up as an addAction. Reference reyhard's explanation earlier in this discussion.

But I have used gcam in the past with RHS so I dont think it would be rhs.

5 hours ago, alex150201 said:

But I have used gcam in the past with RHS so I dont think it would be rhs.

Try load gcam alone. If it work, then add mod one by one to test what mod have problem.

9 minutes ago, God of Monkeys said:

Try load gcam alone. If it work, then add mod one by one to test what mod have problem.

I've already done that mate it just stopped working on my all of the sudden.

Yeah, I can't get a scroll option either, loaded the mod just by himself and no option, was working yesterday :(