Sign in to follow this  
bigpickle

SpeedOfSound Mod (Beta)

hmm could you show a frequency plot of that soundfile used for the heli rotors / engine? it sounds kind of 22khz - ish

but I like the "live" that it adds!

I've updated first post with a quick WIP video of vehicle audio.

Little details like this makes such a huge difference. I always liked this in ACE too

Keep up the good work Bp

Nice! More great sound mods. Looking forward to listening to this one as well :)

Great sounds Bigpickle :)

Are you going to make sounds for vehicles and planes?

yeah planes or plane is done, helicopters are all done too. Ground vehicles I struggle with, I have hunter and iffrits done and started on an apc but mostly they will be done as I go along after release, which hopefully will be within the next month.

i liked zafir sound, quite realistic, but MX sounds imo are quite weak, even maxed out the volume of my speakers, still felt weak.

The carbine version is quite weak sounding, I wanted a difference between rifle and carbine. The MX rifle sounds more powerful.

The carbine version is quite weak sounding, I wanted a difference between rifle and carbine. The MX rifle sounds more powerful.

oh i see, then u've achieved what you wanted :)

Wow. This sounds absolutely amazing, the atmosphere it will create when you hear you are taking distant fire with loud cracks around you.

STILL looking forward to this release. When its ready, its ready, but how far do you feel you are from pushing something out.

I like the characteristic of the sounds very much, will we get them in stereo at release?

i think, we will have stereo, from reverb/echoes applied over samples through the game.

I asked because I doesn´t hear stereo reverb in the video. Difficult to describe but with headphones these samples are only in the middle of my head instead of the vanilla shotsounds spreading out in the whole head :p

The stereo thing is a bit funky, the game doesn't recognize stereo samples for scripted sound effects, plus an engineer told me that stereo samples are an audio faux par, the engine should do the converting. Plus stereo samples cause complete loss of directional audio.

BIS taking a seat with the SDK or explanations on how stereo formats work in game is holding back my understanding of how exactly they mean to implement stereo sounds.

Updated the first post with a new sound effect that's been added for falling bombs

Bigpickle, so very glad to see this mod is still in the works. Your explosion and heavy ordinance sounds are the best, and that nighttime video sent chills down my spine. Really awesome work that truly needs to make it into A3. I was thinking, have you tried to PM or otherwise contact some of the devs directly in regards to the remaining engine issues you're still dealing with? I understand using the feedback tracker and all, but considering the work you have already displayed, people at BI might very well be willing to help you out on a more individual basis.

Is there any way that I (or anyone else) could go about including Aardvarks Mk18 Mod 1 to sounds from this addon? I'd like to have the same atmosphere for firefights and missions.